shape
carat
color
clarity

New to me antique E-ring upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikidust

Rough_Rock
I''m brand new here and have been admiring all the dazzling jewelry that you all are so blessed with. I recently upgraded to an antique platinum engagement ring (haven''t found a wedding band yet). We''ve been married almost 5 years and I was ready for a more classic look than I had in my old rings. I have to admit that I have a bit of diamond envy after looking around here, but I still love my "new" ring. Here are some pics. I haven''t had it appraised yet, but I do know the center stone is .84 carats, and the TW is .96 carats. The ring came to me with initials and a wedding date from 1934 engraved inside, but that, I''m told, will be lost because it is being sized as we speak. It''s a very dainty band, more so than it looks in the pictures because it is a size 3.75 when this was taken (not my hand...I''m having it sized to a 5.25) Anyway here are some pics:
nik100.JPG

nik102.JPG
nik103.JPG

nik104.JPG

Any ideas what kind of wedding band I could put with it? the setting sticks out a bit under the stone so a regular ring wouldn''t sit flush with it. I''m thinking about one of those teeny tiny micro pave stack rings, but they''re so pricy for the amount of dimond and platinum in them.
7.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I hate that the engraving will be lost though.
7.gif
May you add a rich history of your own to this lovely piece.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, didn''t read on past the pics.
20.gif
There are some pics on PS of curved bands that would fit nicely around your ring. I don''t know of the sites off hand but I''ll do a search.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gosh, that is so beautiful, and I think it looks beautiful on your hand!!! Congrats...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif
That is one gorgeous ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, it''s beautiful..congrats.

nikidust

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 9:45:24 PM
Author: diamondfan
My gosh, that is so beautiful, and I think it looks beautiful on your hand!!! Congrats...

That''s actually not my hand, these are the seller''s pictures. I wish I had hands that tiny! My ring size used to be a 4.75 but I had 2 babies in rapid succession and quit smoking and got a little "fluffy" lol. I''m losing weight now, but I decided to size to a 5.25 this time since my hands swell over night and various other random times. I''ve been looking though the eye candy post and I think I might go ahead and get a straight band that won''t sit flat against the e ring. I''m going to need to measure the band when I get it back though because I like to shop online and I don''t want the wedding band to be wider or thicker than the e ring. Here''s the kind of thing I really like:
http://www.faycullen.com/wedding_bands/800/b414r1d.html
and the one at the bottom of this page:

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=23

And I really love this one but it''s up there in price. If anyone knows where I can find a ring like this for cheaper in platinum please please let me know!
http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=536&cat_id=11

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Check out www.thefacetscollection.com They have nice thin shared prong eternity bands in 18K WG and platinum. Worth a look at least. I have bought from them and the quality is exceptional.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think your engagement ring is gorgeous! If I were you I would look for a wedding band in antique shops or estate shows.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow. I bet your ring is inducing its fair share of ENVY in some gals here. It''s LOVELY & classic & romantic yet CLEAN ... a hard combo to get in a new ring, much less to find in a real vintage piece! CONGRATS. I''m sure you''ll find something equally lovely to pair with it ...

There was a thread on here today or yesterday about a "stacking band" place -- with mix & match bands ... they were pretty reasonably priced ... maybe someone else remembers that thread?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my!!! It''s just beautiful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!

I''m a HUGE fan of antique jewelry, and antique cut diamonds. Yours looks really nice....Old Mine Cut maybe? Too too yummy.
18.gif

I agree with Matadora...I''d start scouring antique shops, estate shows, online, etc etc for a different, but complimentary antique band.

Congratulations!
widget

nikidust

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/3/2006 11:15:55 PM
Author: widget
Oh, my!!! It''s just beautiful. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!

I''m a HUGE fan of antique jewelry, and antique cut diamonds. Yours looks really nice....Old Mine Cut maybe? Too too yummy.
18.gif

I agree with Matadora...I''d start scouring antique shops, estate shows, online, etc etc for a different, but complimentary antique band.

Congratulations!

widget

Thanks to you all for the comments and suggetions! The cut is actually old european, not mine cut. I can''t wait to get it on my finger finally! I had it for a week before I could take it in for sizing and the jeweler is keeping it for another week so I''ll get it back on saturday. When I got it, it fit my pinky and it just didn''t look as lovely there, lol. So excited!
41.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~It''s stunning...and the setting is lovely!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! I am a pretty matchy match girl so I would go with a round/baguette diamond band. SOmething like this from Bluenile perhaps? The also come in chennel set or eternity bands etc.

roundbagsharedbar.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niki, than I am sure it will look even better on yours!!

nikidust

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 5:53:07 AM
Author: blodthecat
I love it....you could virtually any wband with that ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Yeah I did a couple of key word searches and looked at a variety of other people''s sets (flush and non-flush) and I decided that since it is antique band (1930s) it would look great with a non-flush band. Either an micro-pave eternity or half-eternity. If I could only find what I am seeing in my mind at the right price!

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very, very beautiful! love it! please let us know what band you purchase, and of course, more pics please!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I like the one from faycullen. It''s similar to the one from estatediamondjewelry but not as expensive.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Just fabulous. Dreamy.....
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your ring is lovely

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results