shape
carat
color
clarity

New life for my weathered wedding ring - before & after pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I've been married for 10 years and my wedding ring was in desperate need of a visit to the jewelers for a repolish and professional cleaning. I am embarrased to say I was neglectful, but never again will I let her fall into this condition! I couldn't believe the new life that this visit put into my ring! It was like getting married all over again! I solemnly swear to take my ring to my jeweler at least once a year, if not twice, for a bright polish and deep cleaning. Following are my before and after pictures. I just love my shiny brand new looking ring!

before%203-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the after picture

After 3-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my! I meant to post this in the "Show me the Ring" Forum. My apologies. I don''t know how to switch it over. A thousand pardons!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow!
23.gif
That is amazing!

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Wow. That is fantastic!!
36.gif
You must feel like you have a brand new ring.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful and unique ring! They did a fabulous job of bringing it back to life!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for your kind words. Yes, I do feel like I just got a brand new ring! It just feel so bad that I let it go for so long. But never again! I just love my new ring. My husband designed it and I just love that the square princess stone is offset at an angle on my finger rather than just square.

Top View 3-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is on my hand. I was wearing a red sweater and you can see the color reflected in the stone.

On hand 3-2006.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Side view. Please excuse my old wrinkly hands!

Hand Side View 3-2006.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous, unique ring! I''ve never seen anything like that - I really like it! The polish and buff job did wonders - too bad we can''t go in for an overhaul like that!

Thanks for sharing!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks brand new!!! I love the design of your ring. It''s beautiful!!
30.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
It looks great. Like it had ''microdermebrasion'' for rings
9.gif

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful and unique design! I love that you had it repolished and took a before and after, thanks for the pictures!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
These before and after pictures are a very good reminder of how important it is to keep our sparklies looking their best. For most of us these little gems are a big investment and I think we owe it to ourselves and our hubbies to keep them looking their absolute best! My DH is now looking at a custom design for a three stone radiant ring for three radiants he just purchased for me. He didn''t like the generic setting or the poor workmanship of the jewelry so we have asked a designer to come up with a three stone design that complements the look of my wedding ring. I can''t wait to see the finished design (wax next week). Then I''ll have two sparklies one for each of my hands!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! What a difference! It looks just like new. Can''t wait to see the new ring.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the prospect of a custom designed 3 stone ring in the same "flavor" as my wedding ring definitely has my interest piqued. My DH has a a very good sense of design and I''m hoping that he and the ring designer will come up with something really unique. I''ll start a new thread if the pics of the wax come out. If not, I''ll wait until the ring is finished and post then. The whole process will take about 3 to 4 weeks.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
That macro setting on the camera is so unforgiving. I never thought my hands looked wrinkly until I saw them close up in these pictures. I''m in my late 40''s and I was shocked when I saw my hands in these pictures, but I think the same happens to everyone when they use the macro setting on their digital cameras. Besides all is bearable when the diamond ring is the focus of the picture instead of your hands. Thanks for the compliment! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are so right - the macro mode definitely makes your hands age before your eyes! My pictures always look like hands of an eighty year old - they''re just not that bad in real life!

We will be anxiously waiting for pictures of this new ring - can''t wait to see the design!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing the pics. it''s amazing what a nice polish can do. please keep us posted on your 3 stone as it progresses.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
wow, it looks like new!!! its a very beautiful ring!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy
beautiful!! and a very neat design.
36.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
I am in love with your ring. Your hubby did a fabulous job with the design. You have inspired me to polish my gold :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is an amazing transformation! I love the unique design of your ring and the way it looks on your hand. I can''t wait to see what your husband comes up with for those radiants!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results