shape
carat
color
clarity

New to PS with 2 gorgeous OEC rings from JbG and CvB!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
hi everyone!!! i am new to posting on PS although i am a long term lurker!!! first of all, i want to say thank you to everyone for all your informative posts and all the gorgeous pictures!!! when my fiancé and i were looking at engagement rings, we were both overwhelmed to say the least...we are both analysts in our careers so we think a lot about things lol!

i always thought i wanted a halo...i even contacted victor canera about his beautiful settings...he was so kind and nice to work with...i had a 2.04 carat GIA I-color, triple XXX picked out from a local diamond wholesaler (referred to me by someone who has worked with him, otherwise i would never have gotten in the door lol) but it did not "speak to me"...as lovely as it was and as gorgeous as i imagined it would look in a VC emilay setting, my heart was just not 100% there

i obsessively searched the internet and this forum and i realized antique/old cuts held my heart :love: i searched so many recommended sellers on here and found the PERFECT ring!!! it came from jewels by grace and it was total love at first sight!!! it is an edwardian 1.94 carat, GIA I, VS2 setting and when my fiancé and i both saw it, we knew it was THE ONE :angel: i never would have found it if not for this forum so thank you!!! here are some amateur pics but please see the jbg site for her awesome pictures!!! grace was so wonderful to work with, so responsive and sweet!!! we contacted her on a friday and had the ring the next day!!!! i cannot recommend grace enough!!!

_3242.jpeg

_3244.jpeg

_3245.jpeg

_3243.jpeg

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
so, the second ring is SO special to me...my parents passed away in 2015, 8 days apart and completely unrelated illmesses...it was a terrible year for my family especially for me and my brother and sister...i wanted to create a ring to honor them and reached out to caysie at CvB and omg, i love her so much!!! i gave her ideas of what i wanted (i still wanted a halo lol) and why and asked her to create something...it was a process that was unbelievably fun and rewarding and i feel so blessed to have worked with her to create the "clara" halo :love: i saw her designs on here and etsy and knew she would create something perfect which she did...i feel so blessed to have this wonderful and gorgeous tribute to my parents..the ring has surprise stones in the shank that are my parents' birthstones...and i feel like i gained a really good friend in the process! i love caysie and think she is the absolute best person there is :angel: i asked her if i could use her and erica's (loveaffairdiamonds) pictures and she said she would honored! the stone is a 2.04 carat L/M color and i wanted a setting that would bring out the warm color of the stone...i hope you enjoy the picture overload!!!

_3248.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry about your parents! Lovely ring to remember them by. Both beautiful rings!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Both your rings are beautiful. I have been bitten by the Old Cut bug as well....still shopping though.

Do you alternate and wear each by itself, or is one of these a "e-ring" the other a Right-hand ring?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! The first time I saw your glorious halo on Caysie's Instagram I literally gasped! Now to hear the sentiments behind this incredible creation, I'm completely wowed! Enjoy both of your stunning rings! BEAUTIFUL :love: :love: :love:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your losses. How horrific that must have been for you. Your rings are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the welcome and the lovely comments!! :)

the engagement ring from grace is sized to a 4.25 and the clara is a 5 to wear as a RHR...i do sometimes cheat and wear clara as my engagement ring but not too often bc i do not think my fiancé would appreciate that lol :wink2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My absolute heartfelt condolences! I've been there, same happened to me with my folks. I take comfort in knowing they are together and hope you will too!
Your rings are positively stunning on you and I hope you find comfort in wearing your special m&d piece in much peace. <3

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Both rings are gorgeous (I have been admiring that CvB halo, it is spectacular). Thanks for sharing your rings and the sentiments behind them. Oh, and congratulations on the engagement!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful rings! Great sentiment with each ring - very heartwarming. Enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry about your parents. What a wonderful way to honor them. Both of your rings are gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow, TWO gorgeous rings!!! :love: I like your thinking...get one with and one without a halo and avoid all the indecision about halo versus no halo! Grace does have beautiful things and I am so glad you found a ring you love! I'd love to see more close up pictures of that one! I also saw your beautiful "Clara" online somewhere and thought it was SO gorgeous! I will agree with you that Caysie is very gifted and I love working with her! That is a beautiful heirloom in memory of your parents.

I am terribly sorry about the loss your parents. :(( {{{hugs}}}

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those two rings are just stunning. That halo!! :love: :love:

I am so sorry for the loss of your parents - how heartbreaking for you. I hope your sparkles give you reason to smile when you are feeling low. Big hugs.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
Both are very beautiful rings I hope each time you glance at them they bring you happy memories of those you so sadly lost.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, the both of them. :love: :love: :love:
I am so sorry about the loss of your parents and what a dear and meaningful way to honor their memory. (((Hugs))).

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both really gorgeous rings! I would have a hard time trying to decide which one to wear!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two gorgeous rings, and a beautiful way to remember your parents.

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
thank you everyone!!! grace, erica and caysie were all great to work with!!! i should have also mentioned i purchased the OEC stone set in the clara setting from erica and caysie as well! :)

i love warmer old cut stones! would love an M, N, O, P or lower in the future for possible a custom pendant!

it is so nice to wear clara and be reminded of my parents every time i look at it :angel: :angel: i miss them so much every single day

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow they are both so beautiful. I am so sorry for your loss, but so happy you have a lovely sparkly to remind you of your parents.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss. What a special way to remember your parents. I loved your ring when I saw it on CVBs Instagram, and love it even more now! It's always lovely to see the pieces in real life and get to hear the stories behind them.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings!! Wishing you many years of health and happiness while wearing these beautiful rings!

I'm so sorry to hear about your parents. I saw your Caysie ring on Instagram earlier, and thought, wow, that's a gorgeous ring, but now knowing the story behind it, it is even more special and meaningful. Thank you for sharing your story, and WELCOME to PS!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for the loss of your parents. Your rings are both beautiful and I especially love your halo setting!!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful! :love:

I'm sorry for your loss.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They both look beautiful on you! It's so special to hear about the meaning behind your Clara halo. Wear them both in great health and happiness! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two gorgeous rings! So sorry to hear about the loss of your parents. This is such a beautiful and meaningful way to honor them.
Enjoy wearing your special and stunning rings :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results