shape
carat
color
clarity

OEC from JbEG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had this for a while now - it's a 1.96 J SI2 (EGL) OEC from JbEG in a platinum antique setting. The stone is eye-clean. Grace was a pleasure to work with and made the whole transaction very easy!

I was going to post sooner but ran into a problem when I had the ring sized - I took it to a jeweler who had sized other rings for me and done a great job. When I got home and took a better look, I realized the sizing job was pretty sloppy, the stone wasn't under one of the prongs and it was crooked. These 50 year old eyes just didn't notice these things in the store.

Honestly, I didn't know what the heck to do, so for a while I did nothing! :cheeky: I didn't want to take it back to the jeweler; considering the botched job,I just didn't have confidence he'd be able to fix it. I just wore it once in a while when we went out to dinner, but I was nervous about wearing it and just didn't feel good about how it looked.

I finally decided to go to the downtown area of a nearby town in the hopes that I'd find a jeweler that could repair the ring. Honestly, I just didn't know what else to do! (In hindsight, I should have asked PS'ers for recommendations - d'oh :sick: ) The SA at the first store I went to told me the owner took jewelry over to Philadelphia for repairs and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. The woman I spoke to was really nice and recommended a jeweler down the street who has been repairing her jewelry for years. So I headed on to this tiny shop with one lone man behind the counter. I explained the issues with the ring as he gazed woefully at it. He noticed the problems right away. He pointed out the sloppy sizing job right off the bat and was sufficiently horrified by it that it made me feel more secure that he knew what he was doing. He mentioned something about building up the prongs, which made me a little nervous but I decided to trust him and have him fix it.

Well, to make a long story even longer I picked up the ring today and I'm absolutely thrilled with the work he did! The stone is set perfectly and the prongs look fantastic. And he cleaned up the sizing job and the ring looks perfect now! I'm so happy to have the ring looking beautiful again. When it was messed up I played around with the idea of saving up and getting a new setting eventually. Now that the ring is fixed I've lost any desire to change it. Oh, and he cleaned the diamond while it was out of the setting, and it sparkles and shines more than ever.

These pics are taken with my phone (can't find my camera charger :oops: ) so I couldn't get a good shot of the pretty faceting. These pics don't really do the ring justice. Thanks for looking!

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0518.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0522.jpg

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on a beautiful ring! I love this one. :love: I'm so sorry the first jeweler botched the sizing; that's pretty awful to have to deal with, but in the end, you got a perfect OEC in a perfect ring. :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring! I am glad everything turned out great in the end. Congratulations!!!! :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's so beautiful and looks wonderful on you. I am happy for you that all turned out well for you!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much SparklyOEC, bright ice and baby nurse! It's nice to have a place to share things like this!

In a way, I feel like I just received the ring today, since I had it sized the day after I got it and just haven't really enjoyed it until now.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. I adore ribbon style prongs, that mount is really pretty. Don't you dare change it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug.. you hold out!!! It's beautiful!!!! :love: :love: :love: Just in time to wear it to graduation!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful ring Junebug! :love:
Sorry you had trouble with the sizing but glad you found someone nearby to fix it and now you have a local jeweler who you can go to so win win!
Wear the ring in good health and happiness!

oohsparkly

Shiny_Rock
I love rings that are both simple/classic and interesting at the same time. It must be a pleasure to wear that beauty!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting to see when you were going to post this! It's really beautiful - so happy for you that you finally got the ring you wanted!

Enjoy every sparkly moment with it and you know we'll always take more pictures!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so beautiful Junebug! Congratulations!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh, it's gorgeous! So glad that it was repaired/restored so that you're happy to wear it whenever you want to!! Enjoy it!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mayk, yennyfire, Danny, Dreamer, oohsparkly, Amys Bling, MissGotRocks, and luv2sparkle, missy and Iknvrb4! This is pretty much it for me in the diamond buying department, so thanks for letting me share and for your nice comments!

Mayk, you're absolutely right, I was really glad to get this back to wear this weekend! :)

Dreamer, I won't change the setting! It's tempting sometimes because of all the gorgeous settings I see here on PS, but now that the ring has been fixed I'm happy with it and I'm really enjoying wearing a solitaire. It's pretty cool to have an older setting in such good shape too.

Here are a few feeble attempts at a closer look.

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0553.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The beautiful setting really showcases your diamond perfectly! I love it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous, Junebug! I love it so much! :love:

So sorry for the headache with the first jeweler, but I'm so glad you found a skilled bench guy to fix it! It looks perfect!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
who was the jeweler you ended up going to to resize your ring?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mico|1336757013|3193140 said:

DiBattista Designs in Haddonfield NJ.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Junebug...This is such a perfect ring...

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1336761119|3193211 said:

:) thank you! p.s. the ring is beautiful!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
junebug17|1336761119|3193211 said:

:) thank you! p.s. the ring is beautiful!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
soooo beeeautiful :love: :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Congratulations.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful ring! The setting is lovely, I'm so glad you're happy with it now. It looks classic and yet unique. Love it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful stone! So bright and love the flashes! Awesome finger coverage in that amazing setting! You did well Junebug! It is so frustrating when You count on your jeweller to do it right -and they don't - but how fortunate you found this shop! Wonderful end result and I hope you keep this setting. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results