shape
carat
color
clarity

Non-Flush Wedding Band pics?

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All! I am a newbie (well officially registered) however, I have been following this website for a LONNNNG time!!
emwink.gif
I was wondering if any of you would be so kind as to show me pics of your engagement rings that do not sit flush against your wedding band? I am in the process of looking for a stone now, and would (ideally) like to commission Leon Mege to create my enagement ring...however I am torn as to whether or not I want the band to sit flush...I am looking at creating a VERY delicate Pave shank on my E-Ring, and would like the same for my W-ring...More specifically, I am interested in seeing how noticable the gap would be?? My Stone will be in the 2.5-3.0 Range, and will be a Cushion cut...

Thanks!!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
My recent thread about my J upgrade shows my solitaire with some different bands and there is a slight gap. LtlFirecracker has a Leon with a gap, her recent wedding band thread shows it.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a link to diamondnut's Leon micropave e-ring (on page 2 of the thread there are a couple of hand shots of the e-ring with the matching w-band where you can see how noticeable the gap is) : diamondnut's set

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
I have a 2ct radiant with trillions, and the setting does not allow my micropave wedding ring to sit flush against it. I really prefer it this way, actually. I like that with the gap, you can tell they''re separate rings (not that you couldn''t anyway!
25.gif
) but you know what I mean
1.gif

I also like that I can wear either ring on its own - not that I ever do that either
3.gif

gossamergap.JPG

beltane

Shiny_Rock
Here are my rings... terrible picture, I''m sorry. I have a crappy little Nikon Coolpix and it takes crummy close ups.

I prefer non-matching for the same reason as Gossamer... I think (for me) if the wedding band is too flush with the e-ring, sometimes you can''t tell that there are 2 rings there and I definitely WANT people to know that there is a wedding band beside that e-ring! Plus, again same as Gossamer, I sometimes just want to wear my wedding band and if it fit flush with my engagement ring it would look silly when I wear it alone and it has an arc to it.

Picture002-1-1.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
I have a gap, and although I never would have requested it..I am quite fond of it now. See avatar photo for reference.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
This probably won''t help you, since my set isn''t really what you''re looking for (plus the stone is under a carat), but it''s certainly a gap!

DSC00404.jpg

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Gap galore lover here. I love gappy sets for some reasons :)
Not that I do not like the ones that fit - on others, yes, on me not really...
Sorry, not a cushion in this pic... - but a nice gap! :)

IMG00217.JPG

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for sharing...just as I originally suspected...I LOVE this look! I really like the "look" of two rings, it makes it seem really unique...I appreciate the pics ladies, all of these rings are gorgeous!
30.gif

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel that the gap makes the diamond look bigger because it is set apart from the diamond in the wedding band, or the metal, and so it sort of takes up more room on the finger in reality and visually. I have had both ways and really like the gap.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Truluv
35.gif

I attach a picture of my ER with my half eternity band. They don''t sit flush and i totally love the look! Also, as Dreamer said, the gap between them really accentuates their size and gives more finger coverage
2.gif
In general, i like this look much better...

apollon4583.jpg

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Naty- your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Agree regarding coverage...may I ask size of your finger and carat weight?? Lots of real estate there Gurrrl!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s mine. I don''t mind the gap. I initially thought I would wear just one ring but that bothered me more than having a gap.

cmswedset0120.jpg

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/10/2010 1:59:56 PM
Author: TruLuv858
Naty- your ring is BEAUTIFUL!! Agree regarding coverage...may I ask size of your finger and carat weight?? Lots of real estate there Gurrrl!!
Truluv, thank you for the kind comments on my ring
2.gif
So it's a .90ct stone on the solitaire and .94 ct total weight for the seven diamonds on the half eternity band. My finger size is 4.75!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I admit I am too lazy to go find other pictures I have uploaded so here are two of mine. The first is with another ring I sometimes wear that has little gap. So I don''t wear all three together. But I thought for this thread it would show a bit of different contrast on almost no gap vs. fairly large. The other is a more close up shot, but these are both from just a few days ago. And then you can see in my avatar the gap too.

I''m not sure I am sold on a gap, but it is growing on me some.

clgwliundercarat1.jpg

clgwliundercarat3.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here is my set. I like the gap! I''m all about non-matchy sets, so I don''t mind if it sits flush, but I prefer that the rings not match. The gap just sets the rings apart even more and lets them shine as individual pieces, IMO.

lf ering wband 12.jpg

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Mind the gap!

My 2.63 pear won't sit flush with my band (the band predates the pear) and the tiny eternity. So there is a gap. And I love it...

peargap.JPG

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the gap from the side so you can see the gap at the setting....

pearprofilegap.JPG

DiamondBabe81

Rough_Rock
I think it is perfectly fine to have a non-flush wedding set. I find it unique, sophisticated and beautiful. Here's mine. ;))

ringset_handshot.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love a gap between two rings and made sure that my upgrade would create a gap no matter what. I think it looks a bit more elegant, for some reason.

Here's mine:
IMG_1733.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results