shape
carat
color
clarity

My new re-set by Whiteflash: Diamonds for an Eternity settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock

With Mara and Lynn B (and many others) as inspiration I moved forward with a re-set for my engagement and wedding bands. Shrinkage had set in…but I couldn’t rationalize an upgrade just yet, having only had my rings for less than 2 years.

My original setting was in platinum, 4 prong, and cathedral style that I loved but soon wanted more “bling”. (Will need to resize my photos before I can post)

So, after reading probably all the postings on eternity bands etc I decided to go with Whiteflash and thought I would have to custom order the reset. Luckily I soon realized that WF had recently begun to offer the Diamonds for an Eternity set and placed my order. then with some trepidation mailed my original engagement band to them ( WF assured me that USPS registered insured was safe, and it was).

I mailed my ring off and then received a call from WF updating me on the recent issues they had found with the initial craftsmanship of this design and they had decided to upgrade this to their Whiteflash design (at an increased cost). I decided to still move forward with this re-set, since what matters is quality... although they did offer me a slight discount since my order had already been placed.

This being my first experience with WF I was little concerned but decided to give them a chance and wait and see how my rings would turn out. I soon found the thread on pricscope that detailed the recent issues (see “Eternity band with rough edges” posted by AndrewS) and eagerly awaited his update on his ring.

Well…long story short. I am pleased to report that I received my re-set yesterday and I am THRILLED!!!
35.gif

WF really came through, they took extra time to QC my rings and it took them an extra few days to complete my rings because of this. Everyone I have spoken with at WF has been extremely helpful and they really do have great customer service, it might take them awhile to return emails or calls but they will follow up. There has been a slight confusion over my request for an appraisal but I am sure this will get sorted out.

I LOVE my new rings and this setting really does make my diamond ‘look larger’ so perhaps I can postpone the upgrade for a while…

I really prefer the stuller solstice type head on Mara’s ring but to avoid going the ‘custom’ route with WF I have their regular 4-prong for now.

Specs:
1.513 E VS2
AGS Ideal 0
Florescence neg
Slightly thin to medium faceted girdle
34.7 crown angle, 15.9 crown ht
60.9 depth, 54 table43.1 pavilion depth

The diamonds in the bands are ACA and really sparkel!!

I will try to attach the photos that i received from WF. I need some advice on how to take good close up pics (ie hand shots etc) of my rings.

I need to resize the photos I have of my original setting before I can post.

Mara, I absolutley love your new upgrade and look forward to the day when I can also get my 2+ carat bling!
28.gif
How do you take such great pictures?

WF reset.jpg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS! I love the low head!

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock
Thanks! actually from the side view, the head isn''t that low. But I really wanted the rings to sit ''fluch'' which was more important that a low head and the trings really are flush! in fact several people today thought i had the two rings sodered together.
1.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunny it looks beautimous!!! i love how shrinkage has already set in....i know that song and dance by heart now!

congratulations on the new set....the extra bling will hopefully tide you over! the 4 prong head looks great in those pictures.

in terms of pictures, just set your camera to macro, have a steady hand and put that baby in the sunlight and in the shade, try all sorts of lighting situations and don't forget the flower shots. enjoy the new set!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yummy, love it!! Can''t wait for hand pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowza, it''s gorgeous. those shared prong sets are among my favorites and your''s looks great with your center stone.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Beautiful rings!!!! I can''t wait to see the hand shots!!
30.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I really like these rings. I was never a RB person but I have come to love these looks. HAND SHOTS!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!

I''m partial to that look of course!

How big are the diamonds on the eternity band? Are they 3 pointers?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Just gorgeous wedding set. They did a great job!

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all your replies.
I am having a little difficulty with taking ''handshots'', it has been rainy and dreary here so there hasn''t been any good light and for some reason when I put my digital camera on macro the camera has difficulty focusing and the pictures are ''fuzzy''.
33.gif

So, any detailed help on how to take good close up pictures is appreciated!

The small melee in the E-ring are 25 ACA diamonds weighing a total of 0.90cts,F/G VS/ and in the wedding band there is a full carat of ACA diamonds, F/G VS.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I really like the size stones you used for your bands (presume they are about 3.5 points each). Can''t wait to see hand pics of that icy white E!!!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Your new set looks gorgeous!
30.gif
I love the shared prong setting & the rings are perfectly flush!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
they look great.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!!!! more pictures. never bored with sparkly pictures!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful!
wow...does that ever look good on your hand! well done!
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the new pics...it sure is a beautiful set. I liked your original set but really love this one with your stone.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The pictures are great and your new setting is just stunning! Your rings were pretty before, but this is an exciting change.

genette

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring and hope to get a setting like that one day...I noticed in your pictures that the e ring and the wedding band don''t really touch, so it looks like the diamonds won''t scrape against each other. Is the space in between enough to prevent any damage? I only ask because I love that kind of setting but was worried about the stones bruising each other. I''d appreciate any information and once again I love your ring.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new setting. It really makes the diamond stand out more with just the right amount of sparkle on the band. Looks great.

Sunnygal

Rough_Rock
My e-ring and wedding band are actually quite flush-fitting. I have only had my new setting for 2 days so it is too soon to say if the diamonds are going to rub against one another. Hopefully there won''t be any issue of ''wear n'' tear''.

perhaps other PS folk with similar sets can wiegh in on this question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results