shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie wants to play

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
First post here though I have been lurking for over a year and have just decided to join. Last year the husband decided it was time to upgrade my diamond for our 15th anniversary so after much time spent on pricescope and educating myself we found the perfect diamond. It is a 1 carat marquise, E color with 2 fancy light yellow half moon diamond sidestones that weight 0.53 tccw. It was custom made at Shaftel Diamond Co. in Houston.
Enjoy!

P1010139.JPG

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
So then after having the new diamond ring for a month I decided a plain gold band just wouldn''t work for me. So I went back to Shaftel and had them make this beautiful wedding band. It has .51 carats of marquise diamonds bezel set into the band. I hope you can see it in this picture, I have yet to figure out how to take good pictures of jewelry.

P1010119.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is absolutely lovely - and i don''t usually flip for marquis diamonds. But the combination with the half moon sidestones is elegant and perfect!!!! hope you have a hand shot in there
30.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Wow beautiful
30.gif
the half moons look awesome with the marquise... Congrats on 15 years
36.gif

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi Violet (my first pricescope friend). Of course I shall honor your request of a hand shot. Here you go.

P1010163.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks!!!! that is just perfect on your hand - you must stare at it all day
1.gif

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi marquisegirl and welcome.
35.gif
....very nice ring. I am also a marquise girl myself and love the yellow diamond 1/2 moons. very pretty......thanks for sharing!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL! Welcome and thanks for sharing.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh wow, that is so pretty! I had a marquise diamond YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ago (in the 90s) and never liked it (granted it had a giant black blob inside it). Your marquise is really beautiful. Love that half-moon combo!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Those half moons are a really nice touch! They pair well with the marquise!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

Congrats on your anniversary and beautiful new rings.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy anniversary!!
30.gif
the buttery yellow half-moons..

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the side stones with the marquise!

lweber

Shiny_Rock
I have always been partial to marquis. I especially like what you did with the band. I have never seen marquis stones set into a band like that, but really like it. Was this your idea or have I just not seen it before?

MarquiseGirl

Rough_Rock
Hi lweber, I actually saw a picture of a band like that on a website from the UK. I really liked the idea of marquise bezel set into the band as well. I have such a weakness for the marquise, so I printed a picture of it and took it to my jeweler and he did it for me. I just wish I could photograph it better.

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
I love your set!!! I seriously considered a marquise, just couldn''t find the right one. You did a great job.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
that''s beautiful.
I am so happy to see more beautiful marquise rings on P''scope. For a long time there weren''t many. This is really lovely with the colored sidestones. I also prefer them set n-s like this as to me one of the reasons a marquise is so great is that they elongate the fingers (besides being graceful stones--and always large for the carat weight)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s lovely! And I like your wedding band too - how fun!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Oh my!!! It''s gorgeous!!! It looks lovely on your finger!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Way to go! That marquise is gorgeous!

Plus, I Looove seeing fancy shapes on here. Let''s see more pics!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
TOTALLY beautiful! I love the yellow 1/2 moons... Just a perfect match with the Marquis!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results