shape
carat
color
clarity

My new WF ACA diamond studs

bigearedfennec

Rough_Rock
My 30th birthday present!

0.345 cts VS2 G AGS Ideal 0 and 0.343 cts VS2 G AGS Ideal 0 in platinum 4 prong basket

img_2743_0.jpg

img_2738.jpg

20150826_023226835_ios.jpg

The stones are stunning! I love them, but I have a concern about the settings. I thought that platinum is supposed to be much brighter and whiter than white gold.

If I compare them with my old 14k white gold studs with sapphires (I wear them 24/7 for 9 years already with no regular cleaning) the platinum looks dull and greyish? :confused: ?

Also settings do not have Whiteflash hallmark - just 950 with something that looks like 's'.
Please tell me that I am worrying for nothing!

photo1_14.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your studs look beautiful. I can't answer your concerns about the setting but I have confidence Whiteflash gave you what you ordered. I think the WF logo only shows on their line of jewelry. I have YG studs from them and don't see any logo on them.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! studs.. beautiful.. as to platinum, it is greyer and not as bright as rhodium plated white gold.. you could ask WF to plat the platinum. I was suprised when I reset my engagement ring into a platinum setting how different the metal was to my wedding band.. Again, those studs are perfect.. congratulations and happy BDAY!

:clap: :clap:

bigearedfennec

Rough_Rock
Tekate

:wavey: than you for your wishes!
You gave me confidence that I really needed. I never had platinum before and since this is a present for my milestone birthday I was worried.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're beautiful! Wow, I bet they sparkle like crazy and they look very elegant on you! Enjoy them, and have a great birthday!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful, congratulations on such a gorgeous pair of earrings!

As far as the settings, platinum has more of a grey tone to it, especially compared to rhodium plated white gold. They look perfect for your diamonds. :) Enjoy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bigearedfennec|1440871222|3920842 said:
Marcy,

Thank you! Now I feel much better! :)

You are very welcome Bigearedfennec. Enjoy your beautiful studs. :wavey:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
First of all....Happy Birthday!!! :clap: Your new earrings are beautiful! I love the proportions in the ear shot pic. They look so lovely & sparkly on you! :appl: Platinum is definitely slightly greyer in tone. A lot of people really enjoy the subtle less shiny look along with the patina that platinum gets over time. Enjoy your new earrings! :wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum doesn't have that bright in your face over the top shine/look that new polished white gold has. Either will dull with age anyway. I think they look great, congrats on them and your birthday!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday!!!
Your new earrings are lovely :bigsmile: They look fantastic on you!!

To ditto Arkie's answer to one of your questions - "950" is a common platinum marking, so no worries there. As Arkie said platinum doesn't have that chrome look that plated WG does - it'll be a greyer, darker, "moodier" colour. Still very cool and icy, but not rhodium bright white.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday!!

What a great gift to wear all the time. They look lovely on your ears. I bet they sparkle like mad.
:)

bigearedfennec

Rough_Rock
junebug17, vintageinjune, derbygal, Rockinruby, JDDN, arkieb1, Yssie, 16ocean

Thank you folks for yours opinions and for your wishes! I really appreciate them!

Now I have no doubts at all and really enjoying my studs! :angel:

This forum is so helpful! I knew nothing about diamonds 3 weeks ago and now I have those beauties! :love:

Thanks again guys!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a nice 30th birthday gift! :love: :appl:

Those are just stock settings and not made by WF. You can always have platinum items rhodium plated (like wg usually is) if you prefer that look!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEF - congrats on your first ideal-cut studs! I hope you love them and get many years' pleasure from them! My everyday earrings are a touch larger than yours (.2 each) but proportionally they look the same on the ear - and I love them! I truly do wear them almost every day! I hope you get much enjoyment from your new bling!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pair of earrings!... :appl:

bigearedfennec

Rough_Rock
Victoria10, diamondseeker2006, VRBeauty, Dancing Fire

Thank you! :)

diamondseeker2006
=) I've already started loving the color of platinum!

anithic

Rough_Rock
Wow! They look amazing. I'm debating whether I should get a pair for my mom from WF for her milestone birthday and this really helped me to decide.

Happy birthday!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Happy birthday!! Those earrings are beautiful. My 30th is approaching and I am thinking of getting diamond studs as well! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results