shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC purchase (2nd purchase of my 3 week PS membership! EEK)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
:naughty:

Priscescope does a number on you... from diamond shrinkage to wallet/bank account shrinkage. Well, after scouring through everyone's pictures, I decided I really wanted an OEC- something about the vintage cut, the colors it picks up, the idea of it being "vintage" and having a history...

So, I searched Ebay for the past week and had my eye on an OEC diamond ring.

Appraisal is included with sale detailing the stats (Sept 09 appriasal)
.46 old european cut
H color
SI1 clarity
4.85 mm diameter

Appraisal was for 1,365 but I bought it for a steal, way less than buying a .25 rb from online stores.. The shank is split (broken), but I was planning on taking it out of the setting anyway.

Now, what to do with the diamond....
I have a 1.6 RB engagemnet ring, so my worries about a RHR are this:
1. the diamond will feel so small since I am wearing one 3 times the size on the other hand (I know .46 is not small at all, but it will feel it next to my Ering)
2. If I set it in a cool colored haled (pink or blue sapphire maybe?), then it will feel and look more substantial, BUT then I am afraid it might steal the show from my RB- prob not since the RB is set in .7 eternity band and is a D color, but still I dont want it to steal my erin'gs thunder..

So that leaves me with two options- setting it in a halo or bezel pendant since I dont have a diamond necklace, or keeping it until I find a close matching stone and make a bezel set of earrings....

ideas? Here's the pic of it from the seller in the ring setting...

oldeuro1.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Re: OEC purchase (2nd purchase of my 3 week PS membership! E

If you decide to go for earrings may I suggest dangle basket? I see this type of earrings with OEC and it's incredible! Sparkle all the way!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results