shape
carat
color
clarity

New colored diamond pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
I picked up my colored diamond pendant today. The specs of the stone are:

1. Top: .55 ct trillion, Fancy yellow green, SI2 (GIA color report)
2. Middle: .26 ct Marquise, Light Pink, I1 (GIA full report)
3. Bottom: 3.12 ct Pear, L-M color, SI2 (No report)

I purchased the fancy yellow green and the light pink at the same time as my 1.08 ct fancy purplish pink diamond. The bottom pear is a reuse and I got the stone last year from my friend in an estate sale. Technically, it is not really a colored diamond, but rather an off white diamond with yellowish tint but it is still pretty and sparkly. It was originally set in a white diamond Halo with a 24 kt enclosed gold basket to accentuate the color but the effect was only so so.
The current 3 stone setting resembles one of the styles that I saw in Cartier but they have all D-E white diamonds (SI1 though) and the asking price was ~9.35 times more than mine. I thought since the pear is off white anyway, why not just make them all have some distinct color. The fancy yellow green diamond was set in a 18 kt gold wire gasket, the light pink in rose gold and the pear in 24 ct. The little bars connecting them are set in white gold. The neck chains are white and rose gold.

MS_coloredia_pendant3..JPG

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Bottom view that shows the different color gold wire basket and connecting bars.

MS_coloredia_pendant2..JPG

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
A photo with the pendant on my neck. It is interesting to take a self photo.

MS_coloredia_pendant1.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool MS! What a big pear and a gorgeous little pink diamond!! Great design!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful and absolutely creative. I totally *love* it. I want to put together something like that myself. Wow - it''s unique and gorgeous.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 7:57:39 PM
Author: Beacon
How beautiful and absolutely creative. I totally *love* it. I want to put together something like that myself. Wow - it''s unique and gorgeous.
Off white diamonds at the L,M,N,O,P have very slight yellow color and they are a bargain. They are very bright and sparkly. A lot of people don''t appreciate the yellowish tint so you can get them big at very reasonable price. As for the little pink or fancy green yellow colored diamond, they are small so not very expensive either. Putting them together will create something unique. I am glad that you like it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous. Very pretty!!!
30.gif
30.gif
Love the chain too.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Hee, hee, I wouldn''t put any of those into the "bargain bin" - way to nice and beautiful, but I know what you mean, good value.

Your necklace is wonderful - I bet you get compliments and remarks everywhere you take it. I am quite inspired; in my diamond hunting forays I will keep my eyes open for stones that would fit into such a combo. It looks like so much fun! I even recently met a jeweler who I think I could trust to put something like that together, once I sorted out the stones.

Thanks for this great post.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very cool! Luv it!

cheers--Sharon

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is really unique-what a cool idea to have put those three stones together. I woud love to have something similar.

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 9:17:58 PM
Author: Beacon
Hee, hee, I wouldn''t put any of those into the ''bargain bin'' - way to nice and beautiful, but I know what you mean, good value.

Your necklace is wonderful - I bet you get compliments and remarks everywhere you take it. I am quite inspired; in my diamond hunting forays I will keep my eyes open for stones that would fit into such a combo. It looks like so much fun! I even recently met a jeweler who I think I could trust to put something like that together, once I sorted out the stones.

Thanks for this great post.

You can try different combos; there are so many colors and so many gemstones besides diamond. White diamonds are nice but somehow not as interesting. It is just my personal preference. I have a couple of white diamonds but they are not my favorite.

Besides the off white diamonds, I think the Champagne/Cognac diamonds are good value too. I saw a 2 ct Brownish diamond with reddish/orange flash at a reasonable price. I thought it would look good as a pendant with a ~ .50 ct pear with intense yellowish orange color. However, before I could place the order for the brownish diamond, it was already snatched away. I haven''t seen another one that I like since then.

I need to work with the jeweler to put it together. When he did it the first time, he used a lot of metal and enclosed all the stones with no spaces between them. We had to draw the design in Autocad to show him and the 2nd time came out great. I am attaching the original drawing of the design for reference.

MS_picture1.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m a sucker for colored stones... especially diamonds!!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow--that is a BEAUTIFUL necklace!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
it''s very beautiful

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I would love to see that one up close, in real life. I bet the colors don''t show nearly as well on the screen as they do in real life. Very, very wonderful.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very creative. It looks great on you.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 7:24:33 PM
Author: maxspinel
A photo with the pendant on my neck. It is interesting to take a self photo.
Congrats maxspinel!!!! Looks beautiful. I would never have thot of putting "3" different shapes of gems together...that is awesome!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

maxspinel

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 9:23:25 PM
Author: wifey2b
Date: 9/20/2006 7:24:33 PM

Congrats maxspinel!!!! Looks beautiful. I would never have thot of putting ''3'' different shapes of gems together...that is awesome!!! Enjoy!!!!!!

The original idea belongs to Cartier. They have a 3 stone pedant/necklace displayed in the South Coast Plaza at Newport Beach. The top stone is 1 ct heart, the 2nd stone is .5 ct cushion cut, the bottom one is 3.77 ct pear shape. All of them are D/E, SI1 diamonds. I love the design and I simply borrow their idea, improvising the shape and the color somewhat to fit my taste.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a stunning necklace! I love all the different shapes you chose. It came out perfect.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This pendant is very beautiful. It will be suitable for fancy evening wear or for more casual wear. It''s really stunning. The colors are gorgeous, the design is impecable, and the stone sizes are perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results