shape
carat
color
clarity

My RB As A Solitaire...Waiting On Permanent Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
My jeweler was trying like the dickens to get my ring ready for me before we leave town tomorrow, but it wasn't to be. So, he set my diamond as a solitaire so I could wear it until we get back and it gets set into it's new home. Until then, I'm having fun getting used to the size and the sparkle!

I had a heck of a time trying to get the camera to show how beautiful this stone is and I think I finally got some decent shots when I went outside in the sun. I think I could get some even better ones if I took the time. So, here she is in all her glory!

Oh yes, stats......4.08 ct, I, SI2, size 5.5 finger!

hand shots 029 web small.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, enjoy!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
It's so small, I could hardly see it!
31.gif

WOW..over 4 carats. That rock is SPECTACULAR!! I LOVE IT, as I'm sure you do!!
Please tell me that will be set(permanently) as a solitaire? It's magnificent..ENJOY!!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Enjoy your BIG new diamond on your trip, I would not want to wait to wear it either! What setting are you going to put it in?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely, many congrats on your new precious!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I just LOVE your new diamond - congrats!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!! That''s a beautiful, gorgeous, amazing stone!
30.gif

Congratulations, and I can''t wait to see the final product!!!
36.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Tamole! That bugger is gorgeous! Post more pics when you get back from your trip!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful!!! Can''t wait to see it all set!
9.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Wow grats. Very nice
1.gif

Date: 7/11/2008 11:04:07 AM
Author: cantwait4life
That diamond could have fed an entire village
38.gif

Enjoy FWIW
wth? hope you were kidding??

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
38.gif

Enjoy FWIW
Oh, look! A troll! How original!
20.gif

cantwait4life

Rough_Rock
I''m not a troll. Just making an observation that her diamond could feed a small village of starving children.

Didn''t say it wasn''t a beauty because it most certainly is.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
38.gif

Enjoy FWIW
Wow, jealous much? I happen to notice that you own a diaomond ring yourself by reading your other posts. Since the average salary in the developing world is around a dollar a day, I''m sure that the cost of your ring could have fed an entire village as well. But no one is making judgments on how you spend your money ...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2008 1:34:33 PM
I''m not a troll. Just making an observation that her diamond could feed a small village of starving children.

Didn''t say it wasn''t a beauty because it most certainly is.
I believe you mentioned on another thread that you recently received a diamond that cost approximately $3,000? I wonder how many starving children THAT could have fed?
33.gif

Sorry . . . I was always taught that if you don''t have anything nice to say, you shouldn''t say anything at all.
23.gif

cantwait4life

Rough_Rock
It has nothing to do with jealousy. Not everyone likes a big stone. I thought that was established ages ago on pricescope and I''m surprised that someone that has been on PS for so long would resort to throwing the "jealous much" phrase around.

But we digress.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 1:42:50 PM
It has nothing to do with jealousy. Not everyone likes a big stone. I thought that was established ages ago on pricescope and I''m surprised that someone that has been on PS for so long would resort to throwing the ''jealous much'' phrase around.

But we digress.
I''m also surprised that anyone on Pricescope would negatively judge anyone else for spending money on diamonds - especially since this is a diamond discussion forum.

chizzy1982

Shiny_Rock
cantwaitforlife

Why would you feel you HAD to make an "observation" on the size of her ring - to be frank your post was rude and completly out of line
38.gif

luvstheflash - stunning ring!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
luvstheflash - ignore the negative posts from the ''troll like'' poster! Enjoy your beauty! What will your permanent setting look like? I can''t wait to see it! We need more pics of your fab stone! WOW does it sparkle!!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2008 1:45:07 PM
Author: vespergirl

It has nothing to do with jealousy. Not everyone likes a big stone. I thought that was established ages ago on pricescope and I''m surprised that someone that has been on PS for so long would resort to throwing the ''jealous much'' phrase around.

But we digress.
I''m also surprised that anyone on Pricescope would negatively judge anyone else for spending money on diamonds - especially since this is a diamond discussion forum.
Well said, VesperGirl! And I believe we also "established ages ago on pricescope" that the SMTR forum is NOT the place to pass judgment on other people and their choices in jewelry.
20.gif

cantwait4life

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2008 1:50:17 PM
Author: Irishgrrrl

Date: 7/11/2008 1:45:07 PM
Author: vespergirl

But we digress.
Well said, VesperGirl! And I believe we also ''established ages ago on pricescope'' that the SMTR forum is NOT the place to pass judgment on other people and their choices in jewelry.
20.gif
You are absolutely right. Sorry.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apology accepted. Thank you!
1.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
You (directed towards the one who thinks the cost of this 4 carat diamond should have fed a village of starving children) can prefer the smaller styles but not pass judgement on another person''s spending habits. I would hazard a guess that your comment is springing from something other than "not liking big diamonds."

If you don''t like them, then don''t wear them. If you can''t think of anything nice to say, then say nothing.

By the way, did you give up your diamond and donate the money to a good cause? When you do, please let us know so we can tell you how good it was of you to be so selfless.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And how sweet that the jeweler gave you a temporary setting so that you could wear it on your trip.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Please excuse my previous post, it must have crossed paths at the same time as an apology was being offered and accepted. Now that''s a refreshing turn of events that I like to see!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2008 2:03:27 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Please excuse my previous post, it must have crossed paths at the same time as an apology was being offered and accepted. Now that''s a refreshing turn of events that I like to see!
Terry, I thought so too! It''s so nice when we can get these things resolved without resorting to pie! LOL!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results