shape
carat
color
clarity

My square H&A cushion is here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

teetee

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to share some photos before it is sent off to be set. This is a square H&A cushion brilliant from GOG. Specs: 0.94ct H VS1 5.57mm x 5.58mm x 3.95mm. I plan to set it in the Ritani micropave setting.

I am a novice at photography so here are the best ones that I could get.

PS- thanks to Gyspy and Sappergirl for helping me pick the stone.

IMG_2109.jpg

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Last one...the required hand shot
21.gif

IMG_2120.jpg

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
30.gif
it looks so BIG on your hand. What size ring are you?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, look how BRIGHT that stone is! It just leaps out of the phots! Can''t wait to see it set in the Ritani!! It''s going to look amazing! And you are more than welcome!! Beautiful!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty stone! I cannot wait to see the completed ring!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YUM YUM YUM!!!!! i LOVE the square H&As and in a RITANI HALO....... YUM YUM YUM!!!!
18.gif

txideal

Rough_Rock
What a beautiful stone with lots of fire! I''m considering an upgrade from my RB H&A that I also bought from GOG. I''ve tried on some Rect Mod Brill from Tiffany''s and their square shaped stone was fabulous! I want the fire from a RB but with a square shape. GOG has so many choices that it''s hard to choose.

I would love to see more shots of your stone to see more of the shape. From their photos that they post in the tutorial, the differences seem very slight. Does your stone resemble a radiant shape more or does it look like a RB with slight square edges? Also, how do you think it compares to a RB with a comparable ct wt.? Does it face up as large? Any tips that you can offer would be great! Congrats on finding such a beautiful stone! Can''t wait to seet the finished product on your finger!

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
SWOoN! Your cushion is beeeeeee-eau-tiful! I can''t wait to see it in the Ritani! I''m also getting the Endless love w/o Halo for my square cushion. We''ll be ring twins! Will you be getting the matching band with it?!? And to second DMB, what ring size are you? It does indeed look honkin on your hand!

BTW - I love your kitty!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
She's not getting a halo, guys. Don't know where that came from.

Novo-esque. The Ritani is on the bottom and the top is the Novo setting.

novo-vs-ritani-heads.jpg

yamsicle

Rough_Rock
Great pics Gypsy!

I''m confused! I didn''t think TeeHee was getting the Halo. . .

The Ritani w/o halo is just so elegant and aesthetically unified. In my opinion the Novo looks clunky compared to the fluid lines of the Ritani!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful cushion and a gorgeous Ritani in which to set it
36.gif

I''m so happy for you, and did not know that GOG has Ritani settings available.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty
36.gif
I love the brilliance and fire... it''s going to look amazing when it''s set!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, beautiful. can''t wait to see the ring complete. we''re always directed folks who love the novo but not the price to GOG for the square H&A''s and the Ritani as something similar. I love the square H&A''s
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH WOW!!! It''s a gorgeous stone, can''t wait to see it once it''s all done. Love the setting you picked, you must be sooo excited!!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/7/2007 8:21:58 PM
Author: Kaleigh
OH WOW!!! It''s a gorgeous stone, can''t wait to see it once it''s all done. Love the setting you picked, you must be sooo excited!!
30.gif
30.gif
Ditto!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty stone. I can''t wait to see it set!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone for the nice replies. I am delighted about the stone, it is more amazing in person than I thought it would be.

To answer some general questions - my ring size is 5.5 and I am setting it in the Ritani endless love semi-mount without the halo. It is the bottom one in the photo that Gypsy posted. I don''t think GOG carries Ritani but come to think of it, we didn''t even ask. I wanted to purchase the setting from my local BBB so that I could get it serviced if needed.

DMBsGirl - Thanks for saying it looks big. I have to admit that I thought it kinda looked small in the box but it appears to be the perfect size on my hand
21.gif

txideal - Have you seen the videos on the GOG site? Those really helped me make the decision to go with the sq. H&A over a RB. I had never considered fancy shapes in the past because I always thought they would not sparkle as much as a round...well this sq. H&A fit exactly what I wanted - a unique shape that was just as brilliant and sparkly as an ideal round. I don''t think I''ve seen a radiant cut in person before but I''m pretty sure the sq. H&A is more like a RB with square edges along with all the brightness and fire. Mine definitely faces up smaller than a RB of the same weight but I''m okay with that. These seem to be cut deeper than RBs.

yamsicle - cool, I found a ring twin
21.gif
, when is your ring going to be done? They told me it can take up to 8 weeks but most likely 4-6. I did actually end up getting the WB today as well because they gave us a deal and I wanted to make sure both were made at the same time so that they can match perfectly. I asked them to find out if Ritani could make the WB a tiny bit thinner to match the e-ring. They are also going to see if Ritani can make the e-ring full eternity to match the WB.

mrssalvo - where do you think I got the idea
9.gif
. Actually you don''t know this but you have been very inspirational in my ring decisions. I remember reading your threads last year and they were very insightful. They really helped me decide on the Ritani setting...the part that changed was going from a RB to the sq. H&A. BTW, did you find the perfect setting for your upgrade stone?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
That is one beautiful looking diamond :) and the sizing on your finger is just superb they look made for each other :) :)

That is going to be one amazing ring when it is finished :D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results