shape
carat
color
clarity

My stone has a new home! Halo reset from Steven Kirsch.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Picked up my new ring, an anniversary reset, from Steven yesterday and it’s absolutely beautiful! The craftsmanship is everything I expected. The pave looks perfect; I see no metal between the tiny stones. I love the way Steven set the stone, makes it look like it has a really high crown and really separates it from the halo. And I absolutely love the gallery that Steven designed! I wanted something different from the usual stems and I think he certainly achieved that. The biggest surprise, however, is, wow, has my diamond grown! When people talk about the stone looking bigger in a halo, I always assumed that was including the halo, but I think the stone itself actually looks bigger being surrounded by the very small melee! The proportions are just perfect! I also want to say that working with Steven was a pleasure! I initially contacted several highly popular PS vendors known for hand-forged rings and found him to be the most responsive through email and really easy to collaborate with in person, when figuring out the final design. The fact that he’s local was a huge plus too; I got to meet with him several times and see my ring in progress and make sure it fit right next to my wedding band, which was very important to me. He also finished the ring really fast! His timeline was 4 to 6 weeks and he was done in 4!

The specs on the ring:
The stone is 1.60 ct H SI H&A (bought from a former PS vendor years ago)
The melee surrounding the stone are half-pointers. I believe the stones in the gallery are also half-pointers though not sure about that.

I really want to thank everyone who helped me figure out what do with my reset, it took months of wavering but I'm really happy with my final decision. And special thanks to Gypsy; her ring was a big inspiration for mine.

And now some pictures. I may need to get a new camera to do justice to my new ring!

new_ring_setting_217.jpg

sk_setting_153.jpg

sk_setting_158.jpg

sk_setting_168.jpg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I badly need a manicure before I can post handshots so my 4-year-old offered to be a hand model for now but I'll add more handshots later.

sk_setting_116.jpg

sk_setting_131.jpg

sk_setting_111.jpg

sk_setting_063.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Of course it is marvellous! Wear it in health!

cheers--Sharon

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! You must be thrilled you decided to go with a halo! :appl:

novicediamond

Shiny_Rock
Ohh! Its totally gorgeous!, congratulations you must be delighted. I LOVE the detail on the gallery (hope thats the correct term!) its really classy yet unique, the proportions are perfect. I too am waiting on a Tacori plan shank halo, I love the plain shank one's :)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh MY!!! Alene, that's GORGEOUS!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the gallery- those bezelled melee are perfect! such a stunning ring - enjoy enjoy enjoy!!! :appl:

Awesome experience you had - how exciting to get it back ahead of time, too. I know how every second without it, seems to take forever - well worth the (brief!) wait!!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
WoW! WoW! WoW! :love: :love: :love: That is simply suberbly gorgeous! The gallery is stunning. Looking forward to more pics and some hand shots.

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Whoa that looks awesome. I love the bottom, it's so beautiful. Please post hand shots!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
So beautiful! I love the plain shank - to my eye it really makes the center stone pop even more.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful reset! I love the gallery and the plain shank. And your stone looks HUGE :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a lot bigger w/ the halo now! Great design on the stems, too! Please post handshots soon!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for the complements, everyone! I finally have hand shots to add. First the before and after comparison. The difference is just incredible. I didn't choose a halo setting specifically to increase the size and wanted the most delicate halo possible but it definitely makes the diamond pop.

edit.jpg

phone_pics_374.jpg

phone_pics_367.jpg

phone_pics_370.jpg

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And with the wedding band. For reference, the ring size is 5.75. Steven initially made it a "tight" 6 but because of the extra space on top, it was too big. He sized it down when we came to pick it up and it now fits perfectly.

phone_pics_365.jpg

phone_pics_361.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tuckins1|1341765776|3230546 said:
This is so beautiful!!! I absolutely love the gallery!!! :love:

Me too, it's exquisite!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO SO SO gorgeous!!!!!! btw - where's that beach in your avatar?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its beautiful with your wedding band!!!! Such a perfect set!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

You have a gorgeous ring - I love all the pictures :sun:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How beautiful!!! I love the plain shank! :love: :love: It makes the center POP! so much! And I love that gallery! It's so unique! :appl:

angietime

Rough_Rock
that's really beautiful. what an amazing combination, between a beautiful center stone and that mounting!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, thank you, thank you everyone for your kind words! I'm really thrilled with the ring and am enjoying it more that I thought I would.

Novicediamond- which plain shank Tacori are you getting? I've tried on and loved several, including 2620 and 2639. I can't wait to see yours!

Mowtownmama - the beach in my avatar is Grand Cayman. The picture is now two years old, my kids were not even two yet and now they're turning 4! I should update it but I just think it's too cute.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Alene, you nailed it! :love: It looks absolutely amazing! I love how your original wedding ring still looks as though it was made to match! You did a fantastic job, I'm thrilled for you!!! :love: :love: :love:

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
Wow! It really does appear to have grown! It turned out beautifully. Happy anniversary! Love the picture of the ring on your baby's finger so cute!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
It's stunning!! The gallery is so creative without being "gimmicky" and goes perfectly with your wedding band! Love it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results