shape
carat
color
clarity

My split shank RHR - V-day present!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
My sweet guy gave me a RHR for a surprise V-day present! It''s an 18K white gold split shank with pave diamonds only on half of the ring. The head of the ring is a platinum 6-prong "Tiffany-inspired" setting. There''s also a tiny "surprise" diamond embedded in the back of the ring that''s so cute (the picture of that didn''t turn out well). The diamond itself is a 1.5 carat, VS1, G color, ideal cut stone. Not sure on the details of the pave set diamonds.

I am really happy and just wanted to "show off" a little.
1.gif
Thanks for letting me post!

IMG_9216.jpg

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! that''s your RHR??? Waaaaaaaaaay bigger than most e-rings! congrats! it''s beautiful
1.gif

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Lucky girl! That ring is beautiful. (I feel the green-eyed monster slowly waking and rearing its head.....) Just kidding, your ring is gorgeous!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
Wow....its so pretty!!!

and on Valentines day....awwwwww....

[sighs] how romantic. you are lucky!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Your guy is really sweet to give you that! What a beautiful ring! Love the setting and ADORE the sizze of that rock!
30.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Bloody hell! If that''s your RHR what have you got on the left hand!

You go girl!!! It looks fabulous!

Blod
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, very nice V-day present. That's a huge rock. Was the setting custom made?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
just beautiful!!! what a lucky girl!!!! love it!
Tina

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty? Was is custom? Did Wink make it? Wow that is one heck of a RHR!!!!

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind words!

It is a custom setting by Mallinak Jewelers in Kirkland, WA. Frank did a *wonderful* job, and he''s great to work with.

We are actually working on an e-ring with Mallinak, and over the course of the last few months, we had decided to go with a sapphire center stone in a very traditional 3-stone setting. I had found a handful of funkier diamond settings that I liked, but none of them would look nice with a sapphire center. We were also worried that 20 years down the road, I would get bored of the setting and want it reset. We want the e-ring to be a "forever" ring.

Since I was pretty hands on with the e-ring (still waiting for that piece!!), my awesome guy decided to surprise me with this one. It''s a combination of all the other rings that I liked so much (split shank, tiffany 6-prong head, pave set diamonds, surprise diamond)! He left pave diamonds off the other half of the ring because he wanted it to look more RHR''ish so it wouldn''t compete with the sapphire one.

I can''t stop playing with it. I hope I can get some work done eventually.
11.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
LUCKY!!!!!
Make sure and post the ering when you get that one.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very lucky! How sweet of your FI. He obviously is planning on spoiling you! Congratulations!

kittycatsmac

Shiny_Rock
If that''s your RHR I sure can''t wait to see your ering!!!!!!! post pics on top of pics of both!
36.gif
35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! What a stunning RHR, you lucky girl!!! Wear it in good health!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
VEEEERRRRRYYY Nice. And when I say "very nice," what I mean is WAAAHHHH!!! I want one.

Seriously, it''s gorgeous you lucky girl.

shay

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s AMAZING! So pretty and unusual. You must be so excited, especially with the e-ring coming up soon too!

Unrelated question - is that an American Eskimo Dog in your avatar? I think they are so cute!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's a helluva RHR - more like the size of a substantial ering stone!!!! It's beautiful! Love the split shanks and that big sparkler in the middle!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Now that is some Valentine''s Day gift! What a pretty setting and that is one big right hand ring diamond you''ve got there.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
geez! that''s the rhr? I''d love to see the ering!
this is very nice

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
We are both really excited about the e-ring. This is the first time my guy''s given a ring to anyone before, so it just feels really special. I definitely feel like the luckiest person - and not because he gives me shiny things! :)

And, yes, that''s my little Eskie! He''s a miniature and is already 9 years old. He used to go to class with me when I was in college. . . I wish he could come to work with me too!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I still can''t get over how pretty that ring is
9.gif
Maybe I need a RHR like that...
27.gif
11.gif
now I just have to convince my FI
2.gif

I take it you are fond of your Eskie? I''ve recently fallen in love with the breed and I''ve been reading a lot about them. My FI and I are hoping to move into a place next that allows dogs, and I''d love to get an Eskie. My only concern is about how it would do with our two cats, but they are supposed to be good with cats, especially if you get a puppy. Did you get yours as a puppy or full grown?

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
I love my Eskie to death. I am allergic to 75% of dogs out there, and they tend to be more "hypoallergenic" than other dogs (because they don''t produce as much dander). Most of my friends also don''t have a reaction to him, which is great. I got mine as an adult (didn''t have time to train a puppy when I was in college), and he was already trained. Woohoo! Unfortunately, he had some abuse issues, so I had to work submissive urination and general anxiety issues out of him. But now he''s pretty outgoing and really enjoys going to the dog park. One interesting fact (I think it''s a plus) - they tend to be 1 or 2 people dogs. They take a while to warm up to new people. Some owners don''t like this about their dogs, but I don''t have to worry that he''ll run away with someone else.

Now, the downfall with eskies - they blow their coats once or twice a year, so you''ll need a large vacuum bag! If you brush them, then it minimizes the shedding, but even when he''s not blowing, I am constantly finding little balls of fuzz in the corners. I am ok with this, but I know it would drive some people nuts. Also, the miniatures tend to be more skittish than the standard size ones. When it''s time for a new dog (I know, I am so morbid), I will look for a standard adult with a great temperment.

Random sweet story - I met my FI at work. One Saturday (we''re forced to work weekends about once every two months in our line of work) after we both had just started on the team, we were in a meeting, and I had my dog with me (I figure if they make me work on a Sat, that''s what they have to live with - snotty_pie in pajamas and a dog). Usually he lies quietly next to my feet, like in college, but in this meeting, he kept walking up to this guy and sitting down next to him! I would call him back and make him sit, but he kept going back to get pet by this other guy! It was just crazy seeing how standoffish my dog usually is toward people, especially men. It took a while for my FI and me to get together after that, but I like to think that my dog knew what was good for me *way* before I did.
30.gif

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Oh one more thing. My dog is actually scared of cats. I''m not sure if it''s the breed or just his abusive background, but once I took him to a friend''s house, and their 6-toed cat swatted him on the nose. He sat next to the front door for the rest of the evening and was shaking. LOL! What a wuss!

But I think if you get them as puppies, they can pretty much adapt to anything.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks - that is really awesome information. The more I find out about these dogs the more I think they are a perfect fit for me. Now I just have to find an apartment that takes dogs...

One thing I do worry about is that my schedule and FI''s are both pretty busy and unpredictable. Do you ever have to leave your dog at home all day, and if so, how does the dog do? I know with cats its not a problem, but I worry about it a lot more with a dog.

That is SO CUTE about your FI and your dog - I think animals often know better than people
1.gif
2.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snotty Pie, love the name, the ring, and the dog!
emteeth.gif
Looks like you''re in for a lifetime of luxury with your man! Can''t wait to see your e-ring when it''s finished!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results