shape
carat
color
clarity

No longer a girlfriend...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

but now his “pre-wife” (as he calls me)!!

He had been in Austin all weekend for a bachelor party, and I’d been in Houston with the bachelorette party. When he got back into town on Sunday, after doing our respective Mother’s day duties, he finally makes it over to my place at 11:30ish. He comes in and says, “Let’s go somewhere.” This is not unusual. One of our favorite things to do is to take off in the middle of the night and just go. Sometimes we end up at the beach, sometimes we just cruise, but most of the time, we go some place to buy something yummy and greasy!! But I was tired and for ONCE did not want to go. After some egging (“Come on I’m hungry!” -- “I’m tired, go get something from the kitchen!” -- “You always want to go eat late” – “I don’t feel like it today.”), and me stubbornly refusing to get my boo-tay off the couch, he said, “I really want to get you out of here cuz I think there’s a gas leak and there are firemen all over the place outside.” I was like huh?

33.gif
Giving him the benefit of the doubt I picked up my bags and walked outside. Sure enough I could smell gas in the air and there were 4 firetrucks and 3 ambulances parked in and around my condo complex. So we took off. He said he wanted some fried chicken, which is one of my favorite foods (southern gal that I am!) so we went to the only fried chicken place we knew that would be open at midnight – Frenchy’s by the University of Houston – to which we had made many late night trips to during college. We went though the drive-thru and he asked me where I wanted to go eat the food. I shrugged, didn’t care. So he drove into the UH campus and parked in front of spot where we first met and spent the majority of our time together on campus, where we became best friends and fell in love, and in the car (which we always considered our private bubble because I always had roommates and it was the only place we had privacy, where we took off in to all our “adventures” (as he called them), where we spent countless numbers of hours just sitting and talking about everything and nothing) he pulls out a piece of paper and starts reading me a poem he wrote about us, filled with all these memories of us of details that I never thought a guy would remember or pay attention to. After he finishes the poem (which he said he had been agonizing over for weeks), he pulls the ring out of his pocket and said, “I can’t kneel, but will you marry me?” I don’t remember what I said (yes or something to that effect) but I launch myself across the car to his seat to hug him and step on the coke in the process, busting the styrofoam cup and spilling soda all over his car.
emembarrassed.gif
oops! After cuddling in his lap for a little while, he asks me, “Don’t you want to even try the ring on?” Heehee, I had forgotten about that part! He wanted to propose on May 9th (it’s our 6 year 10 month anniversary – silly but we still count the months we’ve been together
20.gif
) and so waited until after midnight to propose.

So that’s our story -- kinda silly (everyone puzzles over the fried chicken...heehee), but very much filled with US and our special couple-stuff and I love it!

And no what you all have been patiently waiting for:
specs:
cut: AGSL 0 ideal round brilliant
symmetry: AGSL 0 ideal
polish: AGSL 0 ideal
fluorescence: negligible
color: G
clarity: VVS2
weight: 1.375 ct
dimensions: 7.16-7.23 x 4.41
crown angle: 34.2
crown height: 15.1%
pavil angle: 40.9
pavil depth: 43.0%
culet: pointed
table size: 56%
total depth: 61.2%
girdle thickness: faceted 0.7% - 1.7%3 sided pave/beadset with mailgraining, on prongs, basket, gallery, and shank, 3/4 eternity, double claw prongs

I LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock

Here’s a pic of the diamond before it was set and I snuck some photos when my now fiance (fiance!) was outta the house – I felt to guilty to post it before!

sneaky01.JPG

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! What a great proposal and a beautiful ring!!
30.gif
...just want to know one thing...how the heck did he arrange the firemen??
2.gif
2.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS GINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT''S ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS, AND HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And what an awesome proposal!!! You almost had me in tears, which is tough to accomplish! Congrats on your "pre-wife" status!!! Wooo-Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Orange

Rough_Rock
Ginger! Congrats! It''s gorgeous! I''m waiting for my very similar Leon creation.... Can you post a side view picture? And, if you can, a close-up pic of the pave? Sorry to be so demanding, it''s just so pretty! I can''t wait for one of my own!
emsmile.gif

How wide is the shank?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ginger
congrats, beautiful story.
36.gif
36.gif
WOW!!! what a ring,look at all those sparkles.
10.gif
30.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I love magnolias! This is the tree outside my bedroom and when its blooming it smells delicious!

magnolia02.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOLY FREAKING CRAP IT''S GORGEOUS!!!!

Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

How big is the melee (and how wide is the band)? Did I miss it? All I remember are the yummy pictures.
36.gif
36.gif

michela002

Shiny_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! OH MY GOD!

30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif

I love it! There is no such thing as too many pictures!!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
i knew he was going to ask you soon! and OMIGOD ginger, it''s completely stunning. the detail.. the pave... bling! holy crap... it''s definitely one of my all time favorites! i love the profile, the basket... ! just gushing
30.gif
30.gif
it''s completely fabulous. your bf did well! i think those sweet really personal proposals are the absolute best. CONGRATS and may you have a long and happy life together
36.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Eeeeeeek! I''m still so excited! thanks for all the compliments!! I don''t have all the details (like total carat weight) but I think the band is ~1.5-1.8mm. The melee are diferent sizes depending on where they are in the ring -- but I don''t know the range. Sorry! I haven''t communicated with Leon through out the process per my pootiekins request so I don''t have his pics or any of the technical details. I''ll let everyine know when I get them!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME!! That ring is gorgeous!! The pave on the and around the basket is so delicate and well-done. And the proposal....so sweet.

Congratulations!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow ginger that is one amazing ring, i LOVE the side view...definitely makes it unique!!

please do get the leon pictures, i bet those are just stunning what with all the professional photography skills!

congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Oh Ginger!!!!
It''s just amazing!!! I love your proposal story and that ring is to die for, WOW oh WOW!!! Love the setting, and Leon did an incredible job!!! Congratulations to you both!!! ENJOY!!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
I''m just sitting here and reading all the posts and geting all giddy and giggly!! I love PS! I get all confused when ppl in the real world don''t react to diamonds the same way we do on here!

nu

Rough_Rock
Congradulation! The ring is so beautiful and it looks so big on your fingers. Leon did a wonderfull job!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results