shape
carat
color
clarity

My new setting for 1.8 ct round! Finger coverage galore!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: My new setting for 1.8 ct round! Finger coverage galore

Love the new coverage! It looks great! Yoni is very pleasant to work with and easy going isn't he?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock

Laila619|1317083937|3026377 said:
Thank you April20, Dreamer, jaysonsmom, and tyty333!! :wavey:

jaysonsmom|1317074657|3026227 said:
Laila, your upgrade is gorgeous! Do you mind telling me your ring size? I want to know what kind of finger coverage I'd get when I halo my stone. My upgrade was also a 1.81 H SI1 :)

I love the plain shank, and would one day like to reset to a setting similar to yours, except I'd like a cushion halo.

jaysonsmom, you should totally do it!! You'll never have DSS again, hehe. My ring size is a 6, but I wear a 6.25 or 6.5 because I hate tight rings. I LOVE cushion halos! :naughty:

I just got a quote from a well-respected ring designer, and I don't think it'll break the bank....so tempting!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

stunning :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new ring is very pretty and has a lot of wow! to it. So glad you finally decided on a setting that you love!

What color is the stone?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Laila... this is gorgeous! I see when you posted the specs, you did not post the color. It looks to be a warmer color i nthe pictures. May I ask what it is? In some of the pics, it almost looks like a light "blush" color. :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you to marcy, FutureMrs.Williamson, centralsquare, Krisvrn, mjertl, luv2sparkle, junebug, D&T, Skippy, MissGotRocks, and Cushioncutnut!!

Sorry, I thought I posted the color! It's an H, although like I mentioned, the melee Eternity Diamonds uses are whiter than my stone. Maybe my diamond is a low H, closer to an I.

Here are all the specs in case I left anything else out, taken from the cert:

Cut grade: AGS Ideal 0
Measurements: 7.80 x 7.84 x 4.81 mm
Light performance: AGS Ideal 0
Polish: AGS Ideal 0
Symmetry: AGS Ideal 0
Color grade: H AGS 2.0
Clarity grade: SI1 AGS 5 (NO feathers, the only inclusions are a crystal and a needle)
Carat weight: 1.81
Fluorescence: negligible
Table: 56
Depth: 61.7
Crown angle: 34.9
Pavilion angle: 40.7
Stars: 55 %
LGF: 80 % (skinny arrows!)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's sometimes hard to judge color by photos and of course taken in different lighting environments you get a different feel for the color each time. Some of the pictures show the stone looking very white so I assumed it was a higher end color. Thanks for clearing that up!

Still a beautiful ring though and hope you are still gaga over it!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's beautiful, Laila. I love halos with plain shanks.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you, Zoe!!

MissGotRocks, the difference doesn't bother me that much, although I was a little surprised. Yssie posted interesting info about the optics of melee vs center stones. Most of the time the whole thing blends together. I like when you can clearly see the slight warmth of the stone next to the melee so it doesn't just look like one big blob. :lol:

In person, it looks pretty steely, and this picture is a more accurate representation of what I usually what I see:

Picture002-1.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks very blended - and gorgeous!!

iluvdiamonds2

Brilliant_Rock

So pretty! I was also thinking about changing my setting too (see my poll/post)...in show me bling/hand/finger size.....

This looks huge on your finger! halos are so pretty. I think you'll be happy with this for a very long time!!! :wavey:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iluvdiamonds, thanks!! I adore halos for the size boost they give. Your ring is gorgeous, I looked at your thread. :love:

This picture below is kind of neat. It shows my current halo with upgrade diamond compared to my original solitaire 0.98 diamond. Crazy!! My hub will roll his eyes if I ever dare complain about DSS again. :lol:

Picture007-1 compare.JPG

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

jaysonsmom|1317151769|3027096 said:
Laila619|1317083937|3026377 said:
Thank you April20, Dreamer, jaysonsmom, and tyty333!! :wavey:

jaysonsmom|1317074657|3026227 said:
Laila, your upgrade is gorgeous! Do you mind telling me your ring size? I want to know what kind of finger coverage I'd get when I halo my stone. My upgrade was also a 1.81 H SI1 :)

I love the plain shank, and would one day like to reset to a setting similar to yours, except I'd like a cushion halo.

jaysonsmom, you should totally do it!! You'll never have DSS again, hehe. My ring size is a 6, but I wear a 6.25 or 6.5 because I hate tight rings. I LOVE cushion halos! :naughty:

I just got a quote from a well-respected ring designer, and I don't think it'll break the bank....so tempting!

jaysonsmom, do it, doooo it!! You know you want to! :Up_to_something: And please post lots of pics!

jrich

Shiny_Rock

Laila,
I love your ring! I am currently picking out mine which will defnitely be a halo for a round and plain shank. I had picked one from James Allen http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/-18k-Yellow-Gold-Pave-Set-Diam-Engagement-Ring.html,, but their diamond inventory seems to be so low these days I am considering looking elsewhere, as I want to get the stone and setting all from one place.

Can you tell me if your setting is one listed on the Eternity Diamonds page? I know you said it was custom, but I wonder if it has been added since- some of these look so similar. It looks like it could be the Charlotte, or the Diamond halo with plain band. If you didn't go with one of these pictured, can I ask why and did it cost much more? Their setting prices are so affordable so I am just curious if there is a particular reason not to choose one of these halos with plain bands.
http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/

Thank you so much for your help, and again congratulations on your beautiful ring!!

Jessica

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It's beautiful, congratulations!! It's *definitely* finger coverage galore :sun: :bigsmile:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

]
jrich|1323451949|3077870 said:
Laila,
I love your ring! I am currently picking out mine which will defnitely be a halo for a round and plain shank. I had picked one from James Allen http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/pave/-18k-Yellow-Gold-Pave-Set-Diam-Engagement-Ring.html,,, but their diamond inventory seems to be so low these days I am considering looking elsewhere, as I want to get the stone and setting all from one place.

Can you tell me if your setting is one listed on the Eternity Diamonds page? I know you said it was custom, but I wonder if it has been added since- some of these look so similar. It looks like it could be the Charlotte, or the Diamond halo with plain band. If you didn't go with one of these pictured, can I ask why and did it cost much more? Their setting prices are so affordable so I am just curious if there is a particular reason not to choose one of these halos with plain bands.
http://www.eternitydiamonds.com/engagement-rings/

Thank you so much for your help, and again congratulations on your beautiful ring!!

Jessica

Hi Jessica! Thanks!

The setting Eternity Diamonds made for me is very similar to the Charlotte. The only difference is I didn't like the Charlotte profile (too high), so we did the Charlotte ring with the profile/gallery of the Lauren setting. Their price for the custom setting was great. Yoni is very helpful.

Bliss

Ideal_Rock

How did I ever miss this??? Laila, this is stunning!!!!! I love the halo effect with the plain shank... PURE ELEGANCE!
:love: So beautiful. I love love love it in the new setting!!!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, that is a stunner!

Wow, absolutely stunning! :appl: Ditto on the awesome finger coverage! :love:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Re: My new setting! Finger coverage galore!!

It's a lovely ring! As you can see from my avi pic, I am a fan of halo settings :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Yssie, Bliss, luv2sparkle, whatamiwithout, and risingsun!! :wavey:

risingsun, I've always loved your halo!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

Fabulous! Halo + plain band is one of my favourites. Mind you don't strain your arm holding up that rock now :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new ER setting is just gorgeous! :love: Love it!!
Wear in health and happiness Laila!!

jrich

Shiny_Rock

Laila,

Thanks so much! I email Yoni my questions and am looking forward to hearing back! Did you get your diamond through Eternity as well? I know I want to get my diamond and setting from the same place. Their prices seem GREAT on diamonds, but I am nervous about there not being actual pictures. I asked if they can get them as well as the idealscopes but thought I'd check with you. Thank you!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

That is an amazing ring, really love the finger coverage..!! Love the plain band too.

renogirl

Shiny_Rock

Wow! It's beautiful...are you by any chance a hand model?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results