shape
carat
color
clarity

My reset three prong martini earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my story:

I have two carat diamond earrings - one carat each. They were in a traditional four prong setting and have been for several years. I liked the mountings but hated the droop - especially because I use the phone alot at work. I always felt like I was clawing the earring off my ear. When I learned about the three prong martini setting, I decided to give it a whirl.

I went back to the jeweler that sold me the earrings and looked at catalogs but never did find them. So, I called Whiteflash and spoke to Denise about purchasing the mountings and having them reset the diamonds. She suggested that I just buy the mountings outright from them and have them set locally to save on shipping and insurance back and forth (although if I couldn''t find anyone to set them they would). So I went back to the jeweler and asked them if they would do this and they said yes. So the mountings were shipped - very quickly I might add - and then off to the jeweler. I just got them back a few days ago and really like them! They definitely stop the droop factor. I am going to attach before and after pics - the ones on the ear are not the best but I hope you get the idea of the different look.

Many thanks to Whiteflash for their help. Denise even emailed me to find out if I had gotten them set and asked for pictures. I emailed her pictures this morning.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not terrific lighting for the new one on the ear . . . but they do look nice and I am very pleased with the end result. I may try to get more pics later.

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE them! They look great!
30.gif

Now I want to change my earring settings to that!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
That is a huge difference. I love them.

Shay

fancyrock

Brilliant_Rock
They are just so beautiful....

i''m not an earring gal, although my husband has been trying to get me to wear them more often. Then he told the ladies in his family.... I have a feeling I will be getting some earrings for Christmas. I have 3 holes on each ear. That is a lot of holes to fill with BLING.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Awesome MGR.
They look great. I''m glad you stopped the droop factor.

(please give the stats- I''ll enter these babies in the folder)

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you finally got these, MGR. I like the less-metal look so much. Can you take a pic of the martinis from the side? Not in the ear of course. Do the settings have a flat bottom or do they come to a point where they meet the post? Hope that makes sense.

peachy

Shiny_Rock
Just love them. Less metal, and a superb size on your ears. Enjoy!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them too! They do look so much bigger in the new mounting.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
very classy....they look great!
36.gif

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
MissGotRocks:

Your new earrings are beautiful. I also had baskets that drooped and therefore never worn. I haven''t taken my new earrings out since I got them.

Congratulations!

Roppongi

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone - I appreciate your kind comments!

Sevens One - These are not certed stones - appraised by jeweler as H-I color, SI1 stones.

Miss DiamondLil - here is a not so good side shot. . .

sideshot.jpg.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome earrings and I love them in the new martini settings. They really do look bigger and they are perfect on your ears!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning, love them...the martinis are the best for making the diamonds look huge!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful! I love how they don''t droop!

Are they yellow gold or white gold or platinum? I can''t tell.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2005 8:14:22 PM
Author: MissGotRocks

Miss DiamondLil - here is a not so good side shot. . .
Thanks a bunch. I love them!
30.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
wow, who would''ve thought such a seemingly minor alteration could make such a drastic difference! I absolutely ADORE them!

feathers

Rough_Rock
Hmm...I can see the difference but can someone explains why a basket setting droops and martini setting doesn''t? Is the martini setting lower? Thanks!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All I can say is wow!!!! I am a huge fan of the martini setting. They look fab on you!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone - I couldn''t help but wonder if I would be wasting my time or money or be unhappy with the outcome - sometimes its best to leave things alone - but I really am pleased with them! If you have ever thought of resetting earrings, go for it. I don''t think you''ll be sorry.

Feathers - The three prongs vs. the four prongs make a wider space for the diamond to sit in therefore bringing them in closer to the ear. The bottom of the mounting also comes to more of a point as opposed to a flat surface that the four prong setting created.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
They are gorgeous. I LOVE the new martini setting--makes them look huge and no drooping!!! Congratulations!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What a difference! I remember you talking about the droop! Congratulations.
36.gif

Gemklctr

Shiny_Rock
Great look MGR. You just convinced me to do the same for my wife, who continually complains about "droop."

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
MGR,

The martini setting makes the diamonds look so much larger! Great job!! And the droop is gone, so it looks even brighter!
36.gif

You''re a lucky gal, those are beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results