shape
carat
color
clarity

My other new ring...to keep or not to keep

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
So I got this ring thinking that I could get it resized and have it be my christmas present to myself. Yeah, I didn''t factor in the costs of platinum those days. According to my jeweler, it would cost around 125 bucks to get it resized from a 4.5 to a 6.5. Does that sound about right? I dunno if I want to spend more money on it. Currently it only fits on my pinkie, but as some of you might recall, I just got a pinkie ring from BF as christmas present. What to do? Should I sell it on ebay? Opinions?

Some stats: 1960s platinum ring with some 0.03ct diamonds, total ct weight is around 0.30ct.

Oh, please excuse the needing-lotion-desperately fingers....I can''t help it, I work with chemicals at work. :(

thumb1.JPG

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Pinkie ring with SP eternity band, can you tell which is which? Oh, the new ring didn''t come with any paper work, but we think the diamonds are SI1, H-I color

thumb3.JPG

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
probably wont get too much more for it on ebay, I''d have it resized and enjoy it

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2006 1:51:57 PM
Author: MustangFan
probably wont get too much more for it on ebay, I''d have it resized and enjoy it

I agree!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
If you can''t return it, I''d probably just hold onto it until I could afford to have it resized. There is no need to have two pinky rings IMO unless you wear one on each hand
2.gif

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your suggestions. Keeping it and getting it resized when I have money is probably what I''ll do. It''s not like platinum prices will come down anytime soon. :(

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
It''s very pretty, but it is so similar to your other ring. I''d have it sized, or exchange for a different type of band. I had a plain plat band sized down 1/4 size recently. The store did it free because they do one sizing free on rings, but it would have been $65 (to size DOWN.) I think there must be a lot of labor involved. You might want to check around. My local Jareds has done some work for me and their prices were always very reasonable. With a diamond band like that you want to make sure that whoever sizes it makes sure the diamonds are all firmly in place. By the way, some people might not think it is worth it to size down only 1/4 size, but I am enjoying wearing my ring a lot more now that it spins less!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results