shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
This is my new wedding set.
center is 1.19 GIA--I, SI2, EX cut, EX polish, med blue Florescence. Side diamonds total .75 carats. Finger size 4.75.

I''m one of those people who (from now on) won''t consider buying a diamond unless it has florescence
1.gif

111_2239.jpg

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
showing off the fluorescence. I love the blue/purple tinge. It doesn''t ever look hazy IRL though
1.gif

111_2221.jpg

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
thank you!
Those earrings are actually 1cttw moissy earrings
2.gif
But I wear them pretty much daily

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HIL

Gawgeous!!

cheers--Sharon

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
are these arrows? can anyone else see them? I''m a little excited because I think it''s the first time I''ve come close to capturing them. Any tips?

111_2223.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring and it sure looks bigger then a 1.19. I LOVE the fluorescence
9.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I definitely see a hint of arrows so yup I would call that an arrow shot :)

Gorgeous ring :), I am a fan of flouro as well :)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, your ring looks gorgeous, congratulations!

Is the size a little too big, it looks a little loose. Please make sure that it fits properly cos'' you don''t want to lose the little beauty.

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:17:38 PM
Author: simplysplendid
Hi, your ring looks gorgeous, congratulations!

Is the size a little too big, it looks a little loose. Please make sure that it fits properly cos'' you don''t want to lose the little beauty.

Yup, I should have a 4.25 or 4, but my fingers swell really badly in the summer. To be comfy even if swollen, I usually get a 4.75. They aren''t loose enough to fall off though, even if wet, I think my knuckle sticks out too far to allow it.

Thank you though, I was just reading the post about the woman whose setting was put in the garbage disposal. How awful! Her new ring is amazing though

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your wedding set is lovely. I especially like your mountings. Four prongs per stone is very reminiscent of when my parents married in the ''50s. I LOVE that! If I may ask, who made your mountings?

Isn''t it funny that your Moissanite earrings (the supposed wonder stone of the century) are yellowish compared to your gorgeous diamond?? Diamonds all the way!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
My your rings are pretty! I love the fluor and the prongs
30.gif
10.gif

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2008 7:04:37 PM
Author: Linda W

9.gif

It's 6.88 X 6.94 X 4.13. I don't know if that faces up bigger than an average 1 1/4 or not? Maybe it just looks bigger because of my finger size??
But thank you, I love hearing that lol!

f I may ask, who made your mountings?
I got both at Jared's Galleria of Jewelry locally. I was looking into online vendors in detail, but actually found that while the diamond was about $500 more for a comparable diamond online, the setting was much less and it also came with the wedding band. I just had to pay about $130 (cant remember) to switch out the prong setting. I couldn't pass up the appeal of seeing it first before buying, & having a local place to take it to to get it cleaned, the cheaper price.... Plus, they have a great upgrade policy
9.gif
I traded in a ring & they gave me $800 MORE for my trade in diamond than I paid for it & gave me full price of what I paid for the setting
9.gif
I didn't want the diamonds that were in the store, so they ordered a couple for us to look at and even let me walk around outside in the sunlight with them & take the diamonds in different lighting before I picked this one. So I like them lol!

and yes, diamonds are amazing! Nothing compares!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/18/2008 9:28:07 PM
Author: purpleshirt

Date: 4/18/2008 7:04:37 PM
Author: Linda W

9.gif

It''s 6.88 X 6.94 X 4.13. I don''t know if that faces up bigger than an average 1 1/4 or not? Maybe it just looks bigger because of my finger size??
But thank you, I love hearing that lol!

f I may ask, who made your mountings?
I got both at Jared''s Galleria of Jewelry locally. I was looking into online vendors in detail, but actually found that while the diamond was about $500 more for a comparable diamond online, the setting was much less and it also came with the wedding band. I just had to pay about $130 (cant remember) to switch out the prong setting. I couldn''t pass up the appeal of seeing it first before buying, & having a local place to take it to to get it cleaned, the cheaper price.... Plus, they have a great upgrade policy
9.gif
I traded in a ring & they gave me $800 MORE for my trade in diamond than I paid for it & gave me full price of what I paid for the setting
9.gif
I didn''t want the diamonds that were in the store, so they ordered a couple for us to look at and even let me walk around outside in the sunlight with them & take the diamonds in different lighting before I picked this one. So I like them lol!

and yes, diamonds are amazing! Nothing compares!
>>

As far as mountings go, that was the hardest part of using an on-line vendor for me. I''m very much into the details of design, the shape of the ring, the comfort factor etc. and I found myself very uncomfortable not being able to see it in person and having to accept how it turned out. I''m with you! I doubt that I''ll ever do that again. I need to see what I''m buying and I need to be able to speak to someone in person with the ring (or whatever) in my hands to talk about what I want.

I LOVE your set. It has sort of a vintage-y, estate quality to it. Enjoy it. It''s beautiful.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set and very nice diamond.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful jewelry!

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
thanks again everyone, I love my upgrade!

If anyone wants 2 more pictures, there are some more here, taken within minutes that I got it.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/e-ring-profile-questions-with-pictures.83110/

We've been married 5 years, and picked it out together. DH still wanted to surprise me, so he had the store call me to tell me it wouldn't be ready until the next day. Then when he got home from work, he had me go into another room where there were roses in a vase. When I turned around to thank him for them, he was down on his knee and said some sweet things. Awwwww
30.gif

off to look at more people's diamonds!
3.gif

spike13

Shiny_Rock
WOW - your stone is absolutely stunning!!!!

For the pic where you can see the fluorescence, is that really how it looks? I know sometimes cameras can change things. I ask because I''m interesting in fluorescent stones and that just blew me away! So gorgeous!

Congrats on your new ring!

purpleshirt

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/19/2008 1:25:45 PM
Author: spike13

For the pic where you can see the fluorescence, is that really how it looks? I know sometimes cameras can change things. I ask because I'm interesting in fluorescent stones and that just blew me away! So gorgeous!

That picture is pretty close to how it looks, except it doesn't look as hazy or oily. It only shows under black light or if the full bright sun hits it the right way. I love how it changes!
The color of the purple blue is true though. I can try to get more shots of the florescence if you want. I actually bought a black light too to see what it looks like. it just glows!! I'm trying to think of things I can go to so I can see the florescence . Midnight bowling, getting my nails done etc
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results