shape
carat
color
clarity

My Remade Wedding Band!!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As you may know, I've had wedding band issues this past year. Diamonds falling out of the band, finding out it came back bent from the jeweler... I was so fed up I decided to have the band completely remade. For the remake, I decided to go to BGD to have a matching Novela made used with the diamonds of my old band. There was even some drama with that! Four of the stones from the old band were too small to fit into my new band - that just added to the agitation I had with the old band. I was so ready to be rid of it and start all over.

Well, three months later, after all the insurance stuff and etc, the band was completed. I almost didn't get to Fedex on Thursday night to pick up the band, but man, I made it! I am totally thrilled with the finished product!!! Sorry, there are no pictures of the box - I was way too impatient to get the sucker open!

Now, for the pictures of the new band!

BrianGavin_NovelaBand1b_102710.jpg

BrianGavin_NovelaBand2b_102710.jpg

BrianGavin_NovelaBand3b_102710.jpg

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And now for the handshots! Since the weather has been crummy, there are no sunshine shots :(

But, the ring sparkles like mad!!!

My hats off to the Brian Gavin team, and to Lesley with helping me throughout this process! I am absolutely pleased and giddy about the complete set. It's so much blingage!!!

And, to end this really awesome week, the Giants are 2-0 in the World Series, and DH got a new job!!! Yayyyy!!!!!

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1606.JPG

photo(2).JPG

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Shots taken with the iPhone. Not too bad, I have to say.

photo(3).JPG

photo(4).JPG

photo(5).JPG

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Your remade band is gorgeous!!! And it looks perfect with your e-ring! :love: :love:

Do you mind me asking how wide is your wedding band and how large are the diamonds?

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it's beautiful!!! It looks perfect with your e-ring!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Looks great! I'm glad the drama is over and you can enjoy your set!! :appl:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great and I love the size.

Lew Lew

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! :love: I love the Novela, and I've been waiting to see the e-ring with the matching wedding band. Thank you for the pics and the review. So it doesn't need a spacer band? That's good to know!

chiquitapet said:
Your remade band is gorgeous!!! And it looks perfect with your e-ring! :love: :love:

Do you mind me asking how wide is your wedding band and how large are the diamonds?

I'm wondering about this too. And how wide/how large are the diamonds on the shank of your e-ring.

ztajanice

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!!! It looks fabulous!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lew Lew said:
Beautiful! :love: I love the Novela, and I've been waiting to see the e-ring with the matching wedding band. Thank you for the pics and the review. So it doesn't need a spacer band? That's good to know!

chiquitapet said:

I'm wondering about this too. And how wide/how large are the diamonds on the shank of your e-ring.

Tuckins, San Diego Lady, Diamondrnglover, Reader, Oranges, lkn, btrfly, gemgirl, Tigian, OCmom, zta, Lew lew, and chiquitapet, thanks for the compliments and cheers! It was totally worth the wait!

Lew lew and chiquita, the Novela uses 2 pointers on the shank. While the matching Novela wedding band also uses 2 pointers, my old wedding band used 5 pointers. However, it still works in the Novela band, which surprised me. When the new band came, I never thought it would be so low - it's very comfortable that way. Also, because it's wider, it substantial enough to stand on its own.

cushionladyESQ

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very lovely! Your set looks great together!

P.S. Go Giants!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and so sparkly!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OCmom3xboys said:
Did BG use your existing stones for the re-set?

OCmom, they did. I was wondering about how they arranged it, and Lesley told me that alternated one of my stones with a BG stone.

2010 World Series Champions!

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
Freaking awesome! :love:

It looks like the band is a tad bit thicker than the e-ring, correct? I have no idea about bands, but I'm assuming it's common for them not to be matchy matchy with the engagement ring measurements?

Really loving every image I see of BGD products

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Anonymous6|1292125450|2794612 said:

It looks like the band is a tad bit thicker than the e-ring, correct? I have no idea about bands, but I'm assuming it's common for them not to be matchy matchy with the engagement ring measurements?

actually it is common for them to be matchy matchy with the engagement ring measurements. I think if you wanted though, you could ask BGD to make a band with 5-pointers?

Yimmers this set is lovely!!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It turned out amazing and it looks beautiful with your ER :appl: And congrats on your husband getting a new job ;))

Anonymous6

Shiny_Rock
slg47|1292131224|2794665 said:

actually it is common for them to be matchy matchy with the engagement ring measurements. I think if you wanted though, you could ask BGD to make a band with 5-pointers?

Yimmers this set is lovely!!!!

What do you mean 5 pointers?

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Hi Anon,

Some people like them matchy matchy, others don't. I actually find a lot of people here tend to match. The wedding band is thicker because the old band was paired with an old e-ring setting. We happened to use .05 carat diamonds for the old wedding band (aka "5 pointers"). If both those settings were around when I was looking at e-rings, I would have chosen the matching width band, simply because I have meaty, shorter fingers. Having the wider band is nice to wear on its own, however.

I actually have the Novela e-ring, which I happened to notice that you just purchased. Your fiance is going to love it, as I do! The lady at Tiffany's noticed it was pretty spot on compared to their Novo. :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results