shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Tiffany Lucida Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 2:36:42 PM
Author: mb418
StephensBride, definitely!! When I first wore it after it was resized, I thought it looked so much bigger on my hand. So I guess it is all relative. Whew!
3.gif

Just Kidding!!

Harriet, then the Lucida must also be dear to your heart.
5.gif

I have been addicted to this forum and read that a lot of people have upgrades or purchased a different set of engagement ring/band for anniversary. Do you have any such experience? I am curious as to what people do with the original one? I cannot imagine turning my Lucida into something else, but you only have 10 fingers available!
37.gif
It sure is!
1.gif
I did upgrade, but am still wearing the diamond (on a necklace) and the band (I put a ruby into it).

mom2twogirls

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!! It''s beautiful!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats, it''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning!!!! I''ve always loved the lucida, you must be thrilled! Congratulations on your engagement!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!! My e-ring is a lucida also so I''m biased!! Enjoy it!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2008 12:45:19 PM

As requested, specs of my e-ring. I have to admit that I don''t understand half of what these numbers mean!

26.gif

Shape: Cut Cornered Square

Cut: Mixed Cut

Measurements: 5.79 x 5.73 x 4.27 mm

Carat: 1.05 Carats

Color Grade: H

Clarity Grade: VS1

Polish: Very Good

Symmetry: Very Good

Precision of Cut: Excellent

Ring Size: 3.75 (I don''t quite fit the 4, so the Tiffany''s salesperson recommended between 3.5 and 4)

mb418, you have a patented diamond that no one else can legally replicate. In such a situation, you take the "numbers" and you crumple up the piece of paper and toss it into the garbage. What you have is an heirloom representing the most important diamond cut of the last 50 years. And at over 1 carat in a size 3 ring, it looks ENORMOUS on your finger. And did I mention that it is beautiful? Congratulations
35.gif

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I adore the lucida, and yours is particularly gorgeous! Congratulations!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, congrats!!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Isabelle, thanks for your kind words!! I do buy into the concept of "Tiffany" legacy. I know that Tiffany charges a high price premium for its brand (rightfully so?? judging from all the threads in this forum, it is highly debatable!), but to me the brand stands for elegancy and timelessness. I am so proud to own a "heirloom" piece!
31.gif
Whenever I think about it, I couldn''t believe my fiancee got me a ring from there.

Afterall, who can argue with Audrey Hepburn??
17.gif

picresized_th_1214239205_004.jpg

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Hi pretty ring. You must be filipina. Me too! Where do you live now?

mb418

Shiny_Rock
More pictures of the ring

picresized_th_1214240136_024.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
krisvrn, I am from Hong Kong. I am spending the summer in the UAE.
2.gif

picresized_th_1214240761_002.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Bee*, I am sure your Lucida is gorgeous!
9.gif

picresized_th_1214241160_008.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
In love with my ring!
4.gif
A couple more pictures that I took today. Hopefully you enjoy the photos as much as I do.

picresized_th_1214241884_003.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Dear all, I always like the look of a thin band, but the Lucida has a thicker band. So for the wedding band, would it look a bit mis-matched if I chose a thin band? Any suggestions/pictures will be appreciated!
5.gif

picresized_th_1214242939_Lucidaring.jpg

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful Lucida :) personally one of my favourite tiffany''s pieces :).

With the idea of a thin band I think really it comes down to personal preference and whether you like the look of it or not and on your hand, saying that it is a good excuse to go do some trying on :).

I think 2 plain or sparkly thin bands one on each side of your e-ring would be lovely :).

softly softly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring - I am another admirer of the Lucinda. Congratulations on your engagement/

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely timeless ring. Congratulations on your engagement!!

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
Lucky girl! It''s big and beautiful on your petite finger!
30.gif

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Deelight, I absolutely love your idea, surround the e-ring with 2 thin bands. I love thin eternity bands but wasn''t sure how I can incorporate that with my engagement ring. i was going to get a one for my right hand.

I guess I can try out the 2 bands idea.
31.gif

Thanks!!

Date: 6/23/2008 5:58:50 AM
Author: Deelight
Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful Lucida :) personally one of my favourite tiffany''s pieces :).

With the idea of a thin band I think really it comes down to personal preference and whether you like the look of it or not and on your hand, saying that it is a good excuse to go do some trying on :).

I think 2 plain or sparkly thin bands one on each side of your e-ring would be lovely :).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I LOVE the lucida, and I really like the idea of wearing it with the matching lucida diamond band.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
vespergirl, I did try it on several weeks ago with my e-ring on, and they look quite nice together! (though I am not sure if it looks too big on my finger). I didn''t even notice until I tried the Lucida band on in Tiffany that the band is surround by platinum on both sides to match the Lucida platinum band. I think because of that detail, the e-ring and the band really look like a set.

Well I know (duh!), right?
25.gif

I can''t wait to seriously try all the different styles on and pick one out! Will definitely post pictures here when I do so.

You ladies are the most wonderful!

Date: 6/23/2008 8:08:33 AM
Author: vespergirl
Gorgeous! I LOVE the lucida, and I really like the idea of wearing it with the matching lucida diamond band.

mb418

Shiny_Rock
OK, in my defense, I just finished writing one of my papers
34.gif
, so I have some free time taking and uploading pictures! hehe

picresized_th_1214268318_001.jpg

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 12:52:51 AM
Isabelle, thanks for your kind words!! I do buy into the concept of ''Tiffany'' legacy. I know that Tiffany charges a high price premium for its brand (rightfully so?? judging from all the threads in this forum, it is highly debatable!), but to me the brand stands for elegancy and timelessness. I am so proud to own a ''heirloom'' piece!
31.gif
Whenever I think about it, I couldn''t believe my fiancee got me a ring from there.

17.gif

You''re right. But it''s more than a legacy when it comes to the patented cut Lucida. No one else can cut this cut, at least not legally. And they won''t be able to for another 12 years or so. So you are getting the benefit of the Tiffany name plus something that no one else can get if they don''t shop at Tiffany. FWIW, I think you should get the Lucida band or another one that isn''t too thin. Have you tried the Lucida band on with the ring? It really looks good. But the Novo thin diamond pave band would also look good if you really want the thing band. You could get two Novos and put one on each side. That would look pretty cool. The only thing is they are REALLY expensive. So if you didn''t want the pay for that, you could also get someone like WF to custom make you a thin band like the Novo using the "ACA" diamonds in the pave. They sparkle incredibly. But if it were up to me, I would get the Lucida band b/c it look so good next to the Lucida. Take your best friend with you and have her try the ering on with the wedding band. Sometimes I need to see my ring on someone else''s hand in order to know what it looks like on my own. Best wishes to you!!

mb418

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

picresized_th_1214268965_007.jpg

mb418

Shiny_Rock
Isabelle, thanks so much for your advice! I am new to all this "diamond" talk as I needed to google the other day what a cushion cut and a princess cut looked like. Before I only knew that the Lucida is a patented Tiffany design, but I thought it was the "U-shape" on the sides only. I didn''t really understand the special cut until I read up on it.
7.gif

Too bad that I cannot take pictures when I try on rings in Tiffany. I think all this luxury stores have a strict policy.

Date: 6/23/2008 9:07:02 AM
Author: Isabelle

Date: 6/23/2008 12:52:51 AM
Isabelle, thanks for your kind words!! I do buy into the concept of ''Tiffany'' legacy. I know that Tiffany charges a high price premium for its brand (rightfully so?? judging from all the threads in this forum, it is highly debatable!), but to me the brand stands for elegancy and timelessness. I am so proud to own a ''heirloom'' piece!
31.gif

17.gif

You''re right. But it''s more than a legacy when it comes to the patented cut Lucida. No one else can cut this cut, at least not legally. And they won''t be able to for another 12 years or so. So you are getting the benefit of the Tiffany name plus something that no one else can get if they don''t shop at Tiffany. FWIW, I think you should get the Lucida band or another one that isn''t too thin. Have you tried the Lucida band on with the ring? It really looks good. But the Novo thin diamond pave band would also look good if you really want the thing band. You could get two Novos and put one on each side. That would look pretty cool. The only thing is they are REALLY expensive. So if you didn''t want the pay for that, you could also get someone like WF to custom make you a thin band like the Novo using the ''ACA'' diamonds in the pave. They sparkle incredibly. But if it were up to me, I would get the Lucida band b/c it look so good next to the Lucida. Take your best friend with you and have her try the ering on with the wedding band. Sometimes I need to see my ring on someone else''s hand in order to know what it looks like on my own. Best wishes to you!!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly, I think you should get the band the Tiffany artisans made for the ring. They know a lot about this stuff. It will look smashing on your hand. They won''t let you take pictures which is why I suggested bringing a friend in so that you can see the rings together on her hand. You can stand further away and get a sense of what they look like. It will all be great whatever you decide to go with.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2008 7:47:57 AM
Deelight, I absolutely love your idea, surround the e-ring with 2 thin bands. I love thin eternity bands but wasn't sure how I can incorporate that with my engagement ring. i was going to get a one for my right hand.

I guess I can try out the 2 bands idea.
31.gif

Thanks!!

Date: 6/23/2008 5:58:50 AM

Author: Deelight

Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful Lucida :) personally one of my favourite tiffany's pieces :).

Your welcome definitely try some different styles on and see how you go :)

I like the Novo band and the metro but I think the metro does not come in platinum. The pink sapphire and diamond bands are beautiful as well for something a little different Like the legacy one :).
18.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
I understand why you''re in love, its gorgeous!
30.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!
36.gif
Thanks for sharing more photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results