shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Opinions/Advice re Cluster Ring E-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monnikk

Rough_Rock

Hi! My wedding is in 3 months and I still have not picked out a wedding band for my e-ring! (It''s so hard to find a band to match!) I was considering a curved ring for it, but have decided that I don''t care if there are gaps in between the e-ring and wedding band, so I''m going for a non-curved band. I''ve narrowed my choices down to these two:

A) A simple half eternity diamond wedding band with a channel setting.

or

B) A 5-stone wedding band.

Please give me your opinions/advice on which band you think would go better with my e-ring! Also if you have suggestions for styles than the 2 I''ve posted, please feel free to let me know! I''ve attached a couple pix (not the best quality pix) of my e-ring so you can get a better idea of my dilemma.
emlove.gif

Other info:

- Center setting has 7 diamonds and 10 tiny ones for the sides, totalling .70 c.
- Part of the reason I''m considering the 5 stone ring is cuz 17 + 5 = 22 stones, which is the date of our wedding.
26.gif

Thanks everyone!!

ring in box pic.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you go with a 5-stone band, I would make sure the 5 stones were smaller than the ones in the center cluster of your erin or the band might over power the ering, if that's a consideration for you. I think you just have to go try on different combinations to see what compliments your ering best...

ETA: I love channel settings but I noticed that your shank isn't channel set, it's more bead set or prong set, isn't it? With some millegraining? You might want to look at bands with a similar setting so it matches your shank a bit more? A straight channel setting might look too modern against your shank.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
If I go with the 5-stone, I''ll definitely get smaller stones than the center setting of my e-ring, but one thing I was worried about, is won''t the smaller stones (say .03 each) get overpowered by the metal prongs surrounding them? I''ve seen some really lovely 5-stone rings on this forum, but the stones are all quite large which is nice.

I think the side stones of my e-ring are bead-set with no milgrain although it kind of looks like it. I actually am not that fond of the way the side stones are set as there are spaces in between the diamonds and allows dirt to get in too easily.

Aghh...decisions, decisions!! Thank you so much for your opinion!! =)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
i love your ring, especially the size of the cluster diamonds.

anyway, i tried to read all of your previous thread, but i might have missed a few posts (sorry!). i like the idea of a bead-set half-circle diamond band more than a 5-stone. it would look more delicate and sparkly in keeping with the e-ring. i know you''re ok with it not sitting flush with the ring, but i was wondering if you have considered TWO thin diamond bands (relatively low set/flat) to frame the ring. something like the tiffany novo might look nice. i tried it on recently, and it had a low profile that i loved. maybe the whiteflash halo diamond wedding band (micro pave) would work?

your ring is so delicate and detailed, i would hate for the band to detract from its beauty.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think you should try to see if the maker of your e-ring setting makes a matching wedding band. I think the wedding band needs to match the shank of the e-ring.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I would get a curved band custom-made. It can be a 5-stone curved band or a bead-set (not channel-set though) eternity band - I think either would work. I know you mentioned that a gap wouldn''t bother you, but I think with how big your center cluster is compared to the width of the shank, a straight band just wouldn''t look right.

Something similar to this band, only bead-set instead of channel-set, and with only 5 stones to keep the significance of the number, might look nice:
http://www.jewelryexpert.com/catalog/Fancy-Yellow-Diamond-Ring.htm

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Hi all and thank you for your help! =) I do like the curved ring from jewelryexpert.com but I''m sure I''ll be wearing the wedding band on it''s own a lot and it might look odd?

I checked out the band of the Tiffany Novo ring and it does look very similar to the side setting of my e-ring! Based on the side-view pic that I saw, the shape of the band is exactly the same! If anyone has a Tiffany Novo ring with the matching band, please post here so I can see what they look like together on a finger. Because from the site photo, it looks like there would be a small gap based on how the e-ring is set. Not that I mind..am just curious!

Thanks again..think I''m getting closer! haha =)

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
have you looked at Thumbelina''s thread? https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-ring-is-here.63942/

her ring is somewhat similar (by Vatche, Alexa collection). i''m not sure whether the wedding band is by Vatche also, but it suits the ering. it curves ever so slightly, which might be a nice compromise. it also looks very delicate and low-profile. you could definitely wear it alone, too.

the novo is so expensive! i know harriet was looking at them at one point. so far there are a couple people with novo erings, but it''s so new, i don''t think anyone has the bands yet.

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
oh, and if you''re a size 6, you might look into leon mege''s eternity rings for sale:
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=330
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=336 (size 6 1/4)
his designs are so super delicate and lovely.

good luck with your search! you should go to some shops and try on slightly curved bands to see how they fit with your ering.

monnikk

Rough_Rock

Hi and thanks, Erica! Those links were very helpful and I think any of those bands would look good with my e-ring. I''ve tried on a curved a ring before, but for my ring, the curve that looked the best has a much deeper curve, almost like a v or u shape.

When I mentioned that I''m interested in some 5 stone and half eternity rings, the jeweler where my my fiance purchased my e-ring sent over a couple of pix. The pix aren''t that great, but here they are anyway!

half eternity H&A.jpg

monnikk

Rough_Rock
For the half eternity, the stones are .01 each, but i''d probably get .03 each.
For the 5-stone, I''m not sure of the size in the pic, but I''d probably get .05 each.

The stones in the "flower" section of my ring are .08 each.

Still thinking.....=D

5 stone ring H&A.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I love your cluster e-ring and if the Novo doesn''t work out I think that first half eternity ring from your jeweler might be a pretty option.

monnikk

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your help everyone! Turns out my e-ring looks much better with a thinner wedding band.

I''ve finally decided to go with a half eternity, 2 mm band in a shared prong setting. It''s being custom made and am crossing my fingers that a) it turns out the way I envision it and b) that it looks somewhat decent with my e-ring even if it doesn''t match!!

Cross fingers for me! =D

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
36.gif
Sounds to me like you made a great choice. I definately think a thinner band, like you''re getting, will look best with your pretty ring. Can''t wait to see pics!!!!!
1.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a curved band is the way to go. Cant wait to see the finished set
face1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results