color
clarity

My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setting

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My Whiteflash ACA in Caysie CvB rose gold platinum setti

pfunk|1435348495|3894906 said:
I gotta tell ya, I am just a dude who spends too much time on here after getting help for my fiancee's engagement ring, but that is the first ring that has absolutely WOWed me since I started reading here. Absolutely gorgeous.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate this!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

And while I'm at it, here is the info on the pink diamond. It's brown pink .07 carats. About 2.7 mm round.

I couldn't decide between this one and a pink sapphire so I sent everything to Caysie and let her decided.

_31559.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly17|1435404745|3895157 said:
And while I'm at it, here is the info on the pink diamond. It's brown pink .07 carats. About 2.7 mm round.

I couldn't decide between this one and a pink sapphire so I sent everything to Caysie and let her decided.
I'm glad she picked the diamond. The color goes so well with the gold and then fact it's a diamond really makes it special

redroze1

Shiny_Rock

I love it and I wouldn't go thicker on the shank. Knife edged shanks tend to appear thinner than they actually are. Is that throwing you off?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Niel,
I'm happy she picked the diamond as well. I think it does make is more special as well.

redroze1,

I don't think that's throwing me off. I realize that knife edges appear thinner. I had a Tiffany & Co. solitaire (sold it to someone here actually and she posted a thread after she got it), and still own two Tiffany and Co.
Knife edge bands, one in platinum and one in rose gold with Milgrain. They are all 2 mm.

The shank on my Caysie ring is thinner and then tapers even thinner as it reaches the bottom. This is not what I asked for. I waited 13.5 weeks for this ring and every detail was discussed, even though it was modeled after a previous ring that she made. We exchanged over 220 messages to get this ring made.

Don't get me wrong. I do love the ring, I just wanted a thicker band I guess.

I think once I get home and try it on with different bands I'll feel better.

I feel like Valmanin, not love at first sight, but a slow burn.

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock

I think this is my favorite solitaire setting for a round stone that I've seen. Really beautiful, feminine, romantic and modern at the same time.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

This is the most beautiful ring in the world. I am flabbergasted!! Perfection.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Is it possible maybe CvB could make a new shank for the ring?

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thanks ladies!

Laila619,
I honestly don't know. I will ask or just deal with it. I found one other issue where the rose gold is soldered to the basket and parts of the rose gold are white from the soldering and also a porosity hole on the shank.

These areas are only really noticeable with a loupe though so maybe I am making a big deal out of nothing. Also I don't want you guys to think Caysie's work is flawed. I am really really picky and I notice everything but that's why I wanted CAD, not handforged.

I did manage to try it on with several bands and I love the way it looks with the different bands I have.

I just returned home today at 5:30 pm from NY and then left at 6 pm to go to work so I will take pictures soon. Thanks!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

Laila619|1435456215|3895474 said:
Is it possible maybe CvB could make a new shank for the ring?

I was wondering this as well. As awestruck as we all are, you should be perfectly happy.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey everyone! So Caysie contacted me last night and offered to remake the shank beefier.

She also said I could hold on to this ring until they are done making the other one, and then she will let me know so I can ship it back.

I am excited about that because 1- It will be even more beautiful than it it is now and 2- it will be more how I envisioned it and lastly 3- I get to hold onto this ring until the other one is done so I won't be without a ring for too long.

Thank you to whomever alerted her to this thread bc I wasn't sure how and if I should approach her.

I do love the ring and I will still post more pictures with the bands when I get a chance.

Caysie is awesome!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

nyquestioner|1435453215|3895451 said:
I think this is my favorite solitaire setting for a round stone that I've seen. Really beautiful, feminine, romantic and modern at the same time.

Beautiful ring, I would never call it modern though, to me it is100% vintage looking.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly17|1435509249|3895741 said:
Hey everyone! So Caysie contacted me last night and offered to remake the shank beefier.

She also said I could hold on to this ring until they are done making the other one, and then she will let me know so I can ship it back.

I am excited about that because 1- It will be even more beautiful than it it is now and 2- it will be more how I envisioned it and lastly 3- I get to hold onto this ring until the other one is done so I won't be without a ring for too long.

Thank you to whomever alerted her to this thread bc I wasn't sure how and if I should approach her.

I do love the ring and I will still post more pictures with the bands when I get a chance.

Caysie is awesome!

Oh that's great!! :) :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

:appl: :love: :appl:

What a gorgeous reset, Butterfly!! I also saw that on FB and thought "STUNNING" When it came on my fb feed!! Its beautiful and the 'petal' effect is just so beautiful and light and feminine! and all that milgrain detail --- just so beautiful!! How funny its the size of the diamond refractive index!! Coincidence...?? i think not!!! lol

Just gorgeous - feel free to throw a few hundred more pics on PS!!!

(oh - and the zina bands? where they from the girl on Etsy? They look amazing!)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey enerchi,

Thanks! Yes the bands are from Zina Tahari on etsy. She has a 5 week turn around time. The middle band is my WF Harmony band.
I was thinking about selling it but it's good I didn't bc it's perfect with the other bands.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock

The ring is just stunning- I bet it will look great with the thicker shank as well (not to mention more comfortable as it should slide around less!) :love: Please post some pics of your ring with your beautiful stacking rings!! I've been eyeing those Zina bands for a while and hope to add them to my (tiny) collection soon. :naughty:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey everyone! So I am on vacation in Va. I was in NY last week from Wed to Sat, then worked three nights sat to Mon, and then left Wed for Va!
So I haven't been able to take pictures with my real camera and my iPhone camera is messed up.

But here are some pictures that came out halfway decent.

First is my Dahlia with two tiffany metros, rose gold and yellow gold. Size 5.5 for reference.
Also I'm wearing my tricolored Simon G bracelet. Don't know the carat weight but it has yellow and white diamonds and matches perfectly with the wedding set.

Second is just the metros with the Dahlia. Not sure is I should wear them on either side or together.

_31888.jpg

_31889.jpg

_31890.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh, how beautiful! :love: I don't really like a band above the e-ring, so I'd vote for two bands below the e-ring. I love one thin engraved band with one pave band. I know you are having the ring remade to be what you like best, but I think the shank looks about perfect to me with those delicate, thin bands.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Butterfly17, Are you sure you want a thicker shank? I can not imagine anything looking more perfect than your ring with the bands. It's simply stunning!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's simply beautiful. Congratulations! :love:

grateful4life

Shiny_Rock

I have never seen anything quite like that! And the diamond...wow! It's perfection!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey Ladies!
Thanks for your responses.

I wasn't really sure if I wanted a thicker shank and was going to wait until I got home to wear them with my wedding bands. But I do want the basket set a little bit higher bc my bands are hitting it. I had a Leon Mege a while ago and the prongs got eaten away from the diamond band I was wearing with it, which is why for this ring I really wanted the donut profile at least 2 mm so it would clear the basket head. The Tiffany metros are 1.4 mm and they hit the basket. And the tiffany Bezets bands are 1.7 mm. And they definitley hit the basket.

Also, I don't know what it is about I feel the ring is just too thin Like it will bend. I've never felt that way before and I've had many different designer settings and bands. And some thinner or just as thin. For settings alone, I've had a LM, WF Harmony and Tiffany settings, Simon G, Ritani (which was 2 mm as well), ERD Halo setting, Shubach Beth setting (which is 2 mm as well), Diamonds by Lauren, Vatche royal crown and x prong settings, just to name a few. I also have some non- designer settings.

Lastly. The soldering white areas are really bugging me.

So, when Caysie offered to remake the shank, I of course jumped on it.

Don't get me wrong, the ring is beautiful and I even heard some people remark (behind me on line or sitting near me while I was on vacation) how beautiful my ring looks.

It is a gorgeous ring for sure!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

I can certainly understand your wanting these issues addressed and it sounds like Caysie is very responsive. I hope the new shank will make everything perfect so you can comfortably wear and enjoy your beautiful new solitaire. I love the way it looks with your two Metro bands.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

Your ring is gorgeous!!! My ring has a very similar feel with similar shank dimensions. I thought it was too thin at first...I almost thought it looked cheap. I swear...I always have the worst case of buyers remorse...it's ridiculous! :oops:

Anyway, I have grown to LOVE my ring with it's ultra thin looking (it's actually quite sturdy) shank. To me, it looks elegant, feminine, and unfussy (ok...not a word). It stacks beautifully with bands. I'm glad I didn't change it. I seriously considered it!!!

FYI...my ring has never changed shape and I've been wearing it everyday for 1.5 yrs. It has some deceptive heft to it because as it pinches in, it also becomes wider/taller if that makes sense.

Just thought I would throw my experience in. Hope it helps!!! Enjoy and good luck with your decisions!

p.s. I hope my post makes sense. I am completely brain dead after a 4 day vacation with 3 kids. I am also completely opposed to proof reading today! :wink2:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks Sundial! And thanks everyone for all the compliments and feedback.

Valmanin, your ring was one of the inspirations for this ring!
I am really not a fan of thin shanks but yours is beautiful. What bands do you wear with it?

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

Butterfly17|1436295629|3899993 said:
Thanks Sundial! And thanks everyone for all the compliments and feedback.

Valmanin, your ring was one of the inspirations for this ring!
I am really not a fan of thin shanks but yours is beautiful. What bands do you wear with it?

Thanks Butterfly! The crazy thing is, I was working on another design with Chris that looked a LOT like your finished design. I couldn't get comfortable with the metal that would show from the top-down. I had a hunch it would work, but I was too chicken to try it! Kuddos to you for going with this beautiful design!

The bands. Oh the bands!!! This is embarassing. I still wear a little etsy YG twist band with my solitaire. I keep MEANING to do something else, but I just can't decide. I like a lot of bands with it, but nothing has quite as much as the simple texture of the twist. Maybe someday... :lol:

angela06

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is amazing! I adore the scalloped head and the milgraining on the shank. Caysie is a true artist and I hope to have a setting from her someday! :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the double skinny pave bands with it. Totally works!!

JulieKae

Rough_Rock

wow, that was worth the wait, really gorgeous result!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful diamond a setting. It looks terrific on you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results