shape
carat
color
clarity

New to PS--Wedding band question

sarahr1129

Rough_Rock
Hello!

This is my first post on Pricescope and wanted some opinions on wedding bands to go with my engagement ring. I'm not sure where to post this, so if it would be better somewhere else please let me know!

Here's my white gold sapphire engagement ring:
ring2_9.jpg

And again: ring1_6.jpg

I am trying to decide if I should go with the matching wedding band, a plain band, or something else.

Here's the matching band: ringmatchingband.jpg

AND

ringmatchingband2.jpg

Here I am with a plain band:

ringplainband.jpg

Thoughts? Advice? I would also love some opinions on what else might go with the ring. Anything would be helpful!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE your ring with the matching band - looks particularly pretty that way!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I vote plain band so you can wear it all the time! The matching band looks kind of delicate, so you might have to take it off for gardening, cooking, workouts, etc.

Oh, and I love the color of your sapphire!

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
Absolutely WOOW!! :love: :love: I have to ask, where did you get your wedding band? It reminds me of one I will never forget, an antique Tiffany and Co that Lang Antiques carried for all of about 4 minutes.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
Shushinator|1364833431|3417949 said:
Absolutely WOOW!! :love: :love: I have to ask, where did you get your wedding band? It reminds me of one I will never forget, an antique Tiffany and Co that Lang Antiques carried for all of about 4 minutes.

PS. I meant to ask who made your setting, but had the wedding band question on the brain.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Personally I really like them both but I think the plain one works a bit more for my taste as I'm not a fan of the matchy matchy style.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIIIII SARAH!

ATTN PS: this is one of my IN REAL LIFE friends. Her ring is totally gorgeous. I mean, not that I don't have a well-known bias for sapphires or anything.

Some more pics of her ring since we can never have enough:

img_4139.jpg

img_4137.jpg

img_4132.jpg

img_3964.jpg

img_3419.jpg
(Ugh not the best pic ever but it shows the little princesses pretty well... I took this one so blame the horribleness of the pic on me.)

p.s. I also posted a link to this in the colored stones forum since some of us don't really venture into the other parts of PS too often unless linked there. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/friends-sapphire-ring-question.187598/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/friends-sapphire-ring-question.187598/[/URL]

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really lovely! I Personally like the second, I'm not a real matchy match girl. But both are beautiful, you can't go wrong..

stci

Ideal_Rock
The matcht band is gorgeous! Go for it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous gorgeous ring! Lovely sapphire & I really like the kite-set princesses, creative & unique. Have you thought about a band like the matching one but with some sapphires in addition to diamonds, like maybe alternating or sapphires separated by 2 diamonds? It would not be quite so matchy then but still in the same style. The plain band is kind of jarring to me -- its texture is too different from the e-ring.

Anyway, it's just beautiful -- quite a first post!

--- Laurie

loralea

Rough_Rock
I love, love, LOVE the look of the matching band! If you want a ring that can be worn for cleaning, gardening etc (like the PP said) perhaps a very small white gold band.

Seriously - the set you have that matches is absolutely decadent!!

...and welcome to PS!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay now for my advice...

Between the matching band and the plain+milgrain band, I like the milgrain band more. And I know it'll look so much better when it's actually the right size, haha. Though if doing a milgrain band, I'd get one that is comfort-fit so it will be taller and more the same height as the e-ring. Like this: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106307.html

There are also milgrain bands that are flat on top rather than rounded and imo that would probably look better with your ring.

I also think a plain pipe-cut could be a good option. Of the bands I have and have tried on, my totally plain band is actually my favorite. I like that it doesn't compete with my e-ring and lets that ring be the star while still looking pretty darn married. And I don't know the budget but potentially you could get this in addition to a diamond band, or you could easily get it like on an anniversary or something to wear when you just want a plain band.
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product106287.html (this is the one I facebooked to you)

(All these plain ones I know for a fact that Sergio can order for you, as they are basic Stuller designs. If you just show them the pic and tell them it's a Stuller ring, they can get the catalogue and find them for you.)

I really think a half eternity channel-set princess diamond band could be pretty sweet.
Like so: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/product_p/f3194s.htm except not full eternity.

I still think Tiffany's is a good idea to go try on - you can take pics of what you like there and then Sergio can order one in similar if that's what you want. They are the only store I know that stocks a million gazillion wedding bands to try on.

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I prefer the plain band, but that's also because I'm a "non-matchy" person. I also like the idea JewelFreak mentioned about a sapphire/diamond band.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm "into" this idea of alternating sapphires and diamonds in the matching wedding band!!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1364864170|3418275 said:
I'm "into" this idea of alternating sapphires and diamonds in the matching wedding band!!!!!
It makes me sad because I cannot find it anymore, but I thought Whiteflash used to do a bezel band, but instead of rounds, used kite set little princesses. That would be too cute if you could find it with alternating sapphires and diamonds.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1364867452|3418301 said:
It makes me sad because I cannot find it anymore, but I thought Whiteflash used to do a bezel band, but instead of rounds, used kite set little princesses. That would be too cute if you could find it with alternating sapphires and diamonds.

This one? http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/krysty-diamond-and-sapphire-right-hand-ring-1453.htm

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would do a different plain band with milgrain, I am not a big fan of either that you have shown.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1364877041|3418376 said:
Niel|1364867452|3418301 said:

This one? http://www.whiteflash.com/right-hand-rings/krysty-diamond-and-sapphire-right-hand-ring-1453.htm
There it is. I don't know why thru snuck that into RHR when the all round bezel band is in wedding bands. Oh well. I think that might look pretty cool with it. Maybe they could millgrain it.

Shushinator

Rough_Rock
distracts|1364843768|3418041 said:
HIIIII SARAH!

ATTN PS: this is one of my IN REAL LIFE friends. Her ring is totally gorgeous. I mean, not that I don't have a well-known bias for sapphires or anything.

Some more pics of her ring since we can never have enough:

img_4139.jpg

img_4137.jpg

img_4132.jpg

img_3964.jpg

img_3419.jpg
(Ugh not the best pic ever but it shows the little princesses pretty well... I took this one so blame the horribleness of the pic on me.)

p.s. I also posted a link to this in the colored stones forum since some of us don't really venture into the other parts of PS too often unless linked there. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/friends-sapphire-ring-question.187598/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/friends-sapphire-ring-question.187598/[/URL]

I never leave colored. It was just an accident that i found it. wow. yes. those pics just make me love it more. so classy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the matching band.

Have you been able to try on a knife edge with milgrain? I wonder how that would look? Might be pretty as well.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1364901135|3418455 said:
There it is. I don't know why thru snuck that into RHR when the all round bezel band is in wedding bands. Oh well. I think that might look pretty cool with it. Maybe they could millgrain it.

Because WF's RHR category is crazy and makes no sense? SO many times I can't find things I swore they carried only to find them in RHRs, which is apparently where they hide all the rings I like. So now I just look there first, lol.

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the matching band! Beautiful ring! Very unique and elegant!
~Justin

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sarah hasn't been able to log onto her account for some reason but texted me these pics today and said I could post them... it looks like the skinny diamond band is the current frontrunner. Thoughts? IMO the skinnier band looks nicer next to the ring than the wider ones... more subtle and elegant, and really lets the sapphire pop. Sarah's style is kind of, idk, casual elegant? Like she always looks really nice but never overdone, which is why I feel the matching band is a little over the top for her style. But I think this look kind of embodies it.

img_3172.jpg

img_3176.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, the thin diamond band looks great and gets my vote! I think it's the best look so far - adds a nice touch of sparkle and the sapphire really stands out.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I like it!!! Something about mixing styles of e ring/wedding band appeals to me more than matchy matchy. Matching bands are easy and in some cases are really the only option in terms of finding something that looks good together , but when you can combine two completely different rings and make them look so good together it adds a bit more style and elevates the look, IMHO.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results