shape
carat
color
clarity

New Art Deco Platinum Line Bracelet

LGK

Ideal_Rock
So awhile ago I sold my 2 ct transitional cut RHR ring, and actually made a decent profit doing it :tongue: . I've been poking around looking for a few things to spend it on- an Art Deco bracelet being one of the things I've wanted for a long time but never quite found the right one. The really ornate ones are gorgeous... but really I already have several ornate filigree/engraved platinum bracelet-like watches that scratch that itch better than most of that type of actual bracelets (that I can afford).

So instead I'd been looking for one of the line/tennis style bracelets with OECs and box style links with engraving and millgrain. Deco, definitely antique, but still classic and not likely to steal the show from my e-ring :wink2:

Finally found one that seems perfect... the seller calls it 3.5cttw, but I think it's more likely 4.5-5cttw based on the measurements and the pics, compared to others. It's platinum, with fairly low set stones and open on the side (I don't like really high profile ones, and I prefer the more open links on the side to the fully boxed in sides). The engraving looks very nice, though since the links are really delicate and open there wasn't much space for a more ornate pattern. I will probably need a link or two removed, it's pretty long for my wrist. (And maybe I could make the extra into small studs, since I want some smaller ones for my father-back pierces.)

I purchased it off ebay and, though the seller quoted a restocking fee, I asked them to waive it and they did. So at least I have a decent free return period.

It's 7.25" (I wear a 6.5-6.75), 40 stones, G/H color & VS1-SI1 clarity. Can't wait to see it in person! These are the seller's pics of it.

Incidentally Dover Jewelry listed a really similar bracelet on their website just recently too that I was considering as well; they call it 4 ct estimated but it's clearly noticeably smaller in visual size and also measurement, with *delicious* engraving for around the same price. (I suspect theirs is less than 4 ct, and this one is a bit more.) So if any PSer needs a similar one they've got it :Up_to_something:

decosquarebracelet1.jpg

decosquarebracelet2.jpg

decosquarebracelet3.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous - nice find!!

Can't wait to see it on you :sun:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's STUNNING!! I love diamond bracelets!! :love: :love: :love:

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
I love this bracelet! My mom has one very similar to it that I want but its not one that she's willing to give up. One of my favorites!

LGK

Ideal_Rock
RedRobbin, Zhuzhu, Yssie, DandiAndi, Decogirl, Tigian, Hest88, bean, shai_611, oddoneout, and oranges thank you :bigsmile: I will for sure post some wrist shots when I get it; I finally have my good-macro camera back, yay! (So no more craptastic phone pics.)

I got all excited when my mailman brought me a reallllly interesting looking smallish express package to sign for today. It was just my passport though, boo.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous bracelet!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
It looks like a stunner! Let us know how you like it when you receive it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely! I love that old world feel it has!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!

I can't wait for it to arrive, how must you feel? :bigsmile:
:wavey:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Itcameitcame! It has it's original velvet box which is neat. The safety catch is ingenious and I hadn't ever seen one like it before- it has two tiny pushbuttons on either side and you have to press both pretty hard to release it. Then it has an itty bitty fold-over catch that fits flush into the bottom of the bracelet over the top of the catch. The result is a virtually invisible clasp that's very secure.

It is quite lovely. Very delicate and the stones are very fiery. I haven't had much time to scrutinize it yet, or loupe it, but they are very white and clean looking. It was definitely dirty when it arrived and looks much nicer after a bath.

It came to my work and just as soon as the UPS guy came and I realized it was my bracelet, I had five customers come up and wait to be rung up. I just about *died* trying to get them the heck out of here as fast as I could but still be slightly polite. Telling them "get the eff out, I need to look at my new jewelry!" probably wouldn't go over too well :naughty: but I was tempted after the fifth guy walked up.

It is huge on me. Not quite falling-off huge, but I can fit all four fingers of my other hand under it easily. I read somewhere you're supposed to only be able to put one finger under a properly fitted bracelet. On a cooler day it might be big enough to slide off actually, now that I think about it... I'm all puffy from a week of 90+ degree heat and my usually super-loose e-ring is tight!

The engraving is absolutely microscopic and fairy-like dainty. :love: I'll post pics later tonight when I am not at work, lol

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Yay for decent camera!

I have a bunch of pics to upload in a bit, but here's a few teasers for now :twirl:

lgkbracelet17.jpg

lgkbracelet15.jpg

lgkbracelet16.jpg

lgkbracelet18.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Also, you can see in these pics what I've been going on about, how my M colored OEC in my ring is much whiter in appearance with the new bezel setting. This is pretty much how it looks in most lights- soft white, no yellow face up.

No flowers so I perched it on a white nectarine with my e-ring. :cheeky:

lgkbracelet9.jpg

lgkbracelet10.jpg

lgkbracelet8.jpg

lgkbracelet7.jpg

shai_lopez611

Rough_Rock
Wow! I just love it! Beautiful :love: OMG and that ring!!!

Do you still feel its too long? Any ideas on what to do with the extra links?

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Thanks shai! :bigsmile: I am really happy with it, the size is a nice one that isn't too OTT and it looks delicate, but it still has large enough stones to be amazing and fiery as anything in the sun.

It is too long; I can't really tell how much too long yet because I'm *super* swollen from the heat right now (it's been in the 90s here and neither work nor home have AC) and my e-ring, which is usually on-the-verge-of-falling-off loose, is actually snug right now. And the bracelet is juuuuusst about long enough as it is to come off without me unclasping it. I will probably wait a bit to decide how much shorter I need it. 6 .25"-6.5" is usually about right for watches and bracelets on me. Dunno what I'll do with the links- maybe just save them intact.

The stones are not exactly the same size. The smallest are around .10 carats, ranging up to .15, with most as the bigger size. So it's probably around 4.25 to 4.5 carats, since there's 40 of them. The bracelet is more like 1930s actually, now that I've been able to inspect it. The diamonds are early transitional cuts, mostly, with smaller tables but either small or no culet. They're very clean, no visible inclusions even louping them. Not sure what color, I have a hard time judging color in higher color stones when they're set. G/H/I is my guess though.

I got a really cool antique watch yesterday too. A friend and I were getting tattooed and the shop was near a bunch of antique stores. So we of course had to check them out. I found a 1961 Longines 14K white gold watch, with a diamond box-link millgrained bracelet that matches this line bracelet (in miniature) perfectly. The lugs are little diamond filigree bows. And it has an inscription on the back dating to Christmas 1961. It was priced really well so I had to adopt it, despite that I have a zillion antique watches already :Up_to_something: Heh. It's really sweet though. And it needed a good home!

lgkbracelet2.jpg

lgkbracelet1.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Wow. The bracelet is much more substantial on you than I thought it would be. :love: Is it really too long? I know you say you're swollen, but from the photo it almost looks slightly too small. Granted, I like tennis bracelets with a bit of a dangle--the way bangles hang on the wrist--so maybe that colors my feelings. I'm picturing, once the swelling goes down, a perfect size in my mind.

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Hest, yeah, it's fairly big. You can't really tell in the pics because the stiff part of the clasp is in profile at the bottom, in all of them- so it's pulling the loose part flat in profile, if you can picture that. (It's actually like that in every picture that I'm holding my arm out on- it is heavier so it slides down to the lowest point). It's also the angle of the photos quite a bit too, with my wrist turned.

Anyway, yeah, it will need to be shortened eventually but it's no huge deal. I can pull it off now that it's cooled off some, without unclasping it, but it's not going to fall off I don't think. I do like my bracelets fairly close to the wrist since I'm a bit of a spaz and hard on stuff- I'm less likely to catch them on stuff if they're not too loose.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with it, and it matches really well with my antique watches.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results