shape
carat
color
clarity

New pictures of my bling

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took some photos of my bling and thought I would share. The OEC is in its new temp mount, I'll try to get some better hand shots etc. tomorrow. I also want to take some real life perspective shots showing the OEC and the Aurora in the same frame! The difference in hand presence is striking!

097.JPG

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got this little AGS0 on ebay. 0.355 I SI1. I was planning on making a tension ring for my husband for our upcoming fifth anniversary, but now I am not sure...

150.JPG

151.JPG

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE that setting!! A modern twist on the fishtail setting, so pretty and different! That's one of the nicest "temp" settings I've ever seen, it suits the stone so well- Gorgeous pics of all your bling, it all looks beautiful! :appl:

eta: Hmm, maybe that's not really a fishtail setting - probably should have said vintage - but hopefully you get what I mean! 8)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a great temp setting!! Lovely! Looking forward to the handshot comparison :)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I agree that your temp setting is very pretty and suitable for the stone, even long term! I love the OEC especially :love: , but it is really great to have a solitaire set and a separate standalone band like the Aurora! Very pretty collection! And great pics, too! I can never get any that good!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, I love the new temp setting! Where did you find it?!

Beautiful pics!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

The solitaire is the one that Poppyseed has on diamond bistro, cost $150, and made by a company called Amcor. I am overall happy with the ring for the price. There was a mess up with the sizing, I ordered a size 7.5 and got a 6.25. They told me to send it back for sizing but I did not want to because it would have taken a month likely for the turnaround and would have cost me money in shipping. So they offered me a $25 credit, which I accepted. Resizing cost more, but they did offer to make it better, so kudoa.

Another mess up is that the head is soldered onto the head a little crooked :nono: I have not told them about it yet. It was only noticed by my jeweler when he was setting and sizing the ring. I'll take photos to show it later. I assume they would take the ring back and fix it because they are responsive, but since my diamond is already set that would mean either shipping my whole ring to them, or unsetting the stone and incurring more cost to myself on a mount that is supposed to be a temp. So I will likely just live with it. My jewler tweaked the ring a little when he resized it to compensate and you cannot tell the head is crooked unless you look at it carefully off the hand -- when worn it is not apparent. So on the whole, while I like the mount, I cannot recommend the company in good consceince. Both errors should have been caught IMO. But it could have been my bad luck. As you can see, the prongs are very pretty and it was made to fit my stone perfectly.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1328065074|3116109 said:
LOVE that setting!! A modern twist on the fishtail setting, so pretty and different! That's one of the nicest "temp" settings I've ever seen, it suits the stone so well- Gorgeous pics of all your bling, it all looks beautiful! :appl:

eta: Hmm, maybe that's not really a fishtail setting - probably should have said vintage - but hopefully you get what I mean! 8)

Thanks June! I think you can call the prongs fishtail, though they don't look like most true antiques. In person they are subtle, lending the outline of the stone a square appearance that I like.

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1328068801|3116149 said:
Yes, I agree that your temp setting is very pretty and suitable for the stone, even long term! I love the OEC especially :love: , but it is really great to have a solitaire set and a separate standalone band like the Aurora! Very pretty collection! And great pics, too! I can never get any that good!

DS I have been wearing my OEC on my right hand and my Aurora and plain wb on my left. I think the two rings balance each other really well! I was not sure if I would like a RHR, not owning any others, or if I would like a solitaire on my right hand, but surprisingly I do. At heart I am a three stone gal, but a three stone doesn't look very good worn at the same time as my Aurora, they look too similar. But a solitaire works really well. I'll post some photos to show the look! And actually, I can still wear the solitaire on my left hand too, it is a little on the loose side but it doesn't fall off or spin too much.

Now I just need to decide if I want to get a better quality solitaire, or just wear and enjoy this one. I suspect at some point I will upgrade, but only if I happen upon a sweet deal on a 7mm OEC :oops: WHo knows when that would happen! OECs over 1ct are not very common on ebay and I can't pay retail ;))

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love your oec, you seem to find the good ones. I actually like the temp setting and think your diamond looks natural in it.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the setting for the OEC, it really suits it! Sooooo.... any handshots? :bigsmile:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a beautiful setting for the gorgeous OEC. And your other bling is beautiful!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Such a beautiful collection! :love:

Great pictures Dreamer!

Cachette :))

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, beautiful collection! How big is that Oec again? Love it!

Oh and FYI...I sent a note over to lesley on getting a quote on a modified aurora! I can't wait to see your perspective shots!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1328108463|3116340 said:
Dreamer, beautiful collection! How big is that Oec again? Love it!

Oh and FYI...I sent a note over to lesley on getting a quote on a modified aurora! I can't wait to see your perspective shots!

The OEC is 0.97ct, 6.2mm. Its a nice size!

Lizzy I was looking at BGDs blog the other day and noticed they posted a slide show of highlights from the custom work in 2011 and one ring was an Aurora with the type of changes you have been thinking about! check it out! If they already made the CAD then having it made should cost a little less.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I, for one, particularly like the little sprog on the floor in the background. I have PJ's just like that! :bigsmile:

Oh right, diamonds. I wish I had your knowledge/savvy about how to buy OEC's and whatnot on the secondary market. Wish I lived close, maybe we could trade services...need a landscape plan done? :naughty:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer, that ring is lovely (although I can certainly understand your frustrations with the mistakes). It's a .97 and 6.2? Is that a normal spread? Seems like it faces up big?

Are you looking for a loose OEC that 7mm? I always seems to find 7mm stones already in rings....

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely family! :love:

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Begonia|1328123618|3116585 said:
I, for one, particularly like the little sprog on the floor in the background. I have PJ's just like that! :bigsmile:

Oh right, diamonds. I wish I had your knowledge/savvy about how to buy OEC's and whatnot on the secondary market. Wish I lived close, maybe we could trade services...need a landscape plan done? :naughty:

Begonia a grown woman wearing footed pajamas? How very Zooey Deschanel of you ;)) I do need landscaping actually! LOL!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results