shape
carat
color
clarity

New projects (diamond/jade/pearl/amethyst rings & pendants)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to share the results of a project. I had an old diamond bracelet and pair of studs that I had received as gifts but never wore due to metal sensitivity. They'd been languishing in a drawer for years until I finally got around to resetting them. I'm getting married in March, so I decided to have them reset into several new pieces that I could give to my mother, future sister-in-law and mother-in-law. :twirl:

Here are the two old pieces:
old_bracelet.jpg oldearring.jpg
(White gold bracelet with 17 small round diamonds, approx 2.5 mm each & white gold round diamond studs, approx 5mm each -- no idea about the ctw since they were a gift)

The diamonds were split up and made into 5 new pieces:

1. a daisy diamond ring with one 5mm diamond and eight 2.5 mm diamonds. 18k yellow gold.
2. a pillbox ring with one 5mm diamond. 14k rose gold.
3. an orchid pendant with a 5mm Brazilian amethyst and one 2.5 mm diamond. 14k rose gold.
4. a Burmese lavender jade pendant 9 carats (jade cab is 13.2mm x 11.8mm) with four 2.5mm diamonds. 14k yellow gold.
5. a cultured pearl and diamond pendant. The pearl is 9x10mm, with four 2.5mm diamonds. 18k yellow gold.

#1 is for me :love: , while #2 & #3 are going to my future sister-in-law, #4 is for my future MIL, and #5 is for my mother. I really liked the idea of sharing the diamonds between the women in my two families! :)

Some pics:

clusterring1.jpg
clusterring2.jpg

pillboxring2_0.jpg
pillboxring1.jpg

ammy1.jpg

jadependant2.jpg

icm_fullxfull_18.jpg

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
Re: New projects (diamond/jade/pearl/amethyst rings & pendan

What a lovely sentiment! I am sure all the ladies will treasure their gift!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a complete transformation for those diamonds! And I love your idea of gifting them :appl:

Artquest

Rough_Rock

Such a great idea! Love the way all of the new pieces turned out:)

maccers

Brilliant_Rock

Those are all fabulous! You did a great job. They will be thrilled!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

VERY pretty! Who remade them?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love your originality and generosity! They are truly lovely - and so stylistically different. It seems that you really put in a lot of effort in tailoring the design of each to fit its recipient. Really well done and a loving gesture.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks! It took a lot of thought to come up with these.. It's so difficult to guess what other people's preferences are.. and with jewelry you really want them to like it and wear the piece. =)

I sent the loose stones to Sally at HoW, who came up with the designs for me based on my suggestions of the recipients' preferences. The amethyst, jade and pearl were sourced by Sally. (I love the lavender jade and was so pleased to have got it.. I live in HK and the price of lavender jade has gone up so much in the past few years due to mainland Chinese demand, it costs an arm and a leg, so I was happy to get such a nice cab at a reasonable price.)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

What a lovely recycling project! I love the sentiment of being able to split the pieces between all these lovely women in your life. The lavender jade is a beautiful piece too, one of my favorite colors!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Everything arrived! I'm amazed at how much nicer all the pieces are in real life. It's so hard to get representative photos, but I gave it a shot.

Here are a few of the best photos: (pearl pendant and amethyst pendant not shown, couldn't get a good shot of these ones)

My daisy / cluster ring with the diamonds that my mom gave me years ago. I doubt that the diamonds are anything amazing in terms of stats but they have sentimental value for me :)
catring.jpg

Family photo! The rose gold pillbox ring is a gift for my future sister-in-law but I had to try it on before I boxed it up ;))
The sapphire is my e-ring. I moved it to my other finger temporarily for this photo to fit the other rings.
family_0.jpg

left.jpg
rhr.jpg

A picture of the lavender jade pendant necklace.. also had to try it on before I boxed it up! It's a gift for my mom :)) The other necklace is a turquoise pendant from Tiffany's.. a nice Valentine's gift from my FI a couple of years ago.
jadeneck.jpg

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock

I cannot express how beautiful I think the jewelry is. Also, how generous of you to gift the important ladies in your life a unique piece. I know they will treasure these very special gifts.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

This is very thoughtful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results