shape
carat
color
clarity

my OEC ering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
About a month and a half ago my sweetie took me to Marth''s Vineyard in early June and proposed
9.gif
The stone was his family''s heirloom (originally set in a man''s ring worn by his great-grandfather, grandfather, and father) and I picked out the setting, so the whole thing wasn''t a complete surprise, but it was awesome. It''s so amazing to be officially engaged to the man I love
1.gif

Though the setting was just what I picked out, there were a few little things I wasn''t super happy about. First, there were round channel set sidestones and while I thought I liked channel set rounds, I realized after seeing it that I just didn''t. Also, the whole thing was a little bulky for me. So I took it back two weeks ago and the jeweler was more than ready to change it to fit exactly what I wanted. They ended up making it much more delicate and doing bead set sidestones instead of channel set. I absolutely love it!
30.gif
It''s perfection now and I''m so excited to wear it forever.

I can''t speak highly enough of our local B&M, Jewelry Designs, in Danbury, CT. They''re about 5 minutes from our house and they have all sorts of unique and amazing designs in their stores (including these bugs, yep insects like ants and beetles, that have amazing pave and huge gemstones). Through the whole process we worked with the manager, Kurt, and he was amazing. So ready to do anything I asked (even when I completely changed my mind from channel set to bead set!) and remake it free of charge. I will definitely be going back to them for any jewlery work I have done in the future.

Now for the ring!

The center stone is a 1.67ct OEC (7.88x7.89x4.57), H, I2. There''s a huge chip in the pavillion, but the majority of people I show it to can''t even see it (I can, and you probably can in the pictures, but I don''t think it interferes with the amazing sparkle). I can see a bit of color from the side, so I''m not sure their H grade is that accurate, but I don''t really care because I love the color. It''s really white from the top and occasionally shows a bit of warmth which I love. Set gypsy style inside the ring are two single cut stones taken from my grandmother''s engagement ring (my mom is resetting the main stone and the other two single cuts into a new engagement ring for herself). I couldn''t use them as side stones because they wouldn''t match modern full cut stones, but the jeweler suggested putting them inside the setting. I love it because they can be included, but it''s something only I know about
2.gif

lf ering 1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I love the Tiffany Lucida and based the profile on its wonderful trellis design.

lf ering 4.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here's a pic of the two single cut stones set inside the band. I love that we combined a stone from his family and stones from my family in one ring.

lf ering 5.jpg

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I really love the beadset stones! Congratulations!
36.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks muttlover! I originally chose the channel set because I liked how secure and safe they would be, but the design just didn''t look right. I think my antique stone needed a less modern looking setting. I also think having them bead set allows them to sparkle so much more
1.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Oh. Wow. I absolutely adore your ring, and especially love all of the family heritage in it - so special. Congratulations on your engagement!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your ring. The combination of the diamond from his family and the two diamonds from your family are just plain wonderful
36.gif
!!!!! What a family treasure you have, it is so beautiful.

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
What a great ring! And a family heirloom to be passed down as well. Congratulations!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
love it.
Georgeous setting, a really special ring, and you cant beat a family oec
wow

35.gif

d2b

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Absolutely stunning! I love the symbolism, I love the setting, I love the stone ... can I humbly beg for more pics? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase?

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!

Beautiful heilroom put to very good use!!

Enjoy!

Cachette
1.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and it looks lovely on your hand. Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful ring
36.gif
36.gif

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely lovely!!! How cool that you could have such meaning to/in your ring! Congrats!

K9

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 11:17:32 PM
Author: elrohwen
Thanks muttlover! I originally chose the channel set because I liked how secure and safe they would be, but the design just didn''t look right. I think my antique stone needed a less modern looking setting. I also think having them bead set allows them to sparkle so much more
1.gif

I can see how the channel would appear too modern for that antique with lots of character. The beadset lets your OEC be the main attraction!
3.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, congrats!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to everyone for your kind replies! My ring really is very special and I hope to be able to pass it down to my son/daughter someday (though I''ll probably be very old before I''m willing to pass it on
28.gif
. I also have the new project of resetting something into the man''s ring. I know FI won''t ever wear it (he is so not into jewelry) but I would still like to keep the ring as an heirloom and maybe have it set with a sapphire. You can see pictures of the setting here if you scroll down the page.

I''ll try to take some flower pictures tomorrow when I get home from my business trip. I had some beautiful gerbera daisies at home and hopefully they haven''t wilted yet
2.gif

alicej

Rough_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!

You will love it forever.

Congratulations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results