shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT My recut/reset heirloom Aquamarine.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 7:40:37 AM
Author:Ellen

My uncanny knack for having bad luck with jewelry managed to follow me through this process as well. So I will leave everything else for that, and this will be a happy thread!

Wow, Ellen, it is a happy thread! What a beauty. I am so happy for you. I quoted the statement above because I feel like the one with "uncanny knack for having bad luck with jewelry"! Personally, I am giving up on it. Your ring is gorgeous, and I''m so glad you are happy with it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ellen, what a beauty! I am so glad you had this done since it was your grandmother''s ring. Wear it in good health.

BTW, I have an old very large aqua ring that looks a lot like your original. Guess what I''m thinking about doing now?
9.gif

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
OH, that is lovely. Beautiful simplicity. I had asked a few months ago what would you get if you used diamond cutting methods on an aquamarine and now I see. That''s one of the prettiest rings I''ve ever seen.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Ellen, I LOVE your new ring!!!! What an awesome story!!!! The stone is just gorgeous, and the setting is perfect!! Enjoy it in much health and happiness always!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
OMG Ellen that is truly magnificent
30.gif
30.gif
what a beautiful way to showcase such a wonderful and special stone :). Just beautiful :)

The picture with your grandmother''s rocker in the background was especially sweet :).

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
oh ellen,

now i covet one of your rings....

absolutely beautiful.

the recut, the setting. pefect
30.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring COULD NOT be more perfect!!! I love the stone! I love the setting! I love the pic! More more more!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmph! Now. I''m. Not. Talking. To. You!!!!!!

Just in case you ever want to share that beauty though, I may be convinced to change my mind.

Seriously, that is the most GORGEOUS ring I''ve ever seen. I. Want. It. Please? It looks so stunning on your hand it leaves me speechless.
6.gif

I''m so happy for you that you finally have it how you''ve always wanted!

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Ellen, what a treat it was to wake up to all these amazing pictures of your new ring. It is absolutely breathtaking and beautiful from every angle. It probably didn't seem like such a blessing at the time, but THANK HEAVENS that stone ended up in Leon's hands because that setting could not be more perfect. Very sexy, smooooth and architectural. I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miss Ellen...I LOVE all the pics. the recut has proved to be a wonderful decision and it just couldn''t be more perfect in the Leon setting. The water pics are just amazingly beautiful!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
um.....

one word.......

Perfection!
emlove.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all, for your lovely comments!!

scarlet
, I had NO idea this stone would turn out this well, I mean, none. And yes, you should get one!!

iluvcarats, it is amazing, truly! lol

RoseRed, lol! Quick, show hubby.
9.gif
And thank you again!

Maise, it is indeed beautiful. Beyond words.
5.gif

BizouMom, I think she would be pleased too.
2.gif

Skippers, my confidant, thank you!! And no, I didn''t see one that compared to mine.
bat%20eyes3.gif

softly, thank you. I think so too.

Miss Lorelei, one of my biggest supporters through all this, thank you, for everything.
2.gif

claireabelle, it really does look much more elegant.
28.gif

Irish, no, she needs no help in the color department, even at her age.
9.gif
2.gif

stacy, I agree, it''s perfect!!

febbride, thanks. I do think she would be quite pleased with the result.
5.gif

Peachy, I am indeed enjoying it! The shank measure 2mm wide. The order was for a wider shank, which I wouldn''t really call that, but, I still love it. And Miss Skippy says it looks ok, so I am going to believer her.
4.gif

df, yes, this is what I had up my sleeve.
41.gif
Thanks!

Miss 7''s, your post made me laugh!!
2.gif
Thank you for your very enthusiastic words miss. And seriously, I would have posted sooner, but it was cloudy the day it came, and we did not have two sunny days together until just recently. Unbelievable for around here. So, I was just waiting on the weather!

Yes, I have wanted a Leon for awhile, and a stone cut by Richard. I just never dreamed they''d end up together. It''s a dream come true!!

Cachette, it WAS worth the wait, and ALL the trouble along the way. I can''t tell you how glad I am that I did this, it all turned out better than I ever expected! Richard just did an amazing job.

OFG, thank you sweetie. To be honest, in a way, I didn''t even want you to see this thread. I know where you are (well, except I''ve been looking for an update), and I SO want you to be where I am. I have to believe you will be eventually. {{hugs}}

marcy, lol, am I giving you ideas?!
9.gif
Go for it, I don''t think you''ll be sorry!!

tradergirl, beautiful simplicity is right. That''s how I like my jewelry, and this one did not dissapoint.

Dani and deelight, thank you!!

Eva dahling, NOW we are even, since you KNOW how much I covet your Radiant.
2.gif

Dee, thank you, my helpful friend.
2.gif
Actually, I have more pics I could have posted, but I was trying to keep it at a semi-obnxious level instead of totally obnoxious.
9.gif

Catmom, neener.
lol.gif
And no, you can''t have it. You have enough already miss.
11.gif
25.gif
And thank you again!
2.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
come one, give us totally obnoxious!!!!!!!!

the pix are magnifico
36.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely perfect!! The stone''s color is stunning and the setting is Leon perfection. It turned out amazing. Congrats.
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! THat is truly a beautiful aquamarine.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
btw, do you live in Va? And if so; how come we haven''t met??????
drinkingbuddies.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I loved it before, and I love it now. I guess that means I simple love it--period!!!! Congrats!!! It really is elegant and suits your hand perfectly.
36.gif

cheers--Sharon

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Holy smokes Ellen. This is pure perfection... The aqua recut, the setting ... I love it.
This is officially one of my top favorite rings on PS.
I''m glad it all worked out at the end... gorgeous ! Enjoy it my dear you deserve it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh Ellen!!!! It is completely exquisite!!!! I love it!

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
what a beautiful, classic ring -- I love the crown on that baby -- it''s just a beauty......
love1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ellen, it is absolutely DIVINE. The colour, the cut, the setting, the size, the moods, the FIRE (love that supernova pic
3.gif
)--all that wrapped up in a sentimental heirloom! It really is perfect.
1.gif

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:54:35 AM
Author: Ellen

OFG, thank you sweetie. To be honest, in a way, I didn''t even want you to see this thread. I know where you are (well, except I''ve been looking for an update), and I SO want you to be where I am. I have to believe you will be eventually. {{hugs}}
That''s okay; it is such a gorgeous ring, I am happy to see it. (I love aquamarines.) And so happy for you that it worked out. As for me, hopefully like you said (or echoed mrssalvo), I will eventually like the "RHR", (or if not, it has occured to me to try to consign it/sell it or something, down the road, even though I''m sure it''d be at a loss). And I don''t know if I''ll ever bother trying to reset my e-diamond once it''s back in the solitaire - certainly not soon. Imperfect though my YG solitaire is, and imperfect a match it is for my wedding band, I think I will just leave it there on my left hand and be happy that at least it''s a pretty diamond. This whole thing has just been too hard, plus we''ve already spent so much time & money, and I don''t know if my DH would ever spend more on a setting again after this fiasco. So I think I''ll just vicariously enjoy beautiful rings like yours, and be happy with what I have. Plus I must say, for me it is easier to be happy with heirloom rings like my DH''s grandmother''s (or your aqua!), than to try to find a "perfect" setting for my own e-diamond. The main thing I envy is that you got Q to give you a refund! But despite how my situation has gone, I am very happy that yours worked out so beautifully. It truly is gorgeous!!! I love how clean and sleek it is. Plus as always I have so appreciated your support thru this whole thing.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ellen, this ring could not be more perfect. It''s breathtaking. It just became a fast favorite. SPECTACULAR.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:22:35 AM
Ok, since it''s an Aqua, I thought it only fitting to do a short water series.
5.gif
9.gif
Finally! El, I''m happy for you -- both Richard and Leon did perfect jobs on your precious.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone!

pixley
, no, at the time it was more like a nightmare. lol But yes, things have a way of working out for the best, and this is a prime example.
2.gif

mrss, thank you. I really loved those water pics too, they changed the whole dynamic of the stone.

sevens, your comment means a lot, because lord knows (along with all of us) just how many rings you''ve seen!
9.gif
2.gif
And lol, I wish I lived near you!!

Eva, lol! We''ll see....

burke and vespergirl, thank you!!

Sharon, you love it. You really, really love it.
25.gif
9.gif

ahappygirl, thanks, I agree!

lesco, neatfreak, love and Gwen, thanks guys. I really am so happy with it!
yippee10.gif

OFG, thank you.
hug.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! Enjoy it Ellen!!!

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:54:35 AM

Miss 7''s, your post made me laugh!!
2.gif
Thank you for your very enthusiastic words miss. And seriously, I would have posted sooner, but it was cloudy the day it came, and we did not have two sunny days together until just recently. Unbelievable for around here. So, I was just waiting on the weather!

Yes, I have wanted a Leon for awhile, and a stone cut by Richard. I just never dreamed they''d end up together. It''s a dream come true!!
I don''t think you understand how "enthusiastic" I really was this morning, lol! I nearly shook my computer screen in the hopes that it just might fall out! It really was a thought in my mind until I snapped back to reality and realized it is a computer, duh
20.gif
Precious gemstones in fantastic settings don''t just pop out.
11.gif
but wouldn''t that be cool!
31.gif

Don''t worry, I''m really not *that* crazy
9.gif
but there is definitly something incredibly fantastic about your new ring. And your pictures are so amazing that it looks so real and so close!!
30.gif
30.gif

You did an amazing job capturing the life of this ring! Just wonderful!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! Dear Ellen, soooooooooooooo this is what you have been hiding!!!! Your new re-cut aqua is simply stunning!! I love it!!! It is just beautiful and I love the gorgeous pictures you took too. What a precious reminder of your dear grandmother. It is something you will treasure for the rest of your life.

Ellen, My grandmother passed away in 1988 and she left me her aquamarine ring too. My grandpa gave it to her in 1921

Linda

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 7:58:28 AM
Catching some early morning rays.
5.gif
BE STILL MY HEART!

Oh, Ellen, I have been waiting sooooooooooooooooooo long for this thread! LOL

Thanks for sharing this fantastic project with us. You know I''ve watched with rapt interest as my hubby''s birthstone is aqua and I''m hoping to one day sport a honking asscher cut aqua RHR.

This is just done to perfection.

Kudos for taking in all the opinions but ultimately letting your heart guide you as to what you knew you''d most want. The end result is spectacular!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:23:21 AM
El, this second water picture has to be in the TOP FIVE of prettiest photos ever posted on Pricescope. REALLY gorgeous!
Aqua7955.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results