shape
carat
color
clarity

NiceIce & Leon Mege 3-stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

neverdone

Rough_Rock
A magical sparkly 3-stone for my [now] fiancée.

/idealbb/files/lmfin.jpg

Center: 0.89 E VS2 AGS0 HCA 0.8 from NiceIce
Sides: 1 CTW pink sapphire (I think unheated) pears
Size 4.25 Pt band with 0.2 CT Pave

/idealbb/files/lmset.jpg

I spend the several days before proposing browsing PriceScope and asking her about settings. She had suspected I might be popping the question soon since we had been talking about it and settings for a while, but that threw her off and she was completely surprised.

NiceIce was fantastic. I can't thank Todd & Robin enough. Aside from helping me select a fantastic stone (I didn't have time to go back and forth) and making the process painless, they helped me figure out I couldn't afford pink diamonds
eek.gif
, offered suggestions and sources for settings, and helped me ship the stone and setting multiple times saving me a ton of money and more importantly letting me make my schedule. My next chunk of carbon will come from them (unless it's an 8-star).

Leon Mege was a late decision for me. I had seen the portfolio and loved some of the pieces, but assumed he was out of my price range. I couldn't find anyone local to make what I wanted and had seen postings to the contrary here on PS so I gave him a call. At a little bit more than Vatche and less than Michael B in price, I think the cost is quite reasonable for the exquisite workmanship. For those that aren't local, it might be worthwhile to go through a jeweler that works with LM like Wink. I don't think the final cost would be that much different (there is trade & retail pricing) and in my case there might have been less miscommunication. Regardless, the end result speaks for itself or at least it would with a clean ring and better lighting.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 10/2/2004 12:14:40 AM neverdone wrote:

A magical (at least she thinks so) 3-stone for my [now] fiancee. The pictures are miserable, but it really does look fabulous in person.
----------------

Yummmmmmy!
Magical & fabulous indeed! The pics are fine too.
2.gif
No where near miserable.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
awesome!
niceice rocks

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
Wow that's beautiful - I LOVE the pink sapphires and the setting style. The diamond looks like a real sparkler too - congrats!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh oh oh
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
, The diamond, the sapphires, the setting
love.gif
love.gif
. I love the low set stones and the way the ring just flows, oh, oh
love.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You're setting is very beautiful and very different. It was also interesting ot hear your opionions on how Mege's work compares to other designers (price-wise). And I, too, love the pink!

reena

Ideal_Rock
OMG, it's beautiful!!! congrats!

i'm so happy to hear that it turned out well, as leon is currently making my own e-ring. i have to ask, though--you suggested that you had some miscommunication problems with leon? i'm a little nervous about this myself as i've had to put a lot of trust in him to make my ring the way i described. care to share your experiece? (or PM me?)

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
It is truly gorgeous. Well done!
1.gif

sparker

Shiny_Rock
Just beautiful. I love sapphires with diamonds, especially pinks. Gorgeous.

Suz

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Love, love, LOVE the pink!!! It is gorgeous! And very clever way of throwing her off the proposal path.
2.gif

Congrats!!!
appl.gif

neverdone

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 10/3/2004 3:31:10 PM reena wrote:

OMG, it's beautiful!!! congrats!

i have to ask, though--you suggested that you had some miscommunication problems with leon? i'm a little nervous about this myself as i've had to put a lot of trust in him to make my ring the way i described.)----------------

Reena,

I'm in CA so everything was done by phone and the project ended up getting done on a very tight timeframe which is never optimal. Given that you're in NY and getting to talk to Leon in person, and most importantly allowing plenty of time for the project to get done, I don't think you have anything to worry about. I also trusted LM quite a bit. For instance, he sourced the side stones for me based on a verbal description and they are gorgeous. I purchased them after seeing a picture he emailed, but ultimately I was trusting his judgement knowing full well that he was doing me a favor sourcing the stones, and once I said OK, I owned them.

The comment about going through a jeweler is similar to appointing a project manager. That way you can provide a vision, and they can sweat the small (and medium) stuff! They can also find the right person to do the project. While LM does superb work, he probably wouldn't be the right choice for every style of setting that comes up on PS, not to mention he might not want to make some of them.

BTW, thanks to everyone here for the kind comments. I learned quite a bit on PS before taking the plunge.

reena

Ideal_Rock
oh, good. glad to hear that it wasn't anything bad with him. (although gosh, why is it taking leon so darn long to finish my ring when everyone else seems to be getting a quick turnaround time!??!
1.gif
2.gif
1.gif
)

your ring is simply gorgeous! i love it. congratulations!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that's very pretty. Nice job by R/T and Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results