shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Sparkly

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
My .95 ct EGL I/J SI2 solitaire has moved into its new penthouse suite. Here's the original ring, a plain 18k WG shank:

Picture007.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
The stone was reset into a custom 19k WG ring with two .10 ct RB accents and ten .02 ct melee, pave-set in a semi-eternity style. Here it is:

Ring010_edited.jpg

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
I just read eferna''s thread, and aside from my diamonds being smaller, our rings are strangely similar!
face22.gif

eferna01

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! I have chosen a very similar design, so it must be true that great minds think alike.
31.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-whiteflash-ring.23003/
As you can se there are some variations. I love how they raised the side a little higher. Who did it?
I is atonishing and I am so jealous since I am having mine appraised so still has to do some traveling before I can hold it.
Again stunning!
30.gif
36.gif

Enjoy
35.gif

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
Quite stunning. What a difference a new band can make. Although I think it was beautiful before, it is gorgeous now.
1.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a stunning ring....aurora, how wide is your band?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That''s lovely.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I haven''t measured it and I wasn''t given the numbers...but if I had to guess, I would say 2 or 2.5 mm.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Wow--it was beautiful before but now it is just regal!
30.gif
1.gif
Congrats!
36.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I love the new setting. It makes the ring looks more delicate and feminine than the old setting, plus there''s all that extra bling bling.

abbott

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! How long did you have the original ring before you changed the setting. It is beautiful !! Abbott

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it''s just stunning!
1.gif
Will you be able to wear your wedding band flush or near-flush? Sorry to pester you with all the questions,
9.gif
but I just
30.gif
30.gif
your setting and am considering something similar for myself. It looked so amazing on your hand, now it''s DEFINITELY a contender!!
3.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow! While I think the solitaire was beautiful, this is just even more beautiful! I also have a .95, I color (mine is an I1). I had mine put in my wide wedding ring and I love it there but sometimes I wish it were more noticeable like yours. But I digress...Your new ring is beautiful!

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone for all the compliments! I didn''t have it in a solitaire for too long (maybe about three months?). My boyfriend had originally wanted a three stone ring, but I didn''t like the anniversary look. I found this ring to be a beautiful compromise as the sides just subtlely accent the center.

Goldgirl, I stressed to the jeweller that I wanted a wedding band to sit flush with the ring. I believe it will work fine as long as I wear a matching pave band. I tried on a plain band, which also works, but I think it looks a little funny. First of all, the pave shank is thicker than a plain band, so it sticks out on the sides more. Plus, it looks a little unbalanced with all the bling in one ring and nothing in the other. I love talking about my ring so please post more questions if you need to ask!
1.gif

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love your ring and setting!!!! Enjoy!!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
aurora that is so beautiful!! thanks for all your help with my ring. seeing pics of your ring is making me think real hard about whether i want just the pave band like yours or the pave band with milgraining like the rosebud! aaaargh!

i absolutely love
30.gif
love
30.gif
love
30.gif
your ring....esp the two extra sparklies on the side! amazing how it changes the whole depth of the ring!

3.gif
i want.
30.gif

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Aurora,

I missed this thread before whatwith it being Christmas and all. What a beautiful new setting! Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results