shape
carat
color
clarity

New Ering from JA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kbesner

Rough_Rock
Just received my princess cut diamond ering from James Allen. The band wasn''t -exactly- what was expecting, but still quite satisfied (the sample pics on their website make the band look larger/deeper at the top..).
So I''m hoping I didn''t go too ''simple'' on the band.
The diamond is a 1.13 Carat F Color VVS2, EX Polish, Very Good Sym.
Band is 3.5mm platinum knife edge.
It is difficult to get good pics without a really good macro lens, but here we go..

ring1m.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
an absolute classic beauty..it's simple elegance is stunning..

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a beautiful ring and the band looks perfect!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your diamond looks like a real sparkler and personally I think the band is really classy and pretty!

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
It''s beautiful and classic. The stone really pops!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Oh no way, I love it! What makes it stand out is the fact that the band is a knife edge. You genreally see princess cuts set in cathedral or settings but not so much with the knife edge. Love it!
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I like the band! It looks great! I don''t think I''d like it to be deeper or larger. Good choice!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely!!!!
30.gif

kbesner

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments.
A couple of questions:

1. On one of the prongs, there is a scuff. Very short and not super easy to notice, but its there. The ring has not been worn or handled or dropped, etc. Wht can I do about this? I am in Canada, and paid $1200 in import taxes, so sending back to JA to have it polished out isn''t so easy......as I would have to pay again when it is sent back to me.

2. They put a .5 point diamond on the inside of the band for me, at the very bottom. If the ring needs to be increased in size by .25 - .5 of a size, is this going to cause a problem? I sized one of her rings at a local jeweler, and he said it was 5.75, so thats what I ordered, but this ering is smaller than the ring I had measured...

Thanks!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s a classic beauty

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love princess cuts!! Very classic setting!!
30.gif

SVTCobraGirl

Rough_Rock
I don't think you should worry about being too plain on the band. I love the look of a basic band accompanied by some sort of channel set wedding band, to me, that is both modern and clean looking (which is exactly the look I'm going for). Your ring is gorgeous! Can we see a picture of it on your hand? Congrats on the blingin' rock!
26.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 11:46:21 AM
Author: kbesner
Thanks for the comments.
A couple of questions:

1. On one of the prongs, there is a scuff. Very short and not super easy to notice, but its there. The ring has not been worn or handled or dropped, etc. Wht can I do about this? I am in Canada, and paid $1200 in import taxes, so sending back to JA to have it polished out isn't so easy......as I would have to pay again when it is sent back to me.

2. They put a .5 point diamond on the inside of the band for me, at the very bottom. If the ring needs to be increased in size by .25 - .5 of a size, is this going to cause a problem? I sized one of her rings at a local jeweler, and he said it was 5.75, so thats what I ordered, but this ering is smaller than the ring I had measured...

Thanks!
Hi Kbesner ~
emrose.gif

First of all ... very pretty classic ring. She will
emlove.gif
it!

As to your questions ... I would call James Allen first thing in the morning and let them know about the scuff mark. See what they have to say, and what your options with them are. And re: sizing ... let them know it's not the size you ordered, and again ... see what they have to say, and what options you have with them. I would think that they will want to make things right with you, so that you are satisfied and happy with the ring, and it is what you ordered. James Allen seems to be a reputable company, let them have a chance to make things as they should.

I do hope you can get your boo-bo's fixed. Please let us know what happens.

Keep smiling, and Best wishes for a wonderful future!
35.gif

kbesner

Rough_Rock
Thanks. I will take the ering o another jeweler in town to have the size measured. Maybe the jeweler who measured her other ring for me made a mistake.....or maybe the difference isn''t as big as I thought, don''t want to accuse JA of making a mistake. Once I fid that out, then I will also call about the scuff, but not sure what can be done..
7.gif

kbesner

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/13/2006 7:03:27 PM
Author: SVTCobraGirl
I don''t think you should worry about being too plain on the band. I love the look of a basic band accompanied by some sort of channel set wedding band, to me, that is both modern and clean looking (which is exactly the look I''m going for). Your ring is gorgeous! Can we see a picture of it on your hand? Congrats on the blingin'' rock!
26.gif
I''ll try to get a pic of it on my pinkie when she''s not around..:)

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Very classic and elegant...great job
36.gif
Let us know how it turns out with your scuff/size issues. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results