shape
carat
color
clarity

New E Ring with Strong Blue Fluorescent Diamond

Frisbeenut

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Newbie poster but wanted to give back and share the results of my lurking for the last few months. Also wanted to post pics because there is so much confusion with regard to diamond fluorescence (it was to me at least) and a relative lack of pictures to look at. While this is a sample size of one it is at least one more data point to add for people to consider when they are making their decisions. (I posted a similar entry in another pricescope forum but it may not have been the right one)

FYI both my fiancé and I love the diamond.

Some quick specs:
GIA Graded Cushion modified brilliant. 1.0 form factor
1.50 ct, H color, VS1 (a few crystals and a small cloud under the table, a few naturals, indented naturals on the edges) no feathers or twinning.
Polish/symmetry Excellent/very good
Table 60%, Depth 69.8%, no culet, medium to thick girdle
Strong Blue fluorescence.

Some notes:
- Extremely bright white looking diamond in diffuse and combination lighting with excellent fire and scintillation IMO.
- If looking directly top down at the table with strong backlighting there looks to be some leakage in the corners of the table but these spots look very bright in strong diffuse lighting. I think this is not uncommon. The diamond shows all sorts of colors in the top down non fluorescent view primarily as it's picking up all the green and yellows of plants etc in my backyard.

- Blue fluorescence only visible under direct sunlight not shaded sunlight and varies with time of day and amount of haze in the atmosphere. The pictures I show are at noon sun under extremely clear skies. This is as blue as it gets (plus it is likely reflecting some of the blue sky directly back to the observer as well). The non fluorescent pictures are when I shade the sun with a paper towel. Amount of blueness clearly depends on viewing angle.

I might be tempted to say that there is some very slight 'haziness' in the last magnified photo but if there is it's completely unnoticeable to the naked eye and I really don't think it's 'haze' at all, just blueish color and one can see quite clearly through one of the lower girdle facets and it looks completely clean to me.

Absolutely love the blue fluorescence in this diamond and makes it all the more unique for my fiancé.

Hope that these pictures help!

top_down_shaded_sunlight.jpg

top_down_sunlight.jpg

angle_2_shaded_sunlight.jpg

angle_2_sunlight.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow look at the play of color in that! I love the timeless elegance of it! Fluor is my favorite and im envious you have one with such strong blue!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I really love the cut on that stone! Gorgeous ring all together.

Frisbeenut

Rough_Rock
Niel|1408575461|3736442 said:
Wow look at the play of color in that! I love the timeless elegance of it! Fluor is my favorite and im envious you have one with such strong blue!

Thanks Niel. I was partial to a solitaire setting and she originally liked halos, but I gradually convinced her that solitaires look great too! I wasn't sure I'd like the amount of blue that it has...in fact i was walking in and out of the house like a madman the first day I had it exposing it to sunlight and then shade (bought a small UV LED too to scope it out). I was looking to see if looked 'hazy' etc. After a day or two I came to love it and was convinced it's a nice clean stone with no overt haziness, at least not like the bad milkiness that is described. She has it now for a couple of days (proposed and accepted last Friday) and so far she really likes the blue that she sees in the sunlight.

Frisbeenut

Rough_Rock
athenaworth|1408576067|3736448 said:
Wow! I really love the cut on that stone! Gorgeous ring all together.

Thanks for the compliment! After reading on these forums I realized that Cut and Carat are the two most important things to look for when shopping for this. For the cushion cuts I knew I needed to see a bunch of them in person, luckily I was able to get one that I liked within the first ten stones I looked at...some decent optical symmetry (not crushed ice or large facets) to go along with a 1.0 form factor which was what I wanted. The strong blue Fluor was the potential negative but it's turned out to be a positive for me.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond and your ring are beautiful.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your is stunning and looks beautiful in all lighting conditions. I love the fluorescence.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats it is a really stunning diamond and ring!!!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
I love it! Beautiful setting and the side view with the blue is breath taking! Congratulations to you both!!! You did very well!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
what a beautiful ring. congrats on the engagement.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful stone!! I have medium blue fluor and I grew to love it more and more.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! Very elegant.

I have a strong blue and love it! They are so cool, imo :love:

Frisbeenut

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1408588708|3736616 said:
Very beautiful stone!! I have medium blue fluor and I grew to love it more and more.

It took me a few days at least but the more I saw it change color and that the clarity was not compromised the more I thought it was a great feature IMO.

Frisbeenut

Rough_Rock
missymoo|1408585719|3736562 said:
I love it! Beautiful setting and the side view with the blue is breath taking! Congratulations to you both!!! You did very well!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fabulous photos for education! Congrats on a gorgeous ring!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Damn, that's a stunner. I simply cannot see myself not going with Fluor ever again. I love it.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Love this ring :love: I'm a fan of cushions, SBF and solitaires so I'm drooling over this beauty!

Fabulous choice, enjoy & congratulations :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results