shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Varna E Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicholerh

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if this should go under this forum or the colored gems folder - but here goes.

The story/stats:
We had a custom ring made for me that involved a round blue sapphire and two side diamond pears. The gems were held by platinum, the band was gold. But once I had it on my hand something felt really off about it. Like it didn''t belong on my hand. So we took it back to the jeweler no problems and had it completely redone! It was just too blingy for me so we ditched the diamonds and kept the sapphire. We picked out a Varna platinum ring and had it custom tweaked a little and I had to wait the longest 4 weeks of my life. I got it and I _LOVE_ it - this is my ring.

nicholerh

Rough_Rock
Oh yeah I forgot basic info:
Ring size 8
Varna Ring
Platinum
Round blue sapphire, just shy of 2 cts
there are 4 tiny diamonds on each prong for a total of 16

close up2.jpg

nicholerh

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately on some of these you''re going to see a stray hair that I don''t know how to PS out...

close up filigree.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely!

cheers--Sharon

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh it''s beautiful! The setting is lovely and the sapphire is a beautiful color!
Congratulations!!
30.gif
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don''t get sick of pictures! Silly girl! Beautiful sapph and that mounting is gorgeous! Yummy blue.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous! The stone is lovely, the setting showcases it to perfection. Great job!!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty ring.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous and definitely a beautiful blue. I love all the detail!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely setting, and that shade of blue is just yummy. Enjoy!!!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring!
30.gif
The sapphire is such a pretty color and the setting is lovely!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!
36.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful, the blue in that sapphire is amazing! congrats on your engagement!!

nicholerh

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the compliments. It took us forever to find the right sapphire. A lot of looking and a lot of patience.
For fun, here''s my old ring setting. It completely changes the look of the ring. I love the new ring soooo much more. It suits me so much more.

zring10101.jpg

March-8-2008

Shiny_Rock
I loooove your new ring... but I agree, the old ring looked ''off'', as you put it.

I realized it was because it looked like a human blue eye, with the sapphire center/iris bookended by white. Looking at the photo of your old ring kinda reminded me of looking at one of those old Magic Eye posters. When I looked at your photo and then let my eyes relax and unfocus, that was when I saw ''the blue eye''.

But - away from my freaky misperceptions and back to your new ring!

It''s gorgeous!!!!!!!

21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I really really like your new ring! The engraving and the heart are great touches!!!!

Congrats!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I normally really like the blue sapphires WITH sidestone diamonds to set off the colors, but this reset is soooo much prettier! It looks incredible on you and that color is to die for! Please post more hand shots - it''s amazing
emteeth.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow Nicolerh. Hooray for Varna...hubby and I looked at Varna settings and adored their designs and details. Your reset is gorgeous; I just love the tiny engraved flowers
1.gif
!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results