shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My tanzanite temptation by Victor Canera

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I purchased the tanzanite in sometime in the mid 90's while I working in Tanzania. I saw the stone in a little shop at the Sheraton in Dar es Salaam and I couldn't pass up the deep velvety blue purple color. I thought about setting it dozens of times but was deathly afraid the jeweler would damage it so I ended up going nowhere with my plans. Fast forward to 2015. After looking at what Victor was able to create from PSers' stones I was in awe. And rather jealous. I decide to take the plunge and commit, releasing the poor tanzanite from a 20 year captivity in a gloomy safe. Paige, who was so very kind, helped me with the process. I chose the Sophia setting which I had admired in photos taken by other members. Initially I wanted a plainer look. Fortunately Victor stepped in and recommended the ajour and he was absolutely right. I'm so in love with this ring words that cannot adequately express my feelings. The tanzanite is very special to me. It's a reminder of my travels to the beautiful country of Tanzania and my friendships with the wonderful people. Thanks to Victor, Paige and all the PSers who inspired me on this journey. The specs, the tanzanite is a 9ct and there are 2.01ct of French cut diamonds set in platinum. Now on to the photos. The first two are from Victor.

11027504_870489306344555_5489942507964972175_n.jpg

11140101_871953326198153_2426145381988537638_n.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like!!!
Yet again a ring I admired on FB, hoping it belonged to a PSer.
Victor's craftmanship is top notch: the delicate bezel, the beautiful engraving and the fabulous ajour. Your amazingly blue Tanzanite shines in this beautiful setting. Enjoy wearing your bezeled Sophia ring.

Please post your pics in the Victor Canera thread and the french cut sides thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358/page-5']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358/page-5[/URL]

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom :wavey:
I agree the craftsmanship is top notch. The detail is jaw dropping. Thank you so much and I'll get the pics posted in the other threads.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow--that is one incredible ring by Victor! :appl: I'm so glad that your tanzanite has found it's forever home!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting! Do you have the specs of your Tanzanite? I am so glad you released her from a lifetime in a dark safe. This stone wants to be shown and worn.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing :love: . This is museum/ royal jewels level jewelry. Absolutely gorgeous!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a beauty - what a wonderful way to set off such a tantalizing stone! Wear it in good health!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, The tanzanite is about 14x10 and 9ct. It's a relief to get it set. I sort of felt foolish that it was in the safe for so long. I forgot to add a thank you to you for inspiring me with your beautiful Sophia.

Thank you baby monster and VRBeauty!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
A few more. Sorry for spamming (and the smudge on the first photo :oops: )!

VCHANDSHOT1.jpg

VCHANDSHOT2.jpg

VCHANDSHOT3.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's GORGEOUS. :love: :love: :love:
I love the setting and the tanzanite. Perfect together. And it looks perfect on your hand. :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makeable, I just put your ring straight away on the Pricescope Hall of Fame thread. I mean, if your ring doesn't make it on, what does??

Just jaw dropping!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I. Am. Speechless. My eye is not usually caught by colored stones but I think this ring has TURNED me!!!! :love: :love: :love: I love everything about it, from the vividly deep color to the absolutely PERFECT way it was set. The sidestones and engraving are stunning (of course, it's a VC!) and make the ideal home for this stone. It is magnificent and so beautiful on your hand!! Enjoy this work of art!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, just incredible :love:
such beautiful hue, tone, and saturation.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
mrs-blop, you are too kind. Thank you.

KristyDarling, I know what you mean. This tanzanite was irresistable because of the color. The setting showcases the stone beautifully. Thank you for the kind words.

cflutist, thank you!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word...Gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love: :love: :love:

ringcat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Just superb! Gorgeous colour and awesome size. Congratulations!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just died and went to heaven!! That ring is divine! I can see why you fell in love with the color of that stone!!! Wow! And the setting is TDF!! :love:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*THUD* Jaw droppingly gorgeous - that colour is divine! The VC setting is perfect for it. Glad to see this beauty out of the safe and into the world for all to admire. :love:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW--absolutely fabulously gorgeous :) :love: :love: Beautiful ring! Well done! :appl: :appl:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Lucky you! Honestly one of the most beautiful tanzanite rings I have ever seen.

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Agreed! Gorgeous stone and setting. VC does amazing work.

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results