shape
carat
color
clarity

My round solitaire with surprise diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snofy

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve posted here asking for advice some time ago and I''ve finally got my ring recently. Very happy with the ring but I think I''m already suffering a little from the shrinking diamond problem!

The diamond is 0.614ct H VS2 round H&A and it''s mounted on white gold setting. Nothing fancy for the ering but I''m pretty satisfied with the ring, considering the budget that I was working on. Anyway, I''m already looking forward to working on the wedding band. I''m thinking of getting an eternity band so that the whole set will not look so bland. My budget will be around 1k probably, any advice on where to find a good deal on that?

Thanks,
snofy

IMG_0951.JPG

snofy

Rough_Rock
Oopps... so sorry! Didn''t realize the pic is going to be so huge :)

The rest of the pictures here:

IMG_0952.JPG

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty side view Snofy.
very nice ring.

Scintillating...

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Very nice! I dig the surprise diamonds. I love that you caught the the arrows on camera. It doesn't look too plain at all, but an eternity band would compliment it nicely.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a beautiful stone and I love the surprise diamond.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very pretty snofy

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Sooo gorgeous!!! I love it!!! Signed Pieces has some really nice eternity bands that would be within your budget... here''s the link!!
2.gif

Signed Pieces Eternity Bands

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I love it!!! It''s not bland at all. I love solitaires with a twist and the surprise diamonds definitely give it some pizazz. I bet having a H&A makes your stone look tons bigger than the average stone of that size.
I second the recommendation of signed pieces. I bet you can get a great eternity band (shared prong or channel) for your budget.
Just thinking out loud, it would also be cool to try to do an eternity band (or diamonds in front band) of bezeled stones, to match your suprise diamonds. I have not seen one like that though. Maybe someone else has, if you like the idea.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful and the *surprise* ads a wonderful touch!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Ooo! I think it''s very pretty. I too love that surprise diamond! It looks perfect.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s sooooo pretty. definitely check out signed pieces for a wedding band. also, Pearlman''s has this one in WG for $750

link to ring

06EE13.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, very pretty ring. It looks great on the hand too. More pics please.

shay

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a lovely, lovely ring and the surprise diamond adds a nice touch!

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty. I like how the shank tapers in close to the diamond.

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
I love the setting, and the surprise diamond !! An eternity band will match it very well...
30.gif
30.gif

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
congrats! its a beautiful stone...love that arrows shot....and the surprise diamond too!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. The setting really shows off your stone.

I have seen an eternity band with bezel set RB stones. It was somewhere in SMTR. I''ll think about where it might be. That would be a cool look with this setting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful classic ring! It''s going to look great with an eternity band.

snofy

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the compliments! I''m really glad you guys love the ring as well. Now I''m so eager to get the eternity band as well. Saw the one on pearlman, beautiful! And at that price, it''s really affordable. Signed Pieces has got more selection though, so I''m gonna look around more before deciding. And that bezel idea is neat though I haven''t seen such band anywhere too.

Now I''m abit worried that the eternity band might not match the ering since there will be a gap near the centre where the ring tapered in. Plus, I''ve read in other threads that the eternity band prongs might damage the ering... and the palm side of the band could be easily damaged. So now I''m considering half eternity band as well.

Does anyone has pictures of eternity band with plain solitaires? I really want to see how it looks like before making the decision, or perhaps I should really make a trip to the store.

snofy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/29/2006 10:21:37 PM
Author: Sundial
That is a lovely, lovely ring and the surprise diamond adds a nice touch!
Ditto! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

CT026

Rough_Rock
Your ring is very beautiful and the setting very unique!! I think shrinkage is par for the course but I would not part with your fabulous piece!!
35.gif

kgwen

Rough_Rock
Hi-- Congrats! Lovely ring! Regarding the wedding band with e-ring-- I have the fine line by Le from Whiteflash. It tapers in also, but some people say that is good with a shared-prong wedding band, b/c there is less rubbing of the setting. I have a 0.02 carat 3/4 eternity band custom made from Whiteflash. It looks delicate but is quite sturdy and doesn''t take away from the solitaire. Here''s the link to the pics. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pics-of-my-wf-fine-line-e-ring-and-wf-w-band.45813/
Sorry some of them are too big!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats...your ring is beautiful
30.gif

I have a cathedral setting for my solataire with a channel set eternity. I really love the one posted from Pearlmans
30.gif
I tried on shared prong but for my lifestyle the channel set was best suited for me (two small children and always banging my hands). I did lose one of the diamonds already but since I only had it a short time they just gave me a new ring since it was my size on the spot.
Here is one of my picture threads that shows the set together:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-pictures-of-my-infinity-diamond.46504/page-2
Hope this helps you get a big of a visual. I really like the set posted above...kgwen has a very nice ring and her eternity band is an excellent compliment
30.gif

Good luck on your search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results