shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My reset - solitaire to halo

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I am so very pleased with my new setting. A big thank you to David Klass for putting up with my indecision and being freaking awesome.

I will start from the beginning.

My mom gave me one of her rings when I announced my engagement many many moons ago. She let me choose out of her amazing collection. I kick myself now for not going for the 2ct rock when it was offered, but I was young and didn't feel like it suited me.

So here is mom's ring:
img_1408.jpg img_1409.jpg

I adored this ring, but after wearing it awhile (and finding this site), I came to a few conclusions:
- I'm not the biggest fan of princess cuts
- The setting was too high profile and a bit uncomfortable
- No bands seemed to sit well with the setting.

So I stopped wearing it and found other jewels to wear in it's place. I never wanted to mess with it because it was my mom's ring. But after speaking with her, she gave me the all clear to reset the stone.

So I began my journey. Not loving princess cuts, I decided I wanted to wear it as a pendant. so DK made me the pendant I asked for and I hated it. :sick: But DK being the stand up guy he is, said no worries, we can start from scratch. So we went back to the drawing board and came up with a Megan Thorne inspired design to go with my Megan Thorne band. Keep in mind I never paid a penny until I was happy with the finished product. I love DK and can't say enough great things about him!

Specs on the new ring:
18k Yellow Gold
0.19cts G VS halo stones
0.85ct G I1 princess cut (I1 due to one visible inclusion, but otherwise a very well cut stone)
Size 6

img_3985_zps4a059bce.jpg img_3988_zpsd23ffe2d.jpg img_3992_zps95defbb3.jpg img_3994_zps724d8bc2.jpg

I have a million more photos that I'm trying to upload. so stay tuned.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA!!! How COOOOOOOOL is that halo!?!?! That's awesome, lorrissey! I love the rich YG and the princess on point looks incredible!! And the milgrain on the halo --- TDF!! Its amazing!! I'm sure you're mom can't believe its the same stone now!

Enjoy this beauty! :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it doesn't even look like the same diamond! It's great that the diamond is a family heirloom!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a very unique design! I'm loving the change to yellow gold! Wear it in health ~

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies!

I'm over the moon with this ring. My mom gets to see it this weekend. I cannot wait to show it to her.

AND yes, the stone looks so much nicer. In the solitaire, I could spot the inclusion every time. But now in the halo, I kind of have to squint and hunt for it to find it. I was really worried with the closed off basket that the I1 grading would make the stone not as sparkly or look dirty or something, but it shines like mad and just overall think it looks one million times better.

I know this isn't everyone's style, but I LOVE it and very glad that others find it as cool as I do too.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my gosh how fantastic! and what a change!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
What an awesome design! I love it!!!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous change!!! It really sets the stone off now! :love:

Junebug and Enerchi- do y'all still need convincing about halos???? :Up_to_something:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love every single thing about this ring!!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty :love: and goes perfect with your new band. I love DK, he really goes the extra mile to make sure we are happy customers. :appl:

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So very pretty! And love love love the fluted metal-work!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning!! I love the yellow gold. David is terrific, isn't he?!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty and unique! I have never seen a princess cut set like that, it looks really great.

I love the yellow gold too. I am a huge yellow gold fan. It is the one thing that temps me to reset: A yellow gold mount.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most beautiful princess halo I have ever seen! Love the yg and setting the stone on the point. It looks three times its original size. Mom is gonna want it back!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1374023548|3484438 said:
Very pretty and unique! I have never seen a princess cut set like that, it looks really great.

I love the yellow gold too. I am a huge yellow gold fan. It is the one thing that temps me to reset: A yellow gold mount.

me too! i think about it all the time.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel|1374023803|3484445 said:
Dreamer_D|1374023548|3484438 said:

me too! i think about it all the time.

Me three! I even have a little design in my mind.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Great reset!! Totally turns it into a new ring and love the unique arrangement.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
NonieMarie|1374023097|3484430 said:
Very pretty :love: and goes perfect with your new band. I love DK, he really goes the extra mile to make sure we are happy customers. :appl:

Laila619|1374023499|3484437 said:
It's absolutely stunning!! I love the yellow gold. David is terrific, isn't he?!

He really does go the distance.

In fact, the 2 gold colors don't match. DK's gold is much more luxe and a true bright gold color. The MT band is a touch darker and more copper. I know the 2 colors are going to kill me, so I let DK know that I would be coming to him soon for a band in the same matching gold color. He said he was going to make some for stock and to send a photo of the style I was thinking about and he would make it in my size, so if I decided to buy it, it'd be ready to go in my size. <-- that's awesome! I'm sure I'll see and love it and be doomed to buy it. haha.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
AprilBaby|1374023772|3484444 said:
Most beautiful princess halo I have ever seen! Love the yg and setting the stone on the point. It looks three times its original size. Mom is gonna want it back!

I was thinking the same thing! Mom is gonna want to trade me for one of her other rings. haha.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
wow! so imaginative and retro-cool... fantastic reset! :D

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bastetcat|1374022563|3484423 said:
Junebug and Enerchi- do y'all still need convincing about halos???? :Up_to_something:

:lol: When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was "oh no, another gorgeous halo to torture and tempt me!!!" :cheeky: And I was right! Your reset is just amazing lorrissey, it is unique and so special - a really fabulous transformation, and I think your mother is going to be blown away!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooops! I just lost my jaw...it dropped when i saw your ring :o :o :o :o This is the most amazing transformation that i've ever seen in my life :shock: I mean, seriously, this doesn't get any better than that!!! No other setting would have showcased your stone in a better way...The rich color of the yellow gold looks amazing...The milgrain, the halo...everything is just...PERFECT :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
That's such an amazing reset that I thought I'm pretty speachless.... but I'm now quoting motownmama: "Coolest halo ever!" :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results