shape
carat
color
clarity

My Rose-Cut Eternity Band

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, wanted to share my new eternity band, which I am so excited about! I've been looking for the right band for a long time. I wasn't looking for something to wear with my engagement ring because it's an antique and I don't want to risk wear and tear on it, but I did want something with an antique feel to it so that even if the eternity ring didn't pair with my engagement ring, it would still conjure up the same vibe.

I must have tried on dozens (if not a hundred) bands over the past couple of years, and there were quite a few I really liked, especially antique square French-cut bands. But nothing gave me the feeling my engagement ring had, of seeing it and instantly thinking this is the ring that makes my heart sing. And then, one day last summer, a friend dragged me into... Tiffany.

Truth be told, Tiffany wasn't even on my radar. I've always loved antiques, and when I haven't chosen an antique, I've generally gone for custom work and preferred to forgo name brands for satisfying my own persnickety preferences about quality and aesthetics. So it was a complete surprise to me to slip on a rose-cut band from the Tiffany Metro collection and feel that thrill that I had been looking for.

There was a bit of drama in actually buying the ring-- my husband and I wanted to wait for our anniversary and Tiffany discontinued the style in the meantime, assuring me in a bizarre customer service email that "this item is no longer available for purchase at any retail locations, online or over the phone with a sales professional." We went in a bit of a panic to our local store and were assured by the perplexed sales manager that if they had the ring in the store they would be more than happy to sell it to us, and thankfully they had two remaining, one of which was my size.

I wish I could capture the special magic of rose-cut diamonds on camera. I would have expected rose-cut diamonds to be like shards of glass because of their light-leakage. Nothing could be further from reality! They shimmer in the most entrancing way, throwing out huge rainbows and panes of white light like my OEC, but at a much more serene pace-- it's a little like watching a disco ball slowly turn. It's an eye-catcher in any lighting situation I've encountered thus far, and even at the end of the day when it's a bit smudged. There is also a "watery" quality to the cut, a purity and translucency that reminds me a little bit of a Golconda diamond I was once lucky enough to try on.

I love that the diamonds are set so that they peek up over the sides of the setting, creating sparkle from the sides and also showing small variations in the profiles of the diamonds. Apparently (if the New York Times is to be believed) modern rose-cuts must still be hand-cut and polished, so these little variations will occur even when the stones are well-matched from the top view. =)

Now I'm wondering what rose-cut studs would be like.... :naughty:

fullsizerender__37_.jpg

fullsizerender__38_.jpg

img_13058.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! I would love to see some pictures with your ering! Congrats on finding what you wanted!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Dulcinea your ring is really, really gorgeous! I hope you can post LOTS more pics :appl: congratulations on finding such a perfect band :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I'm so glad you were able to find it and get the perfect band. I've seen this one in real life so I know what it sparkles like and your descriptions are spot-on.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I have seen that one before! :love: Can you post a picture looking straight down at it?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy you got exactly what you wanted!! :appl: so pretty!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! That looks like a fabulously low set eternity. I will look for it the next time I am in Tiffany.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congratulations.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! Your description makes me wish I could see this in person- I never knew Tiffany carried rose cut diamonds. Please post more photos!

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I agree with above, please please post more pictures. :appl: :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and feminine look. Would love to admire more pics from you.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Great ring, I think it might be my all time favorite Tiffany band- and your description of the sparkle is tantalizing!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, thank you for all your sweet comments! The excitement of getting new jewelry is definitely increased by sharing with other jewelry-lovers. =)

I've added a few more photos that show the setting a little bit better. I still wish I could find a way to capture the sparkle. Maybe one day there will be a way to post videos on PriceScope; I also have some great videos of OECs throwing out rainbows that would be fun to share!

fullsizerender_32.jpg

_38469.jpg

img_13114.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely graceful ring. So pretty! :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Dulcinea! :wavey:
LOVELOVELOVE your new ring.
I have admired that particular one many times in the past.. the rose cutting is just so unusual and beautiful.
Enjoy!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results