shape
carat
color
clarity

Mystery solved!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lora

Shiny_Rock
For those of you that read my previous post (don''t know how to attach it) the mystery is solved. My boyfriend and his sister did end up helping his Dad pick out a simply gorgeous 3 stone ring for his Mom for their 50th wedding anniversary. We threw a huge dinner and dance for them with all of their friends and family. His Dad made the sweetest toast and presented his Mom with the ring. She was speechless. And then my boyfriend gets up to make a toast, and announces that he has found the woman that he would like to spend the next 50 years with! He had spoke to my son and daughter and gotten their blessing, and his parents were the ones that suggested that he propose at the party. So he asked me if I would marry him, and he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a ring box. My hads were shaking so hard I could hardly open it, but when I did, I see the most beautiful eternity ring ever! But, when I took the ring out, there was this nagging diamond stuck to the other side! He had intentionally put it in upside down so that I wouldn''t see it right away! The rest of the night is pretty much a blur. I did find out several days later that he had been looking at Mara''s thread with eternity ring sets for ideas. That is where his sister in law came in. I don''t have specs on the ring, I do know that the center stone is just over 2 c''s and the band is right at 1ctw

lora 1.JPG

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here ya go
2.gif

lora 2pic.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
1 more
36.gif

lora 3-3pic.jpg

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, now let me say your ring is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif
and your 2 carat stone WOWZA
30.gif
30.gif

You fiance did a super job, i bet you''re so glad he found "Mara"
1.gif
2.gif
3.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG he put it in backwards? What a sneak.
It''s so beautiful. I love it too. ( I love them all)

What a nice choice.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
30.gif
wow!! beautiful!!
36.gif
what a fun proposal!!

Shay

Shiny_Rock
Oh my word! I love the bezel set stones in the eternity band, it looks so stylish

Congratulations and what a lovely, heartfelt proposal. I wish you and your husband to be
36.gif
the best of luck in the future.

elepri

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, congratulations! I too first it was an eternity band from the first picture, what a great proposal!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is beautiful.
Congratulations. Great story too!!

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!! Congratulations to the two of you!! What a great proposal!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the bezel setting.

Funny that he fooled you at first by putting the ring in the box upside down!
36.gif

Lora

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much everyone for your kind comments. It''s so nice to visit this forum and see what new sparklies have arrived. I have no family near except my kids, and I feel sometimes like I have a bunch of new "sisters" here. I''m still in shock about the ring, he really surprised me. And I forgot to mention that he has my wedding band already. Actually, he liked the eternity band so much when he saw it that he bought two of them and had the diamond set on one. If I can get him to turn loose of it I''ll take some pictures of both rings together.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I can get him to turn loose of it I''ll take some pictures of both rings together.
36.gif
that would be good!!
3.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
How amazing is that!!!! Love the ring, love the story, can''t wait to see your wedding band! Congrats all around!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a thoughtful guy you''ve got!!! A very sweet proposal...and he did a FABULOUS job with the rings!!!! I haven''t seen a bezel set eternity band on a 6 prong e-ring before...and it looks AWESOME!!!
36.gif
Congrats!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow! That ring is just stunning! Congratulations!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh me oh my, that is one beautiful ring. I love the setting and the diamond is just gorgeous!! I love that he put it in upside down so you could''nt see the huge diamond. Congratulations to you both!!!
36.gif

rms

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story, and how sweet that his parents suggested that the proposal be part of their celebration....how great that he talked to your kids too. Congratulations!

Your diamond and setting are fantastic!! WOW. Who is the ring designer? More hand shots, pics of wedding band...please, please!!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!
36.gif
And what a gorgeous ring
30.gif
, not to mention such a wonderful proposal!!

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! I think I''d like you FI - he''s my kind of sneaky guy
2.gif
. Not only to propose when you least expect it, but also to put the ring in so you don''t see that gorgeous stone...at first! I hope someone was taking pictures - the expressions on your face must have been priceless!

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
All I can say is "WOW"!!!
10.gif
That ring makes me want to reconsider disliking round diamonds. He did an excellent job picking your ring and I bet it will look great with the matching band.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
I love your ring, especially the setting!!! I''ve never seen one like it with the bezel style eternity concept. Nice idea.

Congratulations on your engagement!!!
36.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I''m absolutely loving the little bezel set sides stones! What a beauty!
36.gif

Christy42

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring, Lora! I love sneaky fiances and diamonds, of course......My husband is the same way, he''s gotta make you sweat before you smile......Congrats!....
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
How did I miss this?!!?! I am sooo happy that it all worked out in the end, congratulations!

The ring is just beautiful....very different! what size is the center stone, it looks huge? Did he build it on PS or did he find the setting somewhere else and build it? More details?

Anyway it's lovely...please post it in my eternity ring set one!! YAY!

(so glad I'm not the other woman after all!!)

Oh edited to add I just noticed you didn't have specs but it was over 2c. It's just beautiful! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results