shape
carat
color
clarity

New setting, but not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I started this thread yesterday in Rocky Talk, and I really want everyone''s opinion on my ring. What I originally wanted was a pave split shank with a halo for my diamond. Found a setting from Adwar (attached) that I loved, but my jeweler said the metal on the split shank was too thin to set diamonds in. He used the halo and basket from Adwar, and combined it with my original bezel set eternity rings. What do you think? I personally feel like it''s got a little too much going on, what with bezel set diamonds AND pave AND prong set. Honestly, what do you think? The center stone is 2.02, the bezel set stones are 3 pointers and the pave are 1/2 pointers. Hopefully I''ve got my original set attached along with the new set.

adwarlora.jpg

Lora

Shiny_Rock
original set

jean 3.jpg

Lora

Shiny_Rock
new setting

lora20.JPG

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I have to sat that I loved your original setting but it is up to you to decide what you ultimately like. Good luck!
2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''d like to see it on the hand before making a decision. I like the new setting. Perhaps with it on the hand it would destract from the busyness of it.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
another view

lora21.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I personally don''t like the combo of the two styles. But i''m not the one wearing it
9.gif
. The halo/stone doesn''t really look right from the side view, at least in the pictures, it looks like they were pieces put together rather than one flowing piece..

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loved your original set ... I love the bezel set bands ... love your centerstone. ... but I agree with you that the total look on the new ring might be more going on than I''d prefer.

I happen to think that just changing out the bezel halo to a plain polished Etienne Perret style of bezel and sinking the stone into it (girdle level) would be FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS. A more modern, clean take on the pave/halo craze now and gorgeously recycling the parts of your current set you love.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
That''s exactly how I feel, it looks like several rings pasted together. As far as a hand shot, I can''t, it''s back at the jewelers waiting for me to decide to redo it or get it sized. Just that little slanting of the bands made it too small to take on and off comfortably.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 1:44:45 PM
Author: decodelighted

I happen to think that just changing out the bezel halo to a plain polished Etienne Perret style of bezel and sinking the stone into it (girdle level) would be FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS. A more modern, clean take on the pave/halo craze now and gorgeously recycling the parts of your current set you love.

ooo deco, I agree. If you're wanting to use your current set a plain style bezel would look divine..

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmmm, I personally don't love it. I just don't think the bezel bands work with the halo. If your jeweler thought the Adwar casting was too thin on the bands, I'm sure he/she can find a different company with a satisfactory casting. Try looking at www.leoingwer.com.

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
Too much "stuff" going on with the new one IMO. I agree with the others; simplifying the halo would unify the ring a bit more. What about having the halo redone in the bezel style of the bands, but with smaller diamonds so as not to overwhelm the center stone?

Lora

Shiny_Rock
last view

loraloralo.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked your set before. This just doesn''t look right to me, sorry.
2.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2006 1:46:22 PM
Author: Lora
That''s exactly how I feel, it looks like several rings pasted together.
That, and the diamond appears to be set crooked (with two prongs - to the right in the profile picture - higher than the other two). It looks like the jeweler made a heroic effort to save the day on the Adwar setting, but... it may have been too much of a good thing.
38.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lora,

Sorry to say it but I really liked your original set, it was stunning. The new ring just looks like there''s a bit too much going on all at once. Probably not what you want to hear, but just being honest. I''m at work right now, otherwise I''d love to tinker around with some ideas for your diamond. I''ll check back in later.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
It might just be me but it looks like in the picture looking down on the ring, it looks like the center halo stone is set crooked on the shank.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree Lora - I loved your original set exactly the way it was. I''m not the hugest bezel fan but I adored the bezel set stones in your band and then the whopper prong set center stone. I''m not digging the new design, esp. after I saw he turned both bands into one ring.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Ana, the prongs are even, that''s just my picture taking skills that are crooked. You do such a wonderful job putting ideas together for everyone, can you help me picture what decodelighted is trying to tell me? Thanks!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I don''t mind the new setting. It''s kinda cool
41.gif

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
I love those bezel set bands! I don''t know if I can describe it well, but the bezel bands are modern and flowing, and coupled with the halo, which looks dainty and...not antiquey, but just not modern, it doesn''t seem to all go together. I think a more modern, strong, non-blingy setting around the main stone would let those bezel bands pop, and would make the piece flow.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Looking straight down, with the halo, it is really breathtaking. I think I''m going to talk to him and see about changing out the bezel bands. At this point, I think it would look great on a thin band with no diamonds at all.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Lora, honestly - it just looks like too much going on..... I like your orginal setting much more.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
I like the idea it seems to have, but the basket, to me, sits too high and the bezel style clashes a bit with the pave. Looking under the basket, it seems there''s plenty of room for the diamond without all that extra height. Then if there were two pave bands attached to the bottom of the halo instead of to the bottom of the basket, it would have a more unified design. I love the split shank with the halo and diamond, though. I think you can still save it and end up with something really drop dead gorgeous. Do you think your jeweler will do it without charging an arm and a leg?

Rebemdee

Shiny_Rock
Hee hee! I picked the bezel bands as the part I liked best and you picked the halo! I think it''s great that you are willing to change the ring to get exactly what you want, and agree the halo with a plain band would be gorgeous. Be sure to share photos when it''s done!

Lora

Shiny_Rock
I really appreciate everyon''s input. My first reaction was "wow", there is way too much going on here! So I won''t take offense to anyone''s comments. It''s different, but not in a way that I''m comfortable with. Too many styles on one ring!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a small pix but it''s the Perret halo I was talking about

halo2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another plain halo bezel ... this one from Pearlmans jewelry ... just for inspiration ...

Would imagine a head/halo etc like this (no bars) on your existing bezel set bands??

home_glow.jpg

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Throw some ideas at me ladies. I am open for suggestions! And I don''t think he''ll charge me too god awful much. I''ve known this Jeweler for 30 years, and I''m sure he would want me to be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results