shape
carat
color
clarity

Need help to reset asscher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I received this 1.58 ct. asscher in July as a 3rd anniversary gift. I feel somewhat guilty that I am already considering resetting it. I think I would like a simple Tiffany setting to showcase the beauty of the stone. It''s so beautiful and has such wonderful light return for a step-cut stone. As I look at it now in my living room, it is so beautiful and white and has the most mirror-like effect in the stone. The pictures just don''t show it well. But anyway, below is the current setting (traps for sidestones). Please give your honest opinions on whether you think it would look good in one of the two simple solitaire settings I am posting. All input is appreciated. Thanks!

closeup of asscher.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the second from the same website. This is a cathedral solitaire mounting, compared to the simple Tiffany solitaire above. What do you think?

winkjones4.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
how about this Harry Winston setting. wowza!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

here''s the link to Harlow Queen''s ring link

HWring.jpg
hwside1.jpg

straighton.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
lizz, they look a little high. If the stone can be set lower I would like it better. Love the HW setting, that is gorgeous!!! I am loving double claw prongs these days, yummmm.
30.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Nan, I love that one. I like the prongs better on it than the wink jones prongs I posted. Here''s a Ritani setting I also love. I love the thinness of it.

ritani4.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
kaleigh, I hear what you''re saying. My only concern with Harlow Queen''s setting is that it would be hard to wear a band with it due to the basket-style setting. I know with the Ritani, the band will sit flush.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the Wink settings but the prongs look a little bulky to me in those pictures.
They may be able to be thinned down and brought to a point or a new head put on.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
If the sidestones were changed to sapphires id love your current setting they would highlight the asscher instead of taking away from it.

Which by the way is a squarish emerald cut which is kewl.
The culet in the center comes to a - instread of a . which it does in a classic asscher cut.
Which can be awesome looking and yours looks nice :}
The hw ring has the same style stone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Ritani setting is very nice lizz. Have you tried them on??

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I have an asscher of a similar size and I was LOOKING for a setting like that..........I understand the love of simple settings but I just love your ring, my favorite of all the asscher rings. Right now my 2ct is set in an antique mounting. I originally set it in a plain platinum setting (the classic) then reset it back to the original antique platinum mounting since I missed the additional sparkle (has baguettes and small old miner cut stones).

I love your ring and wouldn''t switch it....but thats just me.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
The cover of the new Martha Stewart Weddings has an asscher set in a similar plain solitaire ... that one is from Daniel K?? Who knew he did solitaires? Could that be right -- I just got my copy so I haven''t gotten the details yet .. there''s another thread on Pscope with a link to some pix.

I think your ring is stunning as is but I can see how the "angularity overload" with big traps might detract a teeny tiny bit from the Asscher center.

What about the classic Asscher setting (Cartier style) with both claw prongs AND a pave band. Others make versions of it ... its "classic" for a reason.
2.gif

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Storm, it is a square emerald. I always just refer to it as an asscher, but I know that''s wrong. Actually, it''s 7.04 mm x 6.40, so it''s not even square, but pretty close. It''s certified as an emerald cut. I love your idea about the sapphire sidestones as I have always loved the look of the contrast of the two stones together.

Anyway, yes, kaleigh, I did try on a Ritani setting with a cushion center when we were looking at rings for my anniversary present. I loved the setting. It had great quality, and I liked the thin band.

Deco, I love your ring! I have saved it in my pictures. And UCLABelle, have you posted your asscher? I would love to see it. I appreciate the compliments on my current setting and one of the reasons I posted was to see if people liked it as is since it''s hard to judge by myself.

I''m posting a side view. I love the tulip-style head, and it was funny because Tulip is my husband''s nickname for me. It seemed like it was meant to be. That''s why I was considering having the head taken out and put in a simple solitaire so I could retain the sentimentality of it.

Then again, maybe I should just be happy with what I have since several of you like it the way it is. It''s hard to read PS every day and not grow dissatisfied with what you have and want something different!

asscher4445.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
UCLABelle, I found your ring (attached below). That is beautiful. I''ve never seen it before. I too love antique settings.

UCLABellering3.JPG

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I originally wanted a Cartier setting. Here''s one from betterthandiamond.com. It has the double prongs and pave sidestones that I like.

betterthandiamond3.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one from the same site with the matching wedding band. I like that it has graduated spacing between the band and e-ring. It''s different.

betterthandiamond4.jpg

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Lizz-Thanks for posting my ring and the comments. It is actually at the jewelers right now getting cleaned, polished, sized (again!). I pick it up on Tuesday. The jeweler has actually been working on finding a setting like the one you have!!!!

I love the profile shot of your ring. Like I said before, it is my favorite. The idea of the setting with your nickname is adorable. So sweet!!!!

I understand, going onto Pricescope everyday makes it hard be really happy with a persons ring (i.e. everytime I see a pretty one I second guess myself or rather my wonderful man who actually picked it).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results