shape
carat
color
clarity

Need wedding band advice urgently!!

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

I left wedding band planning til the last minute (I don't know how! I was so ahead of the game with my e-ring)!

Would love thoughts on what would look best with my split shank double halo Henri daussi e-ring. I feel like a micropave in the same carat weight as the split shank and halos is too small and delicate? Also-- Rose gold? White gold? Help!! Also any thoughts on NYC diamond district folks that can do this quickly! Our first stop will be IDJ where we got the e-ring but need backup options too as the wedding is in 3 weeks! Pics attached are at Tiffany where we bought the Soleste band (top on finger stack-- and only one in set photo)-- but more as a backup. I feel we can do better (price value and design wise).

Thanks in advance!!

_22476.jpg

_22477.jpg

_22478.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dawnxcui|1410970310|3752505 said:
i like the bottom band in the second photo

I think I like the bottom band too. I like the ones that are about the same size of your ering shank. Your ering is pretty blingy
so you dont really need any big bling to go with it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same, matching one row of the shank (even if you get two of those) is great.

chatbandit

Shiny_Rock
thanks -- helpful. my concern is that i've found that the shank of my e-ring is smaller than most bands. it's super micropave almost. hard to convey how delicate and thin they are -- overall its absolutely a blingy package but i almost feel like going much bigger (like the one in the set photo) is better than trying to match the size but being off -- i hope that makes sense.

any thoughts re: rose gold vs white gold? i'm leaning towards white gold or platinum but am curious for thoughts. thanks!

mjg

Rough_Rock
I actually disagree; I think the super thin band just gets lost and makes it look like the shank on your ering is thicker. I like something with a little visual interest and contrast. I like a thicker band, or even a plain band, which I love with a super blingy ering. Maybe I'm on an island!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are not sure I would get a plain wedding band for your wedding and take the time you need to decide what other wedding band you might want to wear with your ER if any. Your ER is beautiful and can hold its own and I wouldn't rush into a decision because you are running out of time.

Many of us find having more than one WB is a great choice for different moods and jewelry options and you can never go wrong with a plain band IMO. If you don't want to wear your ER for some reason (i.e. going to the gym, running in the park, cycling etc.) you can always put on a lovely plain shank wedding band and not worry about any stones coming loose. Just saying you have options and there is no need to rush into a decision.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Of the options that you're considering, I like the bottom band in the pictures best (very pretty!), but you are right - it is extraordinarily dainty, and while it looks like it matches perfectly, it may get lost sitting under your halo. If you want matchy, go for it :) but, as Missy said, don't feel like you have to rush. A plain band is always an option. If you want something a little more interesting, I think a dainty rose gold twist band would be a lovely non-matching option and would compliment the ring, given what appears to be a rose gold (hopefully, I'm seeing it right) first halo in your e-ring. You can find them for very little on etsy, which would allow more funds for other bands now or in the future.

susanrachel28

Rough_Rock
I tried this on when I was looking for a replacement to my stolen engagement ring. I loved it! The bands are the tacori 2522 (I think? it was the matching one to my ring) and a 2ctw Henri Daussi pink gold eternity band. (3mm wide?) the tacori is 2.5 mm wide I think.

iphone_22_november_2013_253.jpg

iphone_22_november_2013_254.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results