shape
carat
color
clarity

My "temporary" 3.37 -- yes, I did it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Dee Jay that is just breathtaking and HUGE!!! Not bad for a "starter" stone!
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good lord DJ, if this is your "temp" then I am actually AFRAID to see your final stone! It''s gorgeous, .6 HCA or not!!! My eyes do all my work for me and they say that you''ve got a real beauty there! I actually think it looks beautiful with the sidestones....they really serve to frame and highlight that center boulder. And how in the world can you say the stone is too small......I say it''s a skating rink! A blazing one at that!
30.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
OMG !!!!! If you need me to temporarily take that ring off your hands, let me know- It''s spectacular!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
DJ-

Your temporary is just beautiful! Cant wait to see the "real deal" though!!! Congrats!
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy - It's funny you mention the sidestones. They are from my original engagement ring setting (two center stones ago!) and I thought that these pictures make the new round look like it was *growing* out from between them since they are set so low compared to the center stone height. In reality it doesn't look that bad, but I thought when I went back and looked at the photos, that they look weird!

And thanks everyone for the comments. I'm trying very hard to be paitent and happy with this one until Big Sister comes along!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring - maybe after you wear it for awhile the size will ''grow'' on you!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
SO happy for you! The stone looks gorgeous...AND it looks huge-mongous on your finger! Enjoy it -- it looks awesome.
1.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow DJ, that''s a pretty, big temp stone! That'' really pretty! Thanks for sharing the pics!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DJ
35.gif

first... beautiful ring!!!
30.gif
10.gif
second...
6.gif
3.37 ct still isn''t big enough for ya ?
40.gif
37.gif
you might break the PS record for the quickest upgrade.
31.gif

btw; my wife has a 3.34 ct rb solitaire on a 4.75 ring and it looks pretty big.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t believe this is your "temporary" diamond! What will your final setting look like?

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I too am stunned that this is only temporary. I could only dream of having a stone like that...it looks beautiful!

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
OMG temporary?

That''s a boulder and a half!
10.gif

I bet big sister is gonna be stunning too!

lizzyd

Shiny_Rock
SO sparkly and white, and colorful!!! But, you''re right..................... a little on the puny side
25.gif

he he he

So what''s the hold up finding big sis? How will you set her?

I do have two things that struck me as I looked at the pics. These are totally unsensored thoughts, so I hope they don''t jangle your buzz (cause it is a killer rock
18.gif

one - the picture of the ring with the eternity band makes the 3.3ct look smaller than it does in the pics where it''s on its own, or with your wedding band (maybe that''s why everybody''s saying they like it with the wedding band and I just missed that day in diplomacy school?
37.gif

two - are you going to use the side stones with the eventual 4ct.? Maybe the setting will just need to be adjusted or something, but as you said, they look a little off.

I know, I know, it''s only temporary. I can''t help it
28.gif

I''m dying to know how you''re going to set "The Iceberg" though, when it does arrive.

Wear "The Temp" in good health. Congrats!!! It''s beautisimo any way you look at it!!

Best
LizzyD

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Deejay, that ring is gorgeous!! Don''t let it near the demon dog! Just kidding.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That thing is gorgeous - the colors coming off it...I can't believe it's only babysitting your hand waiting for its big sister! YOWZA!

3hearts

Shiny_Rock
that''s one TEMPORARY rock I wouldn''t mind wearing
emsmilep.gif
it''s beautifully huge!!!

can''t wait to see pics of the BIG ONE
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DJ I actually love how the side stones are kind of smallish next to the stone...I think they make the center stone REALLY pop and look even bigger than it is. I am kind of a weirdo with 3 stone proportions though, I think most of the time that side stones are done ''too big'' so that the center just looks like another diamond rather than the center star it should be. So for me smaller sides are better.

And I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring with your blingarific eternity ring! I don''t think it looks as good as the other rings. But it''s all just so personal, one person''s hamburger is another person''s filet mignon! hehee. Anyway, you done good so far, can''t wait to see the next round !!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
DeeJay, the temp diamond is TDF! It looks BIG--I can''t wait to see what you end up with!
36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is the best temp stone i''ve ever seen!
3.gif

beautiful. i can''t wait to see what''s next!
10.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!! It''s a beauty! I would have a hard time trading it in - I would want to keep it and wear it with its "big sister". Nothing looks as good as a healthy diamond on each hand.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/9/2006 1:24:32 PM
Author:Dee*Jay
And it’s amazing how much stress gets lifted off your shoulders when you’re only picking out a “temporary” diamond!

I totally agree!!

At one point I was trying to find THE PERFECT setting, and THE PERFECT stone.

Now, I just leave my options open. Maybe I''ll wear this one forever, ot maybe there are a few more changes in the future.

I think I am enjoying it more, now that I have that attitude.

BUT, back to the important thing,
Your new "temp" diamond is beautiful! And i like the smaller sidestone with it!
Enjoy!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Hi DJ,

I was driving to work this morning, thinking about your ''temporary diamond'' (how sad am I)

Color H SI1 (eye clean) is fantastic in a huge stone. Does your jeweller think it will take a long time to find something BIGGER with a good spec
33.gif

What size are you looking for?

blod
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning Blod (and everyone else!).

I'm looking for 4(ish) for a permanent stone. My old oval was 3.02 and 4 or so in a round gives me a comfortable visual equivalent.

For my next stone I would like an eye-clean SI1 or SI2 and H or I color, but I have to be careful with the color because my eternity band if F and G stones and I don't want any obvious color difference when I wear the rings together.

In terms of timeframe, my jeweler is going on a buying trip at the end of this month so I could be switching it out as soon as 3-4 weeks. Or if that doesn't happen, hopefully when he gets his holiday inventory stocked up. Or... who knows. Now that I have something I don't mind looking at for a while I'm happy to wait until the perfect stone comes along.

Called my insurance company this morning to confirm coverage, by the way, and they haven't even processed the paperwork that I faxed in last Wednesday yet so I won't wear the damn thing until I know it's covered (one of my own personal phobias, I know it sounds crazy). So the ring is just sitting in the box waiting to see the light of day. I've never had to wait this long before, not even when I've gotten things during the holiday season when they must be more backed up than they are now. Argh!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
Wow, Dee Jay, what I miss when I go on vacation...

Your stone is absolutely beautiful and HUGE, I''d say a keeper, but hey, the bigger the better?!

Enjoy it, it''s lovely!

BeaudryBabe

Shiny_Rock
oops, forget to track this thread..

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
umm.......YUM!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I love that ring...it is perfect, I wouldn''t change it for the life of me. It is huge, clear, shiney, and looks GREAT GREAT GREAT in that setting....Just amazing!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowza! for most people, a temp ring is a twist tie around the finger! You lucky gal you....
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
For a temporary diamond, that ring sure is purdy!!
18.gif

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
that is beautiful! Love the round brilliant!!!
emsmile.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful & huge......love it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results