shape
carat
color
clarity

New Toy: Irradiated Blue Diamond!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been itching for an irradiated blue diamond for a looong time now. For some reason, that teal blue just sings to me. I tried to look for a gemstone, but the london blue topaz tends to be a bit darker, while the blue topazes are too light.

... then I came across this pretty little thing on eBay for a really good price!

The seller had it listed as an I1, but the only inclusion I could find with a loupe was a small crystal inside, on the bottom edge, and it''s not visible at all due to the color. It''s currently yellow gold with white gold prongs, but i''m going to have it resized and rhodium dipped.

The center is about 0.45 ct, measures 7.5mm x 4mm. Sidestones are about 4.5mm x 2mm, I/VS2-SI1.

Now, i''m not encouraging people to go on ebay to look for diamonds, so please don''t misunderstand me. I just wanted to share my find!

irradiated blue 1.JPG

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
It''s a lot brighter and sparklier in person. for some odd reason it turns out really dark on camera!

irradiated blue 2.JPG

conitta

Shiny_Rock
And what a very nice find you have.It''s very pretty and congratulations.I also love the blue diamonds and I have several pieces, a pendant, 2 pr stud earrings(plan on having them set in lever backs w/dwhite diamonds around) and a ring.

30.gif
Don''t we just love sparkly things!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty--and a great find!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have good ebay luck that is for sure! It is a lovely ring. Love the setting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and unique. Love the color on that stone, congrats!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys!
my family thinks i''m nuts for collecting rocks, so it''s so good to know there are others out there who appreciate sparklies. :D

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring and the color of the blue diamond is incredible!!!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 9:20:13 PM
Author: ForteKitty
Thank you guys!
my family thinks i''m nuts for collecting rocks, so it''s so good to know there are others out there who appreciate sparklies. :D
Wait a minute, didn''t you just say in another thread that your mom and grandma have given you diamond rings as presents?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Yeah they did, but that was eons ago, and they didn''t expect me to buy so much more!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s so pretty!! I love the deep blue color!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
beautiful blue FK

you have so many lovely rings

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Thats an amazing ring!!! How much did you pay for that??? I dont'' even know how much one of those would cost....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Irradiated blue diamonds are much cheaper than non-treated diamonds. I paid around $250.
1.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
I saw an irradiated diamond ring at at Mom & Pop store a few years back. It is the only one I have ever seen in retai. It was rather pricey, not at all cheap.Can''t remember the style or size...It was round maybe around a carat or a little less.That is the ONLY one I have ever seen in retail....

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have ya ever fantasized about trading the whole lot in for a BIG MAMA?
31.gif

p.s. - I guess I personally don''t like a lot of rings - or - variety. I kinda just want one. (However, I''d better get used to two pretty soon - as the old wedding band is a comin''.)
6.gif

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 12:03:24 PM
Author: decodelighted
31.gif

p.s. - I guess I personally don''t like a lot of rings - or - variety. I kinda just want one. (However, I''d better get used to two pretty soon - as the old wedding band is a comin''.)
6.gif
Wish I could do with 1 or 2. I see so much I want and get tired of what I have.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2006 12:03:24 PM
Author: decodelighted
31.gif

6.gif

Nah, I like variety. I''d get so bored of just one ring!!
11.gif
Besides, I do have pretty small fingers (13mm across), so most of what I have is pretty much perfect in terms of size. I like having between 30-50% finger coverage for the center diamond, depending on the type of sidestones. And I also have days when I prefer one shape over another. What would i do if i only had one shape?!?
39.gif

It''d be nice to have a bigger pear, but that''s about it. Hahaaa... time for a new project!!
11.gif
11.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/16/2006 8:26:22 PM
Author: ForteKitty
the sidestones are SO sparkly..
I think your ring is beautiful. I love the color blue. The marquise cut is a plus. The price seems quite resonable. Are you thinking of getting it appraised?? I think Ebay is great, I have many rings from Ebay and paid good price then got it appraised and found they are worth alot more... so keep shopping and have fun. I do...LOL
35.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Eh, I don''t really see the point of getting it appraised. It''s just inflated value anyway, and I don''t plan on insuring it since it was so cheap. I did go to a jeweler to get it tested and make sure it was a real diamond, but that''s probably all. it''s a fun ring!

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
ooooh I was tempted by an irradiated blue diamond for my ering... so I have soft spot for them... what a gorgeous one!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great find. I LOVE the color.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results