shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My Victor Canera HW Inspired Round Halo

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
Short story is that I've been looking for a local SoCal jeweler to do my reset. Reading the forums here I commissioned Victor Canera after seeing some of his work here. He's local to me and he hand makes his rings which is important to me. If I ever bang my ring around I know that he's a 10 mile drive from me, plus traffic congestion on the 10Fwy:)

I started a thread here to pin down some of the options for my ring which surprisingly was the hardest part;
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/your-advice-please-which-victor-canera-design-for-my-round.159724/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/your-advice-please-which-victor-canera-design-for-my-round.159724/[/URL]

I was looking for a Harry Winston inspired design for my 2 carat stone and the pave there Victor calls "Shallow U-Cut" so that was what I selected for my reset. He also gave me the wonderful idea of making the shank be a little bit graduated. My shank is graduated from 2.1mm to 1.7 on the bottom part of it. This he told me would keep the "heavy shank" syndrome from happening, where the parts that aren't paved seem like they're a lot bulkier on the shank.

Btw. I have to say Victor has been so amazing through this whole process, very soft spoken never judgemental of some ideas that were kind of far out on my part. From the time I placed the order to receiving the ring was about 10 days :o :appl:

Without further ado, here's the glamour shot I got from Victor today of my completed ring. Hand shots to follow later ;))

LiliansRing.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ok WOW! it's gorgeous! victor has made some beautiful rings recently :appl: :appl: :appl:

we need more pics!

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Here it is on me.
With the sun, just a hint of my center's I color warmth comes out. I still love it.:)

IMG_0058.jpg

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Side profile showing the pave stems a little bit...

IMG_0055.jpg

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Beeeeautiful!!!!!

I am loving seeing these Victor Canera rings! Chomping at the bit until I can work with him on a project.... I like that he's in LA and super good on e-mail - and his work is showing to be stunning! Congrats on your beautiful ring - I love the delicate halo!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's GORGEOUS :love: We need VERY close up shots to see the details please!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love: I'll tell you, it is really nice to have a couple of new outstanding custom ringmakers, and Victor is definitely one of them!

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Here's a head on shot of my stone. I love the claw prongs Victor does on his rings too, very delicate.

IMG_0003.jpg

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Of course I bought a loop from the diamond district in Los Angeles.=) Here's a close up of the pave work.

DSCN5166.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my stars, that is just so beautiful!!! What impressive craftsmanship ~ You must be thrilled!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!! Victor Canera does amazing work!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
This is gorgeous! What amazing workmanship, too.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooh I've been waiting to see your beauty!! It looks incredible on you! love his work! congrats what a treat to get it all done in such a short amount of time and hand forged too! :appl: :love:

BHMom

Rough_Rock
I think you mean a side shot by profile?...
I really love the fact that I don't really see any metal when viewing the ring from the top.=)

IMG_0008.jpg

BHMom

Rough_Rock
luv2sparkle-Thanks v much.
Love Street - Thank you. Victor's been great, I don't think he'd disappoint.
Frankiextah - Your ring is beyond spectacular itself, thanks.
Kimber418- Thanks I guess the ring and me match=) I have olive toned skin and was debating whether to do it in a metal besides platinum but Victor convinced me otherwise.
Natalina-Yeah during the day it's almost blinding, especially in the sun:)
Diamondseeker2006-It has been nice to be able to have a choice lately;-)
Junebug417-I am thrilled! VIctor has been so enthusiastic about hand forging I've learned a lot from him. It's made the process really an educational one for me and my husband.
Charmypoo-Your rings have been beyond lovely as well. Your taste is impeccable:)
Aoife-Thank you.
D&T-Thanks D&T, Victor's been great. I think you have one of his pieces too, so I've joined the club I guess. :twirl:
Mimmi01-I was debating whether to halo my stone. It's already 2 carats but I'm really glad I did. It's more unique and the combo of pave and center stone looks great to me.

Here's another shot I got from Victor showing the side of the ring. This shows the graduation of the shank better that I was talking about earlier. The part that isn't paved doesn't look bulky. It's actually more noticeable in real life.
So far I'm really happy with this ring.=)

LiliansRing2.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep coming back for more peaks. LOVE it! Victor did a fantastic job and in 10 days :o

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! The work looks so delicate!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It is gorgeous! And you took GREAT photos! What a lovely ring! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He really did a great job! And I like it that it is possible to have a very delicate looking ring with a 2mm shank, too. 2mm IS thin!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results