shape
carat
color
clarity

my OEC ering!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very nice, OEC''s are very special! Congrats on your engagement, it sounded wonderful!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh how beautiful and special! i love the sentiment behind it too!
congrats!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and what a special ring to have...it''s lovely! Welcome to the Old Cuts Club baby! Close ups are required...
31.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Your ring is absolutely beautiful and I too love that you were able to use stones from both of your families. What a wonderful heirloom!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
How fortunate to be able to wear diamonds that have been in your family for generations. I especially like the hidden stones that only you know are there when you wear the ring. The setting looks heavy and bold, even the prongs and diamonds on the shank are large!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2008 10:51:15 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
How fortunate to be able to wear diamonds that have been in your family for generations. I especially like the hidden stones that only you know are there when you wear the ring. The setting looks heavy and bold, even the prongs and diamonds on the shank are large!
Yeah, I guess it does look a big heavy in the pictures. The sidestones are definitely not small
31.gif
but the shank narrows down to a liittle under 3mm, so it''s reasonably delicate. The closeup shots definitely make the prongs look huge though! I do have super long fingers, so I think it fits me really well. Something super duper delicate would just get lost on my fingers.

And I''m glad everyone loves the hidden stones so much
10.gif
I have to give my jeweler complete credit for that one. It''s something I never would''ve thought of on my own.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
More pictures, as promised!

This is my first attempt at a flower shot. Not bad for a beginner!

lf ering flower 1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Hrm, let''s try that again, a little bigger.

lf ering flower 3.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my attempt at a closeup of the stone. You can see that it has a nice flower pattern if you look closely. You can also see the chip in the bottom left corner by the prong. For being such a large chip, it doesn''t impact the look of the stone that much and it''s impossible to see from a normal distance. Even close up the people I showed it to couldn''t find it.

lf ering closeup 1.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I really like your ring, the side stones and the overall shape is just beautiful. It flows so nicely.

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I just love it! What a cool history. I actually really love the chip too. I think that it is my favorite part of your ring if I had to choose one. It gives it character and it shows that it was lived in and loved.
It makes me think of how with old art-especially old sculptures they look so much better now than they ever could have originally. Like with old Egyptian and Greek sculpture fragments they look so much more amazing now that the paint has worn almost all the way off and they have been chipped away at by time. So awesome. Love it!

Mrs.2Artists

MMT

Ideal_Rock
So pretty and a family ring also. Congrats!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results