shape
carat
color
clarity

"NEVER WEAR YOUR ENG RING AND WEDDING BAND ON ONE HAND"

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Most of the damage is usually on the basket - I guess that is the part that sticks out and is rubbing. For my band, it is curved such that the basket never touches the band. The two surfaces that touch are flat so it has minimal friction.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
does this refer to damage done by shared prong bands with exposed diamond girdles, or just wearing 2 metal bands together?

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
slg47|1300344218|2873807 said:
does this refer to damage done by shared prong bands with exposed diamond girdles, or just wearing 2 metal bands together?
2 metal bands seem to be okay, as do channel set bands. It's more so shared prong/pave/etc.

The only type of ring that is designed to withstand the abuse of continuous wear next to another is the stackable ring.

A stackable ring is a ring where the whole surface of one ring is touching the whole surface of another ring. Of course both surfaces must be smooth and have no stones. The damage will be minimal because the physical force (friction) is spread evenly over a wider surface.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I read this a few days ago...really has me limited with picking out my W-ring (my ering is a halo with stones on the basket). I really wanted shared prong....I guess its a good thing though I know now. Still, the shared prong bands are SOOOO pretty. And I want to save my right hand for a BLINGY RHR. UUGG!!

Thanks for sharing :)

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
:nono:

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I was okay with the article until the end where they list possible solutions but do not endorse any of them... like soldering or a cuved wedding band... I mean really... haahaa, made me laugh! :lol:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I read most of it, but came to the conclusion that LM must have a lot of time on his hands. :bigsmile:

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I found the history of engagement and wedding rings pretty interesting. I also makes sense that rings constantly rubbing against one another would cause damage. I guess I'll wear my engagement ring on my right hand. Maybe that'll give me a reason to get an upgraded wedding band. :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results