shape
carat
color
clarity

my wax, now 95 % complete

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Last week I posted in the Jewelry Pieces forum the first photos of my e-ring rough wax- today Michael Devlin sent me photos of my wax, almost complete! I know he still needs to pick the 4 diamonds that will go in the middle of the side scrolls, and then after that he starts my ring!!!! He said that the bezel will be trimmed down on my ring and I love how much protection this design will give the girdle, which is extremely thin in some places (another quirk of this omc.) The band is about 3.7mm thick and I''m hoping that my wedding band will be a very thin eternity band (or maybe two
3.gif
)

I don''t think I can get to sleep right now, I''m so excited! My BF is having a hard time imagining the final ring but said tonight "do you think you''ll love it?" I, of course, said "Hell yeah" and that was good enough for him!

Either I''ve worn the poor guy down or he came around to the idea that I''m the one who has to wear it- in the begining I was looking at some Richard Landi semi-mounts and vintage repros on line- he vetoed them- too grandma-ish. Anything w/ sapphires was weird, traditional solitaires too plain...for someone who said we''d get whatever I wanted, he sure had a lot of opinions but when I said I wanted to go the custom route he was excited that our ring would be one of a kind and we''re getting just that
2.gif

fffwax95finished[1].jpg

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE IT!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great...can''t wait to see the final piece!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This may be a silly question but will the bezel be up around higher then the stone like that?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
It just keeps getting more stunning. I didn''t realize how much would be trimmed out of the gallery & scrolls. So delicate, yet bold & original & streamlined & vintage with a twist ... and a perfect showcase for that showstopping stone.

Eagerly awaiting more progress, pix, reports!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 12:59:59 AM
Author: Matatora
This may be a silly question but will the bezel be up around higher then the stone like that?
Miss Matatora, it''s scary how much we often think alike- I had the same question for him! Michael said it will be trimmed down much lower, so that the bezel sits below crown/table height but still offers a lot of protection- there may be a little "lip" still there to give protection to more than just the girdle, so unless hit directly from the top the poor setting will take more of the hit (forgive me, Michael, if I''m getting this wrong) and thanks for the support through this all- you rock, girl
3.gif

Thanks Mara & Deco- it wouldn''t be nearly as fun if I didn''t have the great members of PS to bounce this stuff off of!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
That is going to be a fantastic and unique ring! I love anything with scroll stuff...and I love bezels!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Aww FFF- you know I love ya!
2.gif
I just cant wait to see your ring! It is going to be fantastic! He he perhaps over Christmas break I will get to see it in person!
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is hard to tell from the pictures, does it taper the way you wanted it to?

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Neat! I really like it! How big is the diamond?

peachy

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love it, FFF!!
30.gif
30.gif
It''s going to be a real stunner. So unique! Can''t wait to see it. And the eternity
band(s) should be perfect with it...
18.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely LOVE it. The design is awesome. I can''t wait to see thos hand shots!!!!!
30.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
fff- so cool!!! your ring is going to be completely fabulous
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
FFF....you KNOW how much I love that design!!! How long before you get it on your finger???
3.gif

I imagine you''ve told the story before, but could you remind me of where that beautiful OMC came from? Is it an heirloom?

Can''t wait to see the finished ring. And I think a skinny eternity band (or two!
3.gif
) will look sensational with it!

widget

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see the wedding band that will flank this masterpiece.

Rube

Shiny_Rock
Every wax is even more beautiful! (As I''m sure it''s supposed to be.
3.gif
)

I just love it! Can''t wait to see it completed.
36.gif

Laralooblue

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE it! This is the first I''m reading about your e-ring and I''m awe of just the wax! Oooooo, I''m definitely keeping my eyes open for your "It''s Here" thread!
30.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2005 8:41:50 AM
Author: widget
FFF....you KNOW how much I love that design!!! How long before you get it on your finger???
3.gif

I imagine you've told the story before, but could you remind me of where that beautiful OMC came from? Is it an heirloom?

Can't wait to see the finished ring. And I think a skinny eternity band (or two!
3.gif
) will look sensational with it!

widget

Thanks for all of the kind words from everyone! Having spent the last 6+ months drooling over what I think are easily the most beautiful rings in the world here on PS I'm really excited to have something of my own to post.

Sorry if this is long, as for the back-story on the stone, I come from a very small family- both of my parents only have one sibling and we actually have little to no contact w/my mother's brother, so that always just left my Dad's sister, my Aunt Ann (also my Godmother.) She & her husband had no children and as kids we frankly weren't that close. She was 13 yrs older than my Dad, had a busy life and she was in her mid-40s when I was born- simply settled in her own life and really couldn't relate to any of us (we thought she was snooty
3.gif
) As a teenager I was awful and again, the poor lady dealt with me when she had to....fast-forward to young adulthood ....something happened, Grandma passed away and Ann loosened-up, became fun...she started calling me when I went away to college, I started calling her and writing letters, too. We had a common love of art, she took a great interest in my photography & I loved her paintings, her woodworking & lathe art. When I came home on break we started having lunch together, she flew to AZ for my college graduation, was thrilled when I got engaged & married the 1st time, was my biggest supporter through my divorce. The first time I told her out-loud that I loved her she sobbed and we never stopped telling each-other that we loved each other from that point on.

She fought a very hard battle against lung cancer and passed away in May 2004. She left me her engagement ring, this diamond actually belonged to her MIL as the center stone in a broach. My Aunt changed the setting many times over the years and when my Uncle gave me the ring he made a point of saying "don't be afraid to make it into something you'll love" so I am. My BFs current finances would never allow for a diamond e-ring and I guess we both think this was just meant to be our e-ring, Ann would've liked that and it's continuing the tradition of the diamond.....

It's a 2.21ct omc, SI-1, an M with faint fluor- I always think it faces up like some of the great Js we see here. It's chunky facets throw off the best fire, it glows in sunlight and in candlelight it just blows me away...it's not perfect but it's cherished, and that's enough for me!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Fountain.....THANK YOU for sharing that sweet story!

It does indeed sound like you and your aunt were kindred spirits!

I bet she''s smiling down right now, and DEFINITELY approving of your plans for that fabulous diamond...
5.gif

widget

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
FFF, that story is very sweet...I''m glad you found a special design for something so meaningful to you. can''t wait to see the pictures when it is done!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Wow, first of all, that ring is going to be spectacular! It looks so gorgeous already, I can't wait to see the finished product and I'm sure the anticipation is killing you!!

Even more importantly, your story is just so heartwarming. The stone has so much significance and I'm sure your aunt would be thrilled that you are putting it into such a fabulous setting. The sentimental value outweighs everything and makes it so much more special.
17.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very nice.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
FFF, I just LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I don''t see any "wabi-sabi" here!!!!! IT''s SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
FFF, it is GORGEOUS!!! I can''t wait to see the final product!!! And what a lovely story about the stone!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
I love the waxes. I bet the ring is going to make your Aunt very happy. It''s a part of your history, and now a part of your future. What a lovely legacy.

Shay

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh that is going to be sooooo pretty! Can''t wait to see what wedding band you decide to wear with that beauty!

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
So now, not only do I covet your gorgeous OMC, I adore your setting, too!!! I cannot wait to see the finished pictures! Keep us updated!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results