shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Pendant!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I've been thinking about resetting the diamond my FMIL gave me for a while now. As a Christmas present my honey took me to the jewelers and we had the diamond set into a pendant. I am so glad we did! It's beautiful. I love it.

Here are the specs: .547 carats, E-G color, VVS2-VS1 clarity, round brilliant. I don't know anything about the cut but it has A LOT of fire and sparkles like crazy. The pictures aren't so good. The color and clarify is an educated guess.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to put this diamond on a pendant since it’s a high clarity AND color. But I decided to do it anyways since I wasn't wearing it much as a ring. The setting was too similar to my ering.

Here's a picture of my rings. It's not the best picture but you can see how it was set before.

[4-prong solitare setting on right]
CIMG1559.jpg

[neck shot]
DSC01971.jpg

[on my hand]
DSC02054.jpg

[profile view]
DSC02053.jpg

[flower shots]
DSC02028.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

[hang out with my eternity ring]
DSC02056.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
My pix are still all messed up but from what I can see, it looks beautiful!!! I''ll go on at work tomorrow and see all the eye candy I''m missing at home! Congrats!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! It is always nice to see diamonds take on new lives and get worn again.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Snlee I love it! What a great size, and you know I love that setting. YUMMY!
18.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
very pretty- love it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love the size too! It''s actually bigger than I thought I would ever get for a pendant. If I had bought it myself I''d probably end up with a .3-.4. It was very generous of my FMIL to give it to me!

Thanks for all of your nice compliments! It''s great to show off my jewelry to people who appreciate the beauty of diamonds and who understand my sickness. Now I''m thinking about my next earring upgrade!
31.gif
It never ends!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love this shot of it...

DSC02054.jpg

The profile of your e-ring looks great here too!

I''m all for having your stuff so that you will wear it, so I think you were wise to not have two similar rings!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! What a wonderful recycle project!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
That is a great pendent and I love your other jewelry too! What is the story of the diamond from FMIL - was it a family piece? Was she in support of the reset?
Enjoy it!!

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Guacamole! What a gorgeous pendant!! Great size and it looks wonderful on you! Wear it in the best of health.

I wish you well,

Bridget

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Snlee, the diamond looks a lot bigger than 0.54 carats. It looks gorgeousl and perfect on you. I read in another thread about your eternity ring losing a diamond. I''m glad it was an easy fix. Your wedding set is beautiful.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, it looks much larger than .54...more like a 3/4c almost!! Very nice!! Love it...and those flower shots are divine!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2005 10:51:09 PM
Author: gailrmv
That is a great pendent and I love your other jewelry too! What is the story of the diamond from FMIL - was it a family piece? Was she in support of the reset?

Enjoy it!!

gailrmv, it wasn''t a family piece. I think she gave it to me since she hardly wears it. I''ve never seen her wear it. If she wears a ring, it''s a ring with a bigger diamond.
2.gif

At first I was hesitant to reset the diamond because I wasn''t sure if she would mind. But I went for it. She noticed that I didn''t wear the ring often so she didn''t mind that I put the diamond in a pendant, which is what I''ve been wanting!
36.gif

I love it! The diamond looks more like a .6-.7 to me. I was surprised to learn it was .547 carats when they weighed it!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMMIGOD WOW. I love/love/love it. Usually I''m more drawn to bezel pend. but that one is a showstopper. The chain, the low-set depth, the STONEY STONE STONE. My word what a wonderful gift from your FMIL. You''ll get 100x the use out of it this way than as a 2nd solitaire.

PS -- I noticed in an ad recently that the author Amy Tan wears two solitaires with her wedding band. Bet there''s some story with that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I love it!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
snlee
very beautiful pendant.
10.gif
30.gif
maybe FMIL has a few more under the pillow.
31.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
well done snlee...your pendant looks great!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful. What a nice size for a pendant.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I have a .38ct pendant and I wish it were a tad bit bigger. Yours looks like the perfect size.

I''m thinking about having mine reset and your setting is neat. It looks like it is stationary on the chain. I have the big rabbit ears bale that I''m not crazy about.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/30/2005 1:05:57 PM
Author: pebbles
I love it! I have a .38ct pendant and I wish it were a tad bit bigger. Yours looks like the perfect size.

I''m thinking about having mine reset and your setting is neat. It looks like it is stationary on the chain. I have the big rabbit ears bale that I''m not crazy about.

pebbles, yes, my diamond is set so it''s stationary on the chain. I knew that''s what I wanted so I requested it to be custom made. I really love the setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results