shape
carat
color
clarity

New ring to share!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The one in my current avatar, right? I still have it! It was starting to warp for a while because the 3-sided pave wasn''t made too well, but my jeweler tweaked it back and it stopped warping. I usually wear that one when i don''t have to do much work, otherwise it starts to bother me because it keeps knocking into stuff.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do have good ebay luck! Wow! Your new rings are very nice.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOW, another one!!! You are as bad as me :) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LOVE IT !!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ForteKitty, it''s gorgeous, and what a steal! Also LOVE your nails! That color is just beautiful.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys SOOO much!!

I really love this ring, but i think it''s partly because of the nail polish. I love this brand, and it''s only $1.99. Way easy to apply, and the color looks great. I have on another color right now, and it looks great too! Can''t ask any more than that!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
FK, I''m so envious of your ebay finds! This ring is beautiful! What a great find!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow fk so your jeweler confirmed it's a diamond? that is an awesome deal. in that picture of the 2 rings it seems like the F's fluor is showing up.

i don't understand why anyone would actually sell a .77 F diamond for $460 on ebay, i'd just keep it and make it a pendant. i mean what does $460 buy you anyway nowadays (besides a diamond off ebay! haha)...!?!?! well unless the person was in dire straits for cash or it was an engagement that ended badly or something, but even then. selling a diamond like that for what....1/10 of what it's actually worth?!! sacrilege! but good deal for you FK. hehe.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Forte, you are the QUEEN! I can''t believe the beauties you find. It''s very nice and you can''t beat the price.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow great ring for a great price!!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha.... to my friends, I''m known as the "eBay Pirate".
9.gif

But yes, since it was so cheap, the first thing I did was run to my jeweler and get it checked out. He couldn''t believe it either, but he''s used to it by now! This is the 5th or 6th diamond I brought in to him? Most of these rings are from broken engagements and they just wanna get rid of it, but I''m not superstitious so it doesn''t really matter to me.

I agree about the pendant idea. I''m actually going to unmount this stone and reset it with a G colored 0.76 stone I have. That stone was supposed to be set in another ring a while ago, but that project fell thru when the jeweler flaked on me, so I never set it!

Anyhow, this stone looks way too white compared to the rest of the accent diamonds so the color difference bothers me. Probably because of the strong fluor. The other stone looks like a much better fit, and it''s just slightly better cut. Then this one will go into a pendant. Gosh, i''m getting a headache just thinking about all the switches.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ebay Pirate! Yes you are doing amazingly well.
9.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
More pictures from today!

outside pair 1.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
flower shot

orchid 1.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Since reading this thread, I have spent a good few hours on ebay....hoping for a steal like yours...but I give up and I am going to go to bed :) No luck today for me! CONGRATS on your STEAL/FIND!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
UCLABelle~ Shhhh... none of my friends know this (otherwise they''d never let me live it down), but when i get into one of my phases, i usually spend about 5 hours per day searching for rings on eBay.. on top of my 10 hour work schedule! Luckily it only happens once every few months.
3.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You guys can probably see how incredibly white the RB is. That princess is a GIA graded F!

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Very very nice finds, when will you update your collection shot?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
I''ll probably update my hand shot after I get everything resized and reset. The pear and oval both need to be reset, and the .77 needs to be switched out with the .76, then then both these two rings need to be resized. The .77 then needs to be reset into a pendant. So yeah... lots of projects. I''m having a busy month, then it''s Christmas and I know the jewelers are gonna be real busy, so it might be a while.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Fortekitty, you are the Ebay diamond queen! I don''t know how you do it! I can wait to see the finish products!
36.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!
5.gif

I cannot wait till this saturday... i took my rings in for the sizing and switches and pendant mounts, and everything should be ready by saturday! well, not everything. The platinum 4-prong set mount will be with a nicer diamond, the original diamond from that mount will be in a pendant, and the sapphire 3 stone will be resized, and everything will be polished. The oval and pear still needs work, but i need more time to think about those.

I''m so excited tho! it''s like getting 3 brand new pieces of jewelry because I haven''t been able to wear those rings at all, and i''m getting a new pendant! so excited!!!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
ForteKitty, please tell us what the color of your nail polish is! Where can I get some?

I love it!
30.gif

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring. I too have had wonderful diamond deals on ebay. I think if you buy from a person(not a store on there) and ask questions you can''t go wrong. When you buy a ring for $1400 and get the receipt from the person showing they actually paid over $5,000 from a well known store you just get this shopping high :) I''m hesitant to buy from anywhere else now.

I had been eyeing a ring at the jewelry store(one of the mall ones) that was $400 on sale for $250, one day I was looking on ebay and saw it...bid and got it for $40 odd dollars.
30.gif

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys!! I love ebay, but i cannot stress enough how careful you have to be!

Julian~ the nail polish i used on the first page of this thread is called "Torrid", by Rimmel. I got it at Target for $1.99! It lasts an amazingly long time too. I had two coats of it on for a week with just a single layer of topcoat, and it never chipped. I tried on another color afterwards, also by Rimmel, called "Celebrity Bash". You can see it on the new thread. I''ve had that one on for 2 weeks now? and you can see that it''s growing out, but it hasn''t really chipped either! Awesome deals. Love Target!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results